Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Norns posted:

Do any of you guys use a ultrawide monitor in place of a tripple screen setup? Looking at some of the 34 inch ones...

Dell 34" here and I love it. It's on an arm too so I can pull it up closer to the wheel when I race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Can someone please point me to some recommended FF settings for Project Cars with a Fanatec CSR Elite? These options and the explanations they give.. :psyduck:

Check this out:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35147-Baseline-FFB-values-Linear-FFB-Google-sheet-Universal&p=1110835&viewfull=1#post1110835

I've got a Fanatec GT2 wheel and I start with the "classic" preset then adjust based on the stuff in that thread/app and it gives a pretty good result.

Edit: I'm also using Jack Spade's FFB tweaks which I would recommend.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

OhsH posted:

Porsche wheel v2

Yeah, I'd bet on that or something new at the same price point.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

"FOV is objective" is hilarious. I play with 90 and it's cool and I like it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I do but that's because I'm not very good at racing, not because my FOV is too high.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 25, 2015

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I voted for the Miata because all racing games should have Miatas.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

A bit disappointing that its ears don't fold down when you activate DRS.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GhostDog posted:

I also did the FOV section, can someone please tell me that what I've written makes sense? :)

You should just replace all those words with "set your FOV to whatever you think looks good and have fun".

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GhostDog posted:

And a reminder that Patrick Giranthon is a SCE modding treasure and pretty much every track he converted to SCE in the last year or so is quality. Here's Road Atlanta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUStGeX0U4

Thanks for this by the way, I downloaded a bunch and have been driving the Super V8 all over them tonight. Good stuff.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'm glad you found the FOV that works best for you. :)

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I voted for the new game too. Reiza seems like a pretty cool dev and I'm down for whatever they wanna do.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

rFactor 2 is on Steam now. If you already have a non-Steam copy, you can get a key here.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Speakers are definitely the way to go if you can get away with it. It even increases immersion for other people I race with because they get to hear my engine in the background whenever I talk! :v:

A good pair of traditional headphones will absolutely sound better than a gaming headset and anything that has more than one driver per ear is probably bullshit.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Ziploc posted:

I find it hard to get excited for other sims when theres no one playing them online.

Is anyone actually playing Rieza/Corsa/*Factor/LFS online?

I usually find people online in PCars and AC, only sometimes with SCE and rF2.

GhostDog posted:

I'd be happy to join some non-iRacing goon racing, preferably SCE. Do we have enough people interested to make it worthwile?

I'm always down for this. I have all the games sims.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Bit early for me but I can probably make it. I can host too if needed.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Here is the companion movie to Going Faster. It's incredibly cheesy but very informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQRmYMlmdqM

Sweet, thanks for this.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Ian Bell is a dick occasionally but I would be too if I had to deal with hyper-entitled gamers all the time.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Also since the last patch, there are issues with tire heating. They said they're fixing it soon but for now if everything slides like it's on ice because the tires are always cold, you'll want to drop the pressures a bunch or run rain tires.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

There are also plenty of people who play online with gamepads in pCARS.

Edit: Personally, Dirt Rally is the only sim I can enjoy with a pad, but I'm terrible with pads in general.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 19, 2016

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Racing games are cool on a game pad or with a very expensive fake wheel.

njsykora posted:

I like to vroom vroom and make the cars go fast.

:agreed:

In other news, Stock Car Extreme modding superstar Patrick Giranthon released an updated version of Barcelona yesterday and it's great like all his stuff.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, I haven't had any network issues in the races so far. I hopped on the server and was getting around 150 (from the middle of the US) and it seemed fine.

Bridgehampton is such a cool track.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'll be getting on the server in ~20 mins when Daytona is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

This sounds excellent.

• Locked thread