Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Buzz feed but it's pretty funny

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7StVvbFOU

non military people don't get phrases we have all used (although "jody boy" gets a definite wtf who adds boy on the end)

Their definition of balls watch (or balls-thirty) was off to me. I thought it was because all 0s look like balls but they explain it like you are nodding off looking at your balls. Maybe I'm super dumb (likely)

Aha, I knew those loving hipsters looked familiar. This is where I saw them before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtWosxIqJE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

On my first contract, one of the Ugandans on the opposing shift team literally had a heart attack and died at age 40 from Rip It overdose. They found him in his room, on his cot, dead, bowels voided, surrounded by Rip It cans.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

I highly suggest watching REI for their garage sales or craigslist for a decent modern pack. I know everyone loves those alice packs but it's some serious stockholm syndrome poo poo. you don't need to spend $500 on an ultralight black diamond pack, but theres a lot to be said for modern internal frame packs with molded hip bolsters.

hook yourself up and get lots of moleskin and blister cushions. put the moleskin on places you even THINK you'll get blisters and use the blister cushions if you start to feel hotspots.

I do about ~500 miles every summer and those blister pads and moleskin are fuckin lifesavers

I've been using a surplus Marine ILBE pack and it's been great for my purposes. Got it used for like $75. I chopped off a bunch of the excess MOLLE and buckles and poo poo and shaved a whole pound.

I was never a Marine, but gently caress if the ILBE isn't a much better pack than anything the Army ever issued me.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I believe it. I have a Kifaru woobie and it's legit as gently caress. The doobie is the same thing but with double the insulation.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The sun literally never goes down. The temperature remains fairly nice. At least down at Ft. Rich, I was never at Ft. Wainwright in the summer.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Here is a craigslist post I had to make recently, very GIP: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/4943646103.html

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I drove down to New Mexico to see Carlsbad Caverns for spring break. Totally worth it. Took tons of pictures in true Asian tourist style. White Sands was kinda boring though, at least for me. Once you've seen one sand dune, you've seen them all.

Funny thing though, as I was hiking out to my campsite at White Sands, there was some doofus on top of a sand dune, doing yoga poses, taking selfies via a selfie stick. He was so self-absorbed that he didn't notice I was there till I walked behind him and photobombed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

3 point sling, gross. :vomarine:

• Locked thread