Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Anyone have any thoughts on Next Car Game: Wreckfest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Are there any decent drag racing sims?

I miss Motor City Online so very, very much. :(

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I finally got around to giving pCARS a proper go last night and WHOA the 125cc shifter Kart is super fun. It's extremely forgiving, and just a bit tail happy. If you're going into a corner too hard and start understeering, just downshift!

I also ran the Caterham Classic Seven around Chadswith(?) or something which was a huge departure from the Kart, but so much fun. I'm looking forward to getting more into this in my iRacing off time.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
What's the easiest/most fun car to hoon around a track with the tail out that won't just constantly spin out?

I want to be Clarkson reviewing supercars drifting around all silly like. Can this be done in pCars? Something like "teach me how to drift" mode.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GhostDog posted:

300 SEL in Project Cars.

This was excellent advice, thank you.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLAT2DLOhVg

Looks like a whole lot of extra unnecessary stuff (LOTS of shift lights), but drat.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Just finished the Caterham series in pCars and man those are fun. The game has so much wrong with it, but when you can finally get to the actual driving bit it's really exciting. The main menu and general UI are infuriating.

The car is a bit of a handful. It is quite finnicky indeed. Any more than ~5 degrees of slip and it's just gone, but if you can get it just a little bit tail happy and keep it under the threshold it's a real hoot to drive. Slow and easy and just a tiny bit drifty. Plus the game is *gorgeous* and the last race was at a really fun track (Snetterton?) at sunset.

Next up was a Ford Focus race in the rain a dark and fog at Sonoma and it felt like a Mad Max Murderthon.

edit: meant to post in the pCars thread :/

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GhostDog posted:

Reminder: Assetto Corsa today, 20:00 GMT:
- Zandvoort, DTM, Dream Pack 1 required

This is 3:pm eastern, yea?

What's a decent lap time for this car/track?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Anyone tried a Wheel Stand Pro? http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-logitech-g25g27-racing-wheel---deluxe

It looks like it might be real nice to have my wheel setup always ready to go instead of having to clamp it to my desk every time I want to run a few laps. Just wondering if anyone has used one and how well it works.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Are we still crashing racing today?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Great, I was just on the server and now it's not showing up in the browser.

Anyone else having trouble?

nevermind I am a dumb.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
That was super fun, thanks everyone.

Sorry I am so bad at cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GhostDog posted:

My favorite but clenching moment from yesterday's race:

Edit:

In HD :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hx9OM1v_bU#t=720

I'm the twat on the right.

I had a killer view for that and I was real nervous I was going to be the cause of a nasty wreck there, but you guys made it through. Good job.

• Locked thread