Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris posted:

I'm making GBS threads as I write this

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

$1200 for a VW is pretty goddamn reasonable.

My Scion xB clutch was about that much, and its not like it's anything more than a mouse in an exercise wheel for that engine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

My wife's grand cherokee laredo was basically the biggest pile of poo poo i ever had to deal with

including military vehicles

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Did you keep up with maintenance properly or just pencil whip the 1800?!

yep. oil changes, scheduled maintenance, I was all over that poo poo.

tranny failed, 2 window motors failed, a/c compressor blew up, the 4-wheel drive transfer case linkage failed, i could keep going.

my wife bought it from the official dealership that her cousin worked at, and paid for the warranty and everything (before we dated). I would bring it in for something or other, and strangely enough nothing was covered. One day I said gently caress it,, had my wife call in and tell them to give me all the paperwork for the work done on the car. They said ok to her on the phone, then refused to give it to me when I got there. Called my lawyer on the way out. 45 minutes later the dealer manager called me up yelling at me for making it a legal matter, I told him to eat my poo poo and give me the paperwork.

turns out my wife was paying for a warranty that was never valid. They never told her this, and just told her instead that the warranty didn't cover it.

they gave back the money paid for the warranty. my wife didn't want to make a big deal out of it since her cousin worked there, but they don't talk anymore now.

Now she drives a Ford Fiesta that runs awesomely (except for the bullshit Ford Sync crap that drives me up a goddamn wall). I traded in the xB last year for a used Grand Marquis. It's nice, but there's a lot of times I miss the Scion.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

i think that poo poo is all subsidized right now

depends on the state, but a ton of them are.

also there are plans to bring hydrogen stations to New England, which would be cool to see. I've been thinking of that since James May showed off the Honda Clarity on Top Gear.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i really want to see what ford does with the new ranger

honestly the f-150 and poo poo are way too loving big for what id want to use it for, and when i was shopping around last year for used ones they were all insanely overpriced for the condition

also im kinda mad that barely anyone makes a manual truck anymore (all i can think of is the chevy colorado, but lol at buying gm anything)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

new lincoln continental

suicide doors and everything

woof

edit: fake as hell. sorry

http://thenewswheel.com/psa-this-is-not-the-2016-lincoln-continental-you-turkey/

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 6, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Why would you own one of those? :barf:

i was driving 100+ miles a day between work and school and it was basically the only small car that i could fit my 6'5" self into comfortably. I had a short shift 5-speed stickshift in it, i could park it everyfuckingwhere, and I could fold the backseats down flat to move poo poo.

i liked it a bunch and honestly miss it, but the only ones you can find these days are the lovely remodeled ones, and gently caress those.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im glad im not a greasy ital

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LeoMarr posted:

yeah anyway

wait wait wait

is that the girl who said god made her handicapped because she wouldn't be able to resist becoming a stripper

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The VA has informed me that it'll be 90 days or less till I get my rating. Is that something they adhere to and also do I get back pay from my DOS?

you get backpay, yes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

post here with pictures

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090739

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

My final for a class about non-profit organizations is to build a paper npo and to present it. I'm creating a fictional veteran support organization called Pets For Vets where therapy dogs are given to veterans in need. I know it already exists and I don't give a poo poo. It'll be a 7 minute powerpoint full of dog photos. Roscoe and Monty included.

realtalk if you need a specific shot of roscoe that i could do inside a house lemme know and i will do what i can (dogpark is shut down due to 9 feet of snow there so itd be tough to get action shots)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Pre. I used to be able to meditate my way to the calm feeling of post-hypnosis, but I'm just not feeling it lately.

i know the feeling. im finally taking a 10 day vacation just to do stuff around the house and maybe play bloodborne a bunch

its my first real pto since like october so im excited to do nothing for a bit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The first season of Breaking Bad took a while to get going, so I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt for this season.

Either way, Bob Odenkirk owns and deserves good things and I think its rad as hell that he is doing something that is a big deal

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

got a shitload of stuff done today and im feeling pretty ok

i finally replaced the strings on my guitar and it sounds pretty good. all im doing these days is playing drop-d 90s stuff and i am having a good time doing so

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

USMC503 posted:

Check this out if any of you guys want to get some sweet, sweet Banana Republic discounts: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706572

sent you a pm

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my back isnt too horrible, thankfully enough. Though i did fall tailbone first onto my basement stairs back in december and it's only now starting to feel normal again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this thread is more depressing than e/n.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

lol @ people proud of their ethnic or national origins

im pretty proud to not be italian

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Oregon is a poo poo state right?

theres a position opening in the nw corner of the state for the company i work at and i dont want to move at all but itd make me much more resolute if someone told me it was full of antivaxxers and poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

do you like trees and rain?

yeah i do actually

but yeah the first thing that came up when i googled the town name and vaccination was a shitload of news stories about antivaxxers throwing bitchfits about something or other

so yeah gently caress that noise

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nearish to Portland. Wife and I want to move pretty soon, but I don't want to go cross-country for this job.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I honestly don't want to move out of CT, its just when an offer pops up i sit here and think about it is all

if i was going to it'd probably be to MA somewhere but screw that

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Please don't become a Masshole.

i really don't want to

theres like one section of MA i'd live in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

shaved my beard off about a week ago

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Realtalk here Rally and Rallycross are the most interesting motorsports to watch

truth

last time i watched it though it seemed like there was nothing but Fords and Subarus though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

senna is a loving rad movie

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the best lego sets had magnets back in the day

or a shark

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DAV sent me an unofficial notice of the VA's disability rating for me. 20% tinnitus and lumbosacral strain. That was loving quick.

hey there 20% bro

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

today i am cooking a few pounds of ribs for my mommas birthday

sam adams cold snap was on sale too bonus

cold snap is legit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Jarmak posted:

How long did it take after your assessment appointment? I just had mine last week.

I did mine in 2009- Went in for the assessment in October, Got my rating in January 2010. Claimed both knees, backpain, tinnitus, and hearing loss. Got one knee and tinnitus, which I was happy with since I basically had no paperwork on my poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i did about 60/40 online to in-person classes. i would set Saturday afternoons to do all my work for the week, since i worked nights full-time and used that time for studying and poo poo.

theres benefits to both, but it was nice not driving 70 minutes each day to get to school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

people and things that died in march
-a shitload of people on a german airplane
-my dad
-the ability to shitpost in multiple threads in gip

thanks n4obama

• Locked thread