Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Is Tide still drunk? Discuss among yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm still chuckling about the euphemism "Crimson Tide".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Quoted for posterity

Tide posted:

A friend of mine s, who ice known soccer college days "I would duck you until your disk bleed". She has the best tit on the free world. I tagged her rear end alecost 15 years ago. But the wife current doesn't know so know so do not tell her Ai. Ba true Penn stater: awesome unicorn but butter helmet

Holy crap this android swipe right thing has me all ducked u up.

A virus of Merlot and sausage mushrooms

I have no idea.

I love you.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Im about to get drunk and watch the race in Atlanta today. LETS GO RACIN' BOYS!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Posted this in the last thread right before it got closed:

Any of you guys play Forza5? I have been working my way through the various class races and now I have hit the fun poo poo, S-class. Built an R32 TOUGE MONSTER and its awesome. I don't play it online much because I don't enjoy having my race/sexual orientation/etc questioned by teenagers, but I would certainly play it with some of you fine gents.

It's also helping me a little with the cabin fever of another rotten michigan winter, because basically all I want to do is be outside in the warm sun fiddling with my cars and I can't.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tide was loving hilarious. I think thats the first time Ive every actually laughed out loud at drunk posting.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah that was some incredibly high quality drunk posting.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Whenever I get that drunk I just fall asleep :(

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Took my new-old Outback up into the snow for the first time yesterday and I couldn't be happier.
The last part of my drive to the mountain (in a moderate storm) is usually 15 miles of back highway under chain controls, then 10 miles of uncontrolled freeway, and then another 15 miles or so over the summit. Sometimes, like yesterday, the first stretch is completely clear and well-sanded road with a few patches of ice over sharp hill crests. In the Civic I would chain up and do the whole way at 35, praying that the sand wasn't abrading my chains into nothingness before merging onto US-80 where traffic was either doing 70 or stopped.
Getting waived through felt amazing, even better than flopping into heated seats after a morning of powder hunting. The super-generic all seasons on the car (Doral SDAs) weren't amazing, so I'm going to keep an eye out for a second set of wheels and snows, or maybe an A/T tire if that would hold up better on the 80+ mile drive to the snowline.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

IOwnCalculus posted:

Is Tide still drunk? Discuss among yourselves.

I for one want to hear how the Tomatoes ended up turning out.

And I do have to say that I'm glad to see you weren't profane with him IOC :haw:

HAPPY MARCH AI! Spring is incoming for the northern hemisphere! (And for you AUS & NZ goons, fall/winter which I imagine is a relief!)

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I am selling auto parts while Truly Madly Deeply plays on the store radio.

:smithicide:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh oh ohhhhh california girls

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

QuarkMartial posted:

I am selling auto parts while Truly Madly Deeply plays on the store radio.

:smithicide:

Now that '90s-as-a-genre has been added to the Classic Rock/Hits of Yesterday/Safe for Work cannon we're going to get to listen to all that crap we were lucky enough to forget about all over again. Our youth is gone and idealism crushed beneath responsibility, forever cursed to listen to the poo poo we put on a mix-tape for a girl in 9th grade.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Selling a vehicle on Craigslist is a pain in the rear end. No I don't want your loving jonboat.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

User Error posted:

Selling a vehicle on Craigslist is a pain in the rear end. No I don't want your loving jonboat.

How about a 20-years sentence worth of drugs? Or just give to me because story.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I pulled the trigger on all the parts to build my first computer in like 12 years. Hooray spintires later this week.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My father in law may be getting a job somewhere warm and wants to move the entire family with them, which I am 100% okay with. Does anyone know if Tampa/Orlando, SC, or Texas have a lot of CS jobs? Based on what my professors tell me, a CS degree will get you a job pretty much anywhere and if that anywhere is warmer than Michigan (and also has a Chik Fil A) I don't care if I'm doing server backend stuff or building fancy apps.

I would miss seeing the Red Wings and being in Detroit though :smith:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

My father in law may be getting a job somewhere warm and wants to move the entire family with them, which I am 100% okay with. Does anyone know if Tampa/Orlando, SC, or Texas have a lot of CS jobs? Based on what my professors tell me, a CS degree will get you a job pretty much anywhere and if that anywhere is warmer than Michigan (and also has a Chik Fil A) I don't care if I'm doing server backend stuff or building fancy apps.

I am pretty sure Dallas has a booming tech industry right now.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Other advantage of the south: Backyard Burger

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Fart Pipe posted:

Im about to get drunk and watch the race in Atlanta today. LETS GO RACIN' BOYS!

The rain delay was a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

While "Texas" is kind of generic, I know dallas and Austin have a ton of CS jobs, Tampa has quite a few, orlando is a shithole that nobody should ever go to and I know nothing about south carolina.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Yeah avoiding Orlando seems like a good idea. Tampa area is pretty ok :]

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Looks like I'm buying a house! After 8 years in a 400 sq/ft 1bdr apartment with the fiancé, this is gonna feel like a mansion. I'd have preferred a bigger garage, but its oversized for a one car, I'll have room to park the bike and still work on a car in there. Almost 1500 sq/ft, full finished basement, all the expensive stuff is about a year old. Inspection was yesterday and went really well, we close on April 17.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
That's a rad little house, congrats!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
That looks great. Congrats!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

User Error posted:

It's a trade off. Craiglist you have mostly idiots, a make/model specific forum you have internet experts. Can you tell I'm not looking forward to listing the 928 and dealing with people?

Holdbrooks posted:

I pulled the trigger on all the parts to build my first computer in like 12 years. Hooray spintires later this week.
Hell yes spintires, I should really build a decent computer at some point. What did you end up going with?

opengl128 posted:

Looks like I'm buying a house! After 8 years in a 400 sq/ft 1bdr apartment with the fiancé, this is gonna feel like a mansion. I'd have preferred a bigger garage, but its oversized for a one car, I'll have room to park the bike and still work on a car in there. Almost 1500 sq/ft, full finished basement, all the expensive stuff is about a year old. Inspection was yesterday and went really well, we close on April 17.

Very nice, that will be one hell of an upgrade.

It's stupid how much attention (mostly bad) the 928 draws. Drove 30 miles round trip to go pick something up. In that time three people wanted to race and I saw five people taking pictures. A cop also followed me for most of my trip home.

It's going to rain all week, I'm going to DD the 928 for a week or two. Should be fun.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

While "Texas" is kind of generic, I know dallas and Austin have a ton of CS jobs, Tampa has quite a few, orlando is a shithole that nobody should ever go to and I know nothing about south carolina.

Nice!! I've heard good things about Austin, and Dallas has a hockey team so that would be nice for when the Wings are in town. His company can move him to LA or Pheonix as well, but housing in LA is way too expensive (and their go fast car laws make me sad).

Apparently the last two winters here in Michigan have changed my wife's mind about leaving the state, and if her family can be close that's a huge plus since she's an identical twin and is extremely close to her family.

opengl128 posted:

This is such a cute little house :3:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I do appreciate IOC not probating my drunk posting. I was far too reliant on autocorrect but holy poo poo that a stream of (un)consciousness. Seemed like a good idea at the time

Yipes.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Tide posted:

I do appreciate IOC not probating my drunk posting. I was far too reliant on autocorrect but holy poo poo that a stream of (un)consciousness. Seemed like a good idea at the time

Yipes.

It was a good idea. We enjoyed the poo poo out of it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Nice!! I've heard good things about Austin, and Dallas has a hockey team so that would be nice for when the Wings are in town. His company can move him to LA or Pheonix as well, but housing in LA is way too expensive (and their go fast car laws make me sad).

Dallas and Austin are still going to be a considerable drive from either pheonix or LA. I also feel it worth mentioning that Tampa has a hockey team, baseball team and football team! None are that good though. But it does have awesome beaches, better year round weather than the DFW metroplex area, Gasparilla festival (Think pirate themed parade that lasts most of a month before ending in a mardi gras style party) and literally less than a single gently caress given about any sort of safety, emissions or go fast laws. So long as your lights work, your vision isn't obscured by a broken windshield and you don't have parts literally falling off your car as you drive it, you're pretty much good to go. :toot:

I've lived in the DFW metroplex and currently live just north of tampa and I'd say both areas are pretty equal as far as being enjoyable places to live.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Traffic in Austin now rivals SoCal, in my opinion. The infrastructure has not kept up with the population surge.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

being in Detroit though :smith:

Ummmm.... the only thing that sticks in my mind about Detroit is that it's a falling apart shithole. Why on earth would anyone want to stay?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cat Terrist posted:

Ummmm.... the only thing that sticks in my mind about Detroit is that it's a falling apart shithole. Why on earth would anyone want to stay?

Same reason why nobody leaves the north east. Or the south. or the west. or loving Alaska.

1. Stockholmsyndrome.
2. Roots. some people don't like to uproot them.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Got a panicked call from work earlier, vacuum leak in a machine, no o-rings (3x1mm). The only place I can get them is a suppliers warehouse in Dudley. Getting them delivered to work will be £100 and they'll get there midday tomorrow.

So I just drove to Dudley and got passed a baggie through the car window outside an industrial estate, planning to go in early and fit them before production starts tomorrow.

Unsurprisingly got stopped by the police
Did they do the "Ah poo poo, he's white" face when you got out the car? It was the E46, wasn't it?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Do I want to spend a week in Pittsburgh? Where the gently caress IS Pittsburgh?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Terrist posted:

My family is rooted here now, I love downtown and the area, and it's not a total shithole now. Its come a long way in the last ten years which is awesome to watch and be a part of.

Also all of my friends since forever live here and it's not easy for me to make new friends or plug into new places even though I'm relatively outgoing, mostly because I love familiarity.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Cat Terrist posted:

Do I want to spend a week in Pittsburgh? Where the gently caress IS Pittsburgh?

I grew up there. It's gotten pretty cool since i left over the past 11 years.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just put two racks of ribs and a dozen chicken legs on the smoker.

Gonna show these SoCal guys what barbeque really tastes like. Didn't want to do it today, but her friends were gonna cook ribs in the goddamn crock pot and bring them over.

That's a mortal sin, in my opinion. Like beans in chili, ya just don't do it.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tide Drunkposter of the Year 2015?
My spelling and grammar doesn't change much until I start pushing up against the 'I should be in the hospital' limit. I just get disjointed and rambly (more than usual).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My best buddy is moving to Dallas on Tuesday. He decided to tell us this last night so I'm pretty bummed

• Locked thread