Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Remember when I said my boots were going to be like wearing buttery smooth brown baby skins?

Well, cow skins.

Now I get to spend the next week showering in them so they shrink up a bit, then waterproofing. Ticks and slightly deeper than ankle high stream crossings be damned.

They're so loving comfortable even with socks.

:gay:

So how is the rest of your renaissance faire outfit looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

"You may use one index card for notes on the test"

Do you suppose there's a market for novelty, giant, poster-sized, index cards?

I just bust out my .3mm drafting pencil and go to town with really teensy letters. Haven't run out of space yet.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It was not until my separation physical that I found out traumatic degenerative arthritis is a thing. Now I know it is a thing and the doc says it's just a question of when I'll need a back fusion. More years if I play nice, less if I don't. In the mean time I can't go back to being an EMT for fun like I wanted to and have been told 'Not only no, but gently caress no you can't go back to doing the martial arts you used to. Why not karate or something normal?'

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Crock pot chili is one of my favorite recipes. Like half an hour of work, then clean up and let it go all day to get deliciousness in a bowl when you're done.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I always got the impression that shaving became a thing during little brouhaha we had a ways back with the gas masks and trenches and whatnot. It would have made sense at the time, and Major Burnside et al. for god drat sure would have disagreed that shaving was a part of military service before that time. So at first it served a purpose.

Unfortunately that purpose allowed it to be one of the few ideas to penetrate the reinforced-concrete-bunker-thick skulls of people with rank and once that happens it's like a pit bull with a ham bone; they'll never let that fucker go. Eventually someone says something like, "Sir, we haven't been to Europe for a few decades now. The war's over. We're not actually wearing those gas masks anymore." and since critical thinking or having ideas is like dividing by zero in their brains everything kinda short circuits and they start flashing the error message, "Tradition, Tradition, Tradition".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The VA can suck a looooooooot of dicks, don't get me wrong, but growing up with a single working mom and no coverage is worse. poo poo sandwich to turd taco comparison to be sure but at least with the VA you can measure the wait time. Uninsured in the US your wait time is "get hosed" or the emergency room and bankruptcy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's the magic underpants, glasses and "hey guys we totes found this new book that was left out of the original one, it's on these golden tablets- no you can't see them they were taken to heaven trust me." Parts that weird me out. I had a time after high school where I gave a wide variety of religions a month or so of attendance to see what they felt like and everything I got from Mormonism was a constant snake oil salesman vibe. People were nice, organization felt creepy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

HClChicken posted:

I honestly don't know if I'd rather go somewhere on spring break or just do what I am and getting sleep, drinking beer and playing vidya games. I should start studying for my quantum test next week. :(

Can't you just state that you did and did not get an A+ at the same time? Sounds easy I should do this quantum stuff.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm a terrible former enlisted, I have an almost perfect attendance record as I find being physically in a classroom really helps me with some classes. Also it's like a ten minute drive to campus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Sold all my ACUs, elbow/knee pads, high speed glasses, first aid kits etc. etc. to a military surplus store. Didn't make as much back as I spent on it from clothing allowance but whatever, more money to me from Uncle Sam and somewhere a tactilol air softer is super happy about it or something.

• Locked thread