Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It takes 24 hours to drive from IL to AZ. A year traveling all the states and probably all of North America isn't that unreasonable if there's no traffic. You'd think the hardest part would be filling up the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

someusername posted:

Can confirm. Greenland never dies in Plague Inc.

/especially with Fungus. gently caress fungus.

Just start off there and boost your air and water contagions up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Joey Gladstone posted:

It would have been cool too if it was David Hasselhoff from Knight Rider and he was driving KITT from the show, and they go off ramps and do flips in the car

This except unironic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The show would have been a lot better if it was just Carol and Phil having disagreements and funny shenanigans. I'm not gonna feel bad when this gets canceled.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did they get a second season? Cause I may not bother.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Emerson Cod posted:

He may have chosen Phoenix because its so dry and arid that any corpses littering the streets would be mummified by now.

Its Tucson. So, like a worse Phoenix.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bull3964 posted:

If that were truly the case, he wouldn't have cleaned the poop pool or if he did the first person he would have told was Melissa. Same for showing how he solved the poop dilemma.

Honestly, Carol is nearly as manipulative as Phil, she's just more successful at it.

Don't worry. All of that will be thrown away at the beginning of the next episode and we'll get Phil acting like a total fucker for some small reason again. Maybe they'll introduce another 4 or 5 people too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This person gets it. I think the show's been great. However, I do feel like it would be a better fit on Netflix since in style and tone it's less of a network sitcom and more a short form comedy miniseries.

I think a lot of people that expected this to be about one person or a new wacky situation each week are going to continue to be disappointed. This ain't that show... clearly.

I'd rather have network TV try new things like this than another Two and a Half Men/Big Bang Theory style show, ya know if someone had a gun to my head and made me choose and all.

This isn't new though. It isn't risky. The first 3 episodes were different, but now its just a regular sitcom with slightly different problems.

They really should have just made it "The Odd Couple: Apocalypse" and had it just be about two people trying to get water/electricity/fight disease all while being the only people left and not liking each other.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Really? What TV are you watching? What other comedy shows are built with this style and tone? I need to watch more sitcoms apparently! I never see a sitcom with the main character trying to decide whether or not he should murder his neighbor so he can sleep with the one last hot woman on earth. It's a weird dark character piece so far that I haven't seen before. Instead of seeing a wacky three act structure we're getting a look at what if the last man on Earth was a shwarmy piece of poo poo. To me it's hilarious.

Phil is a sexually driven Sheldon with Melissa as a more aggressive female version of Leonard. I'm not faulting you for liking the show mind you. I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I liked the tone and comedy of the first three episodes and once they introduced Melissa the show swerved and totally lost me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I see what you're trying to do here. This is an obvious April Fools joke guys.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inkspot posted:

Sounds like he might be, actually. Cake Boss.

Carol would be banned from this forum for telling him the cake didn't fit in the truck.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's in everything lately!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Repopulating the world with a 60 year old would be interesting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hilario Baldness posted:

I think we can all agree that this would be funnier if Larry David was the Last Man on Earth.

Bill Murray.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

I do need to see more shows that he's been in.

Running Wilde is on Netflix I think. Will Arnett is in it too. I liked it, but I may have been the only person in the world that did.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AirCav58 posted:

Oh that explains everything
E:Why did will and Todd and the ladies not died?

Because then there wouldn't be a show. Duh.:c00lbutt:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Everyone should just leave Phil and Carole in Tucson and go live anywhere else together since those two are just messed up crazy people. Then the show can be about two people that don't get along trying to get along during an end of the world scenario.....you know, like the show should have been.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just think it's not a very well written show. It started out really strong but then tanked pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Depends on where and when he was dropped off. Tucson has a bunch of burbs that you could presumably walk to. And the desert in the winter/wet season isn't too too bad. Still rough as hell but if it was really two days of supplies (it wasn't) then walking to another town may only take 2 or 3 days or so.

• Locked thread