Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's his own fault. He went all over the country just to lure as many people as possible to join him while dying in that hellhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Depends on where and when he was dropped off. Tucson has a bunch of burbs that you could presumably walk to. And the desert in the winter/wet season isn't too too bad. Still rough as hell but if it was really two days of supplies (it wasn't) then walking to another town may only take 2 or 3 days or so.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He was planning on walking to Nogales. Depending on where he left from, that's a 24 hour walk.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Also, I did not see a map or compass, so yeah, left to die. If Tandy was left on a road, yeah, but in the desert with no bearing, how will he know how to get to the burb? I doubt Tandy can find North and get his bearings without a compass.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PassTheRemote posted:

Also, I did not see a map or compass, so yeah, left to die. If Tandy was left on a road, yeah, but in the desert with no bearing, how will he know how to get to the burb? I doubt Tandy can find North and get his bearings without a compass.

All he'd have to do is find a road sign marking which one he's on. Most of them mention which direction the road's going.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

So, I opened up a box of Raisin Bran today. Guess what I found inside? Yup, a giant, perfectly packed, fist sized, Raisin Ball. I wonder if Carol worked at the Raisin Bran factory before the hot sauce company?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why didn't you take a picture for us?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Welp this show was super lovely. First two episodes were great, and downhill since then. I didn't even like the last two episodes.

It really did just turn into a jealous couples sitcom.

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

Season 2 starts September 7th. I though the first season started off great, went bad, then got decent again by the end. I'm hoping they learned what does and doesn't work for the new season.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Chernobyl Prize posted:

Season 2 starts September 7th. I though the first season started off great, went bad, then got decent again by the end. I'm hoping they learned what does and doesn't work for the new season.

More awkward sexual tension with odd couples that don't work.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

r0ck0 posted:

More awkward sexual tension with odd couples that don't work.

I thought it was all good, it's Wil Forte's humor through and through. I fully expect more extreme awkwardness and unjustified overconfidence.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'd like to see some characters on Tandy's side. He can't possibly be the only one who said, "gently caress it, the world's over, I'll do what I want"

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

boom boom boom posted:

I'd like to see some characters on Tandy's side. He can't possibly be the only one who said, "gently caress it, the world's over, I'll do what I want"

I'm guessing he won't call himself Tandy anymore.

But yeah, suppose this. Phil and Carol drive to, say, Phoenix. (I say Phoenix because I can't think of any other cities in AZ and am too lazy to go to Wikipedia). Phil reverts to his Last Man On Earth ways, smashing store windows and taking whatever he wants, ramming things into other things for fun. Carol says "hey don't do that!", but Phil says "aw gently caress it, we're the last people on Earth" and keeps doing poo poo. Maybe Carol joins him, maybe not.

Then they meet another guy, who's also in full-blown LMOE mode, even more than Phil, no personal hygiene at all and pooping on the street. (can you even imply that on TV or is that going too far? I dunno). They high-five at first and all find a home and live together, but soon start butting heads when Phil steps in his poop or something. Kinda like The Odd Couple, but instead of a neatnik and a slob, it's a slob and a mega-slob. And the new guy starts wanting to boink Carol and Phil says "Nuh-uh!", basically the exact opposite of the first season.

Seriously, that would be cool.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That would be better than the first season, because the characters would be doing amusing things like shooting windows and stuff, but it still sounds awful because, just like the first season, all the drama would come from one character being an rear end in a top hat.

A diversity of characters would be best. Different people who have reacted to the death of mankind in different ways. Multiple personalities that bounce off each other in amusing comedy ways.

As opposed to the first season, where nobody really noticed anything had happened and everyone was fine, except that one rear end in a top hat everyone hated.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Show is back tonight. Someone make a new thread and link it here when you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Gynovore posted:

I'm guessing he won't call himself Tandy anymore.

But yeah, suppose this. Phil and Carol drive to, say, Phoenix. (I say Phoenix because I can't think of any other cities in AZ and am too lazy to go to Wikipedia). Phil reverts to his Last Man On Earth ways, smashing store windows and taking whatever he wants, ramming things into other things for fun. Carol says "hey don't do that!", but Phil says "aw gently caress it, we're the last people on Earth" and keeps doing poo poo. Maybe Carol joins him, maybe not.

Then they meet another guy, who's also in full-blown LMOE mode, even more than Phil, no personal hygiene at all and pooping on the street. (can you even imply that on TV or is that going too far? I dunno). They high-five at first and all find a home and live together, but soon start butting heads when Phil steps in his poop or something. Kinda like The Odd Couple, but instead of a neatnik and a slob, it's a slob and a mega-slob. And the new guy starts wanting to boink Carol and Phil says "Nuh-uh!", basically the exact opposite of the first season.

Seriously, that would be cool.

I, too, long for shows where one character steps in another character's poop.

• Locked thread