Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Some dirtbag stabbed one of my squadmates in the head and back lastnight http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31681680 and another in the shoulder that doesn't seem to have made the news. At least I got to meet the good fellow and help him to his new home, in a cell, where he should be for a very long time.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
beanie you have a USP right? is it in .40? I have an opportunity to buy one and the price is too good to pass up.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
45 :clint:

What trigger is it? LEM is awesome and easy to convert even if it's not.

Here's a how-to I did if you have archives: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3395201&pagenumber=1&perpage=30#post388974791

beanieson fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 1, 2015

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

ONMY HONOR I WILL NEVERBE TRAY

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Some dirtbag stabbed one of my squadmates in the head and back lastnight http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31681680 and another in the shoulder that doesn't seem to have made the news. At least I got to meet the good fellow and help him to his new home, in a cell, where he should be for a very long time.

How many times did he fall down the stairs on the way to lockup?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

beanieson posted:

45 :clint:

What trigger is it? LEM is awesome and easy to convert even if it's not.

Here's a how-to I did if you have archives: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3395201&pagenumber=1&perpage=30#post388974791

standard trigger. its a full sized USP V1. I ended up jumping on it, felt good in my hand and fired nice. Might even consider switching it for my duty weapon.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I love the 45 but if I could do it over again I'd get a 9. The 45 is slightly bigger than the other models which requires specific holsters. Very few options for the full size 45 :(

How many mags & what price?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
500 with 2 mags and very few rounds through it, bought new a year ago. From a guy I work with whos good with his guns so it came from a good home. He caught the 9mm bug and has been selling off all his .40 guns and slowly replacing them with 9mm stuff.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Branis posted:

500 with 2 mags and very few rounds through it, bought new a year ago. From a guy I work with whos good with his guns so it came from a good home. He caught the 9mm bug and has been selling off all his .40 guns and slowly replacing them with 9mm stuff.

Smart man. They're good guns and that's a decent price I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Caught two burglars in the act last night, they tried to get away in a truck and I blocked the path with my car, then held them at gunpoint until my backup arrived. My sgt shows up and immediately starts filling out a crash report, doesn't even ask if I'm ok. That's about what I expected.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

How many times did he fall down the stairs on the way to lockup?

He was legitimately dropped once as he was being carried to custody but that's only because he resisted to the bitter end. Other than his clothes being tatters he was pretty much untouched. Can't say the same for the officer who will now have a massive scar across his fringe.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I got a scar on my forehead from where my brother power bombed me into the sharp edge of a fireplace when we were playing WCW wrestling as kids, so I know how he feels.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

How many times did he fall up the stairs on the way to lockup?

Fixed that for you.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

I got a scar on my forehead from where my brother power bombed me into the sharp edge of a fireplace when we were playing WCW wrestling as kids, so I know how he feels.

I youtubed that and realized that it is in fact my default takedown technique. I'm also fond of the fisherman suplex which I mainly use on older suspects.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ry.html?hpid=z1

why you gotta be weird virginia

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I know some guys who have this, about half of them are former officers. Most of them work as private security guards. Apparently it makes it so that they can charge more $$ per hour as security guards, since they can technically respond to a call as the police instead of phoning 911.

Anyway, the controversy here is that to become a "Conservator of the Peace", you only need like $300 for the class which is 60 hours long. That being compared to attending a police academy, which is like 600 hours or something, I don't remember.

So its kind of silly to give someone full powers of arrest etc while only giving them 1/10 of the legal coursework that regular officers go through.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Get ready for the ride LA...

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/03/02/vo-video-lapd-officers-shoot-man.cnn

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Here's a longer clip without all the blurring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKYHZ4U4g0g

He looks like he's swinging punches at the officers but other than that you can't really see anything that would cause them to shoot. I always thought it was weird that nobody ever administers first aid after shooting somebody and securing them. The firearms dudes over here carry emergency first aid kits to treat gunshot wounds and do so as long as it's safe. You can see it on the footage of the guys who were shot after they killed the soldier. One of the officers covers the terrorist with his weapon whilst the other searches him. Once he's deemed clear, the covering officer rushes to the vehicle to get the first aid kit.

Whereas in the above video they just stand around pointing their guns at him when he's clearly not moving. IDGI

Meanwhile in Britain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDYQnWsQyc

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That loving scrub looks like he's been sleeping in the backseat of a car for a month. A dusty backseat. Good god, man, take some pride in your pretend uniform. And lol at being the 'sole officer of his force' but only making it to sergeant . Imma become a SCOP in VA then buy a personalized "Manassas Junction Captain" badge on ebay and go hassle him while he's working. Nothing he can do about it, I'm his boss now.

PS- I'm no expert, but slapping a holster on the front of a dusty, floppy hand-me-down vest then leaning casually into windows during stops so your firearm is pretty much inside the car seems like a bad idea, no?

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 2, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Pilot to Gunner posted:

PS- I'm no expert, but slapping a holster on the front of a dusty, floppy hand-me-down vest then leaning casually into windows during stops so your firearm is pretty much inside the car seems like a bad idea, no?

um, anything attached to a vest becomes tactical and therefore good :rolleyes:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Sorry, I'm going to go all D&D but why the gently caress did he get shot? There are about 6 officers there who were giving him a good shoeing, seems a bit ott to put multiple rounds in to him, even if he was homeless and the bullets literally had more intrinsic value than he did.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Re: LA video

at approx :20-22 seconds in some one is shouting drop the gun

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

beanieson posted:

um, anything attached to a vest becomes tactical and therefore good :rolleyes:

Where can I get me one of them tactical infants I keep seeing attached to vests around town? Not sure what people are using them for but a tactical baby might come in handy.

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 2, 2015

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Sorry, I'm going to go all D&D but why the gently caress did he get shot? There are about 6 officers there who were giving him a good shoeing, seems a bit ott to put multiple rounds in to him, even if he was homeless and the bullets literally had more intrinsic value than he did.

I heard drop the gun twice around the 20-22 second mark... guess there was a gun and he didn't drop it?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

LAPD is saying the guy was trying to take a weapon from one of the officers

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Okay, fair enough, if he had the gun then I guess filling him in was the thing to do. Not to start the retarded carry or don't carry debate again, but if the officers didn't have sidearms they could have gone hands on and beaten him like a ginger stepchild without any danger of him trying to snatch a firearm.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Okay, fair enough, if he had the gun then I guess filling him in was the thing to do. Not to start the retarded carry or don't carry debate again, but if the officers didn't have sidearms they could have gone hands on and beaten him like a ginger stepchild without any danger of him trying to snatch a firearm.

Hahahah holy poo poo - not carry a sidearm in Los Angeles? Yeah, this isn't a debate because you have no loving frame of reference.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

TCD posted:

Hahahah holy poo poo - not carry a sidearm in Los Angeles? Yeah, this isn't a debate because you have no loving frame of reference.

It's not our fault you yanks are all sissies who have to settle things with firearms instead of the good old British steel

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

TCD posted:

That's not what I'm saying m8, we've all seen end of watch so I know exactly how often the LAPD have to slay browns. You could hand your sidearm to a colleague before you go hands-on instead of rolling about on the floor with some mutant vagrant.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

You could hand your sidearm to a colleague before you go hands-on instead of rolling about on the floor with some mutant vagrant.

So it would be like those fights in high school when your best friend turns to you just before poo poo goes down and says "Ooooh gurrrl hold my earrings, HOLD MY EARRINGS, I'mma gently caress this bitch up" then a minute later she's yelling "Little help here, jump in jump in!!!" and you're all "But I'm holding the earrings!"

Y'all know what I'm talking about.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

America is a different bird mate. If I didn't have a gun visible on me when I went to a call I would eventually get shot. We take guns off of bad people very regularly.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I do understand that, and I'm not naive enough to think you could do your job without one, but if you've got half a squad there and you know you're going to have a scrap I don't get why the ones going hands on wouldn't just remove their guns. We have firearms officers that will lock their guns in the vehicle armory if they know they are going to be rolling around on the floor

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I have been involved in a couple of serious incidents and the best I can explain it is things happen and the direction of the incident changes in a fraction of a second. I mean literally a fraction of a second. There is no time to take a time out and go to the car to get a gun to address a lethal threat.

It's a very complicated situation in the states. The media is creating a spin on use of force stories for the drama and ratings, conveniently leaving out the officers narrative almost every time. This is creating a culture of anti-police rhetoric that many people are buying into. Racists feed these flames to further their own agenda. The consequence are that the police are being critically criticized for ever using ANY level of force. This leads to a hesitation to USE any force, which further emboldens criminals who would otherwise not act. They feel that they have the right to do whatever they want, and that we cannot touch them. So you can imagine, when you go to the ground with one of these people, they feel compelled to fight to defend their perceived rights. They are often even being encouraged to do so by bystanders as you can see on many videos.

TLDR: The way we do business has not changed, but people feel they have the right to use force back against police.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Pilot to Gunner posted:

So it would be like those fights in high school when your best friend turns to you just before poo poo goes down and says "Ooooh gurrrl hold my earrings, HOLD MY EARRINGS, I'mma gently caress this bitch up" then a minute later she's yelling "Little help here, jump in jump in!!!" and you're all "But I'm holding the earrings!"

Y'all know what I'm talking about.

You and I had very different high school experiences but I'd love to hear more.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Hezzy posted:

It's not our fault you yanks are all sissies who have to settle things with firearms instead of the good old British steel

I do understand that, and I'm not naive enough to think you could do your job without one, but if you've got half a squad there and you know you're going to have a scrap I don't get why the ones going hands on wouldn't just remove their guns. We have firearms officers that will lock their guns in the vehicle armory if they know they are going to be rolling around on the floor

Maybe if your dude had a gun he wouldn't have been knifed?

You could hand your sidearm to a colleague before you go hands-on instead of rolling about on the floor with some mutant vagrant.

hahahaha seriously dude stop it I'm dying over here

The Shep fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 2, 2015

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I think what originally started as a joke has gotten wildly out of hand

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

I think what originally started as a joke has gotten wildly out of hand

FINE

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Maybe if your dude had a gun he wouldn't have been knifed?

Definitely, although if we shot a black man in that area who may have had prior mental issues, regardless of what a scumbag he was, I suspect a lot of Police officers would have gotten hurt. The London riots got caused because some drug dealing scumbag who had been implicated in murders and had 3 guns in his car at the time got shot and the scum *still* rioted.

We had justification to shoot him (and if the knifed officers had left the flat he may well have been by the firearms unit that then turned up) but in the long term, as hosed as it is, he probably took one for the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just shoot the scum why are you making this more difficult than it is?

• Locked thread