Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Rat posted:

On my first contract, one of the Ugandans on the opposing shift team literally had a heart attack and died at age 40 from Rip It overdose. They found him in his room, on his cot, dead, bowels voided, surrounded by Rip It cans.

let this be me but also with my tighty-whities around my ankles and Busty Black Belchers Vol. 32 in the VCR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

jesus gently caress did you have to get a weight waiver? thats some concentration camp victim poo poo

Does a weight waiver even apply to being underweight? My recruiter said I had to gain 15 lbs before Basic, there was never any mention of a waiver.

Cole posted:

in basic training they give you twice the amount of food as everyone else if you are underweight.

loving hated those skinny fucks for that.

The catch is that you get the exact same 4-6 minutes to eat it as everybody else. Source: :wave:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LeoMarr posted:

im so sorry that you only get 5 minutes to eat 2x as many sausage patties and biscuits and gravy as everyone else :smugjones:

When you can't finish even the first portion of food in the allotted time (which was 4 minutes until week 7), the extra is worthless. PLUS everybody else in your platoon is thinking "Why do YOU get special treatment, shitbag?" Any amount of dirty looks and a few mysteriously rearranged fire watches would be a small price to pay for extra bacon in the morning, but you never get a bite of it.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Don't mind me, just carrying a UFO around.

that's a 15 pound cat, for comparison.

the 2000s called

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I was born during the Reagan years and I'm not 30 yet, how does that make me old?

sssshhhh, take your pills and calm down grampa

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Serious answer: internships. Even better option: don't take summer off from school. College is your job.

yep. Internship if you can get it, otherwise hit the books and keep collecting government funbucks. You're just treading water and making yourself miserable at any normal seasonal job.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Re-docking organ fugue was siiiiiiiickkkkkkkkk

Take or leave the rest of it.

It really was.

So many great things about that movie, I loved whatever you call it where the cameras are fixed to the outside of the spacecraft (I assume they were scale models, I don't think CGI has gotten that good yet) during the spaceflight scenes. Absolutely loving sold the initial launch and then the improvised docking near the end.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I'm probably Irish somewhere on the thoroughly miscegenated paternal branch of the family tree. In any event, Irish girls are cute and have swell accents. I hope to bag a Jameson heiress or somesuch when I go to Ireland this summer.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I don't like online classes because they have all had extra bullshit work added in as a participation grade. The best classes are where the only graded things are the exams.

I've got the best of both worlds, a "blended" Statics class, ostensibly "50% traditional, 50% online," that only meets once per week for a lecture and assigns optional homework. If you turn in the homework, you get up to 5 extra points on each exam. Thanks to that, my average after midterms is over 100. It's crazy how much easier engineering classes got after slamming my head against Calc 3 and the introductory science courses.

• Locked thread