Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope it's not horribly awkward or I won't be able to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The first half hour was really awkward because I knew based on the fireworks that Todd was going to show up before they had sex. So I kept hoping they'd just get his reveal over with so the show could move on. The second episode was pretty good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just give her the fat makeup from Mad Men and move on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Cows survived for ages without humans, it probably just be in pain from its udders swelling. Surely its body would break down the milk eventually.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GORDON posted:

So much absolutely weird poo poo has happened to Phil since the end of the first episode that I am wondering if we are seeing his future-life flashing before his eyes as he is hurtling through the windshield of his truck because he is actually still killing himself running into that rock. Even in his fantasies he is a loser who isn't getting the hot girl.

That would make him still be "the last man on earth" if this is all a pre-death fantasy.

He'll survive, and S2 will start over again.

That would be terrible. Especially if they kept the same characters. I can't watch this awkward phase all over again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This. What have all of these other shockingly well adjusted people been doing for the last two years and why after a year are they suddenly noticing all of the Alive in Tucson signs?

You just ruined this show for me. I forgot these people were also living alone the whole time too. This whole time I've been thinking "well it's not that bad, he was alone for two years after all." But they were alone as well. They act like they were transported through time from being in society to right when they meet Phil.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

lelandjs posted:

I finally caught up with this thread.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

It's like half of you are being willfully dense and the other half don't have an idea about how to criticize television. "This show is bad because (character) has similar personality aspects to (character from an older show)."

I ain't gonna backseat mod, I ain't gonna close the thread, I ain't gonna report none of y'all.

I just want you to know that I think The Last Man on Earth is one of the best comedies on today and that nothing you say will make me change my mind, because no matter how much you hate it nothing short of the show failing my expectations will make me change my opinion on the show.

Resume the hatewatching posts below.

What are some other comedies you enjoy? I think this thread is a collision of people who enjoy different kinds of comedies. There are the people who were hoping for a more intelligent exploration of being the last man on Earth and doing anything and everything. Then there are the people who enjoy all the same formulaic comedies on all the other broadcast channels.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know how I feel about this episode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
God drat it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like the next episode should be somewhat decent.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
When he went to his old apartment, I'm pretty sure there was a picture of him with Jason Sudeikis.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

You could go to every hunting/fishing supply store in the area and steal the MRE's they sell, then break into military bases if you are able and steal their real MRE's. Store those away, and live off cans and oranges until that wasn't viable anymore at which point you start on the MRE supply while making your way to a new grouping of military bases to raid those.

Different parts of MREs can last a while. At which temperature they were stored is what on which it all depends.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pnumoman posted:

I agree; it's kind of the whole point of MREs that you can store them pretty much anywhere, anyhow, and they'll be fine provided the seals aren't compromised by puncture or something.

*whoooosh*

Edit: No but seriously, MREs don't last as long as people think they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He was planning on walking to Nogales. Depending on where he left from, that's a 24 hour walk.

• Locked thread