Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

Guys, I have to admit something:

A few months back, I was having a difficult time in school which was being compounded by a few other issues. Generally I was not having a good time, so I did the unthinkable: I called up a recruiter. A reserve recruiter. A Navy reserve recruiter. I saw it as a way out, a way to let the pressure valve go. Basically, I planned to go in as the equivalent rate to the one I had in the Marines, which would allow me to get to a unit faster than it would if I were to retrain. I went so far as to going to MEPS for the initial physical and getting my PS package submitted. I was pretty committed to getting back in. Eventually, I made it through the semester, took a vacation to Mexico and later California, and got my head screwed on straight.

Realizing that my problems weren't really that bad, I called up the recruiter and told him that I really didn't want to go through with it. Luckily he was cordial about it, and said that if I ever wanted back in that the Navy would be there. I thanked him for his time and effort. As it stands now, I am still a free man on the land, peepin butts and shaving bc I can't grow a beard.

welp that's my story :shobon:

don't feel bad, godholio is getting nostalgia4AFBlue & is seriously considering recommissioning in the ANG for REASONS.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Edit: I'm actually down about 40 lbs off my peak and still making progress. I have not shaved or trimmed my beard or gotten a haircut since October. I comb my beard daily.

requesting you self namechange to Nostalgia4AFBlue
seriously though, good luck with the ANG & if it gets you out of Utah, gently caress yes.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Goddamnit this loving VA.

At least put the loving news on tv. not a loving soul in this waiting room gives a poo poo about some spear-chucker baby dna court poo poo.

hey maury is good comedy tv.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

this wasn't maury.

Seems like every time I go to the VA they have man-bashing cuntflaps running their goddamn mouths on tv about how bad "they man is" and whatnot.

I would honestly prefer Fox News lying to me for the few hours I have to spend in that shithole once in a while.

motherfucking Paternity Court, that's what that lovely show was.

that sounds horrible man.
Also, join the hangout chat that we got running.
Shim can vouch for it being a safe place to vent without getting gangpiled by douchebags.
Worse case, if some dudes start loving with you in the hangout chat, we make a new hangout chat & exclude those fucks from it.

if you do decide to join, use a burner email account. 80% of the people who joined the hangout failed that basic intelligence test.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Okcupid got me the current girlfriend. 8 years younger than me, 6 younger than the ex-wife. Trading in for a newer model was a good decision.

as long as you don't grant power of attorney to the current girlfriend while on the AT, it's all good spongebob.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

no back pain, no lactose intolerance, no meds required to keep me alive, no interactions with the VA at all.
i think the last one is whats keeping me from the 1st three things.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Pretty cool watching folks evolve into hipsters.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just got a late EAS present, new motorcycle. Who wants to be on my will for my Star Wars legos collection? Kidneys should be good too

you've got lactose intolerant kidneys so pass on those.

Will the star wars lego collections to that mars colonization mission. it may be one way & most of the people will die from stellar radiation damage, but fuckit they'll have LEGOS on their trip.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

combo breaker, sorry shim.

Dont trust the VA unless you no other options.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

HClChicken posted:

I honestly don't know if I'd rather go somewhere on spring break or just do what I am and getting sleep, drinking beer and playing vidya games. I should start studying for my quantum test next week. :(

feynman diagram out your dilemma & turn it in to your professor for extra test credit.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

goodwill and amvets are getting whatever's left on monday. there's a book donation drop box nearby, but it looks rarely emptied judging by the piles of boxes of books sitting next to them.

book stuff: is there a mckays books by memphis yet or is memphis too ghetto for them?
i was really impressed by mckays when i drove through tennessee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

With two grand I could buy a gently used Browning Citori O/U. I've shot trap with one, it's an absolute dream.

check out benelli shotguns. they get insanely expensive, but my god are they smooth.
i'm pretty decent with a remington 870 trap wingmaster that a retired benelli gunsmith modded out for me with adjustable cheek & buttstock.

• Locked thread