Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Tendai posted:

Seriously, that was just amazing when I watched it this morning. "It's eight in the morning and I'm watching a drag queen do a chicken impression."

Honestly this is kind of what I thought when I was watching the critiques and such. I didn't agree with the winners or the elimination but just in terms of looks, they are all pretty amazing. There's no Raja just slamming it in terms of runway looks or what have you over everyone else, no one just monopolizing challenges. It's a much more even playing field it feels like, at least now that Jasmine is gone. My idea of who might be in the top three eventually keeps changing each week.

I hadn't even considered this, but you're all right. There isn't a clear cut winner this season and all the queens seem to have such different personalities and skills. With that said, I still don't agree with last night's elimination decision and I'm going to miss that kooky queen.

I think I'm also the only person who doesn't hate Violet and I'm kinda coming around on Fame. When she was talking about chickens I couldn't stop laughing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I agree on the elimination. What even the gently caress.

Miss Fame has been weird for me. Like 90% of the time I'm pretty much "meh" but then she has moments like the chicken talk last night and little hints that there's more there. Actually that's been the case for a lot of queens this season for me. There's a lot of stunning looks but I don't think there are as many huge personalities, or maybe they're not being edited to show them, or something. Drink a Red Bull, Pearl, this is a goddamn drag competition and it is no time to be chill.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I'm definitely coming around on Miss Fame and Max, especially Fame. Her chicken tattoos are actually awesome, and it's really cute that they're specific chickens she raised.

I think the editing has been very strange this time around. All of the implied storylines just aren't coming across the way they clearly intend them to be. They're relying too much on people directly saying things in the talking heads and not enough on workroom footage. Or I don't know, maybe just dramatic defining moments (like "go back to Party City" or Bianca lending her cincher to Adore) just didn't happen in the workroom with this cast.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's it kind of. No one's done anything to make me go "aww" or "that bitch!" in any particular way. Some of them seem like neat people and many of them have gorgeous looks but it's kind of just not making me pull for anyone in particular. I'm definitely coming around on both Fame and Max though, Max started when he was so cool with Jaidynn during the acting challenge.

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
I can see how some people wouldn't really care for Max's look, but she just seems like a nice person all around? Like she's always hugging people and making sure they're okay, but at the same time not compromising her chances of winning. She still turns it out for herself to the best of her ability, but also likes seeing others do the best they can do as well, and I think that's adorable. It's just not the mindset you see in competition like this. She just seems like such a genuinely nice person and that makes me root for her the most. :shobon: The way she managed to get Pearl to actually come out and show her comedic side on stage this week was just great because I personally think there's a lot more to Pearl than other people are seeing....

I think I'm coming around for Fame too, because now we get to see she's a weirdo like everyone else and isn't just going to hide behind being gorgeous.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

anyone else bugged by Ginger's wig choices? she seems to do the same thing Alexis did where everything is a hairpiece simply attached to hair she already has. not sure why, but that just really grates on me.
well, that and her shady "compliments" to the other girls and bluntly (in a non-funny way) saying that she wants the girls to head home. it's just weird.

Pearl is slooooowly coming out of her shell and it's about drat time. Max is rad as heck when it comes to dealing with these girls and making them feel better or liven up a bit.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Legislacerator posted:

. She just seems like such a genuinely nice person and that makes me root for her the most.

the escape goat posted:

well, that and her shady "compliments" to the other girls and bluntly (in a non-funny way) saying that she wants the girls to head home. it's just weird.

From the next episode, something that proves both your points:

Ginger assigns groups for the main challenge (performance) and sticks Max with VIOLET and KANDY. To which Max says: "Violet and Kandy...have not been the strongest performance-wise...but I'm going to whip them into shape!.

Adorable. :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

anyone else bugged by Ginger's wig choices? she seems to do the same thing Alexis did where everything is a hairpiece simply attached to hair she already has. not sure why, but that just really grates on me.
Ginger has been a disappointment to me, so far, in terms of what I expected. Looks, attitude, all of it. Just kind of not doing it for me like I thought she would.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Mrs. Kasha Davis was pretty damned cool, and I was sad to see her go. But this season hasn't really had anyone that makes me applaud when they finally get eliminated. Jasmine went when she should've for the reason she should've. Everyone else on the show is just fine to me. I have the few queens I like better than the others, but generally I don't think (barring some drama-bomb) I'm going to be terribly upset by whomever is in the final 3.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

I don't think the playing field is that level. Though Kandy is the most mediocre of the remaining cannon fodder.

Current top three prediction: Katya, Fame, Ginger

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm guessing Ru's just done with the schticky gimmick axing Trixie and Kasha this early.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Kasha's lipsync was better but she messed up some of the ad-libs and I guess that's enough of a sin as far as Ru is concerned. I really enjoyed her but when it comes down to it I feel like we've seen everything she has to offer. Sure, it's the kind of stuff you can never get tired of, but I'm not as upset about it as I was with Trixie.

Fame has been cracking me up since episode 2, I'm pretty sure I even wrote about it. She is the dorkiest pretty girl since Alyssa Edwards and I live for it! That chicken song just had me floored, especially since I watched her mugging the camera while clucking just last night. It does make sense later! :haw: and here I thought it was because she was good at raising cocks

I am also slightly obsessed with Pearl for a while now and I knew she was going to slay this challenge but I never imagined it would be this glorious. I love her so much every time she's on screen it's like watching cat videos :allears:

And now, it's time for a cocktail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB73JaTG1nI

EDIT:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 1, 2015

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
After Miss Fame's crazy sobbing in Untucked I like her even more. I hope she gets a message from her chickens at home.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Like, it was obvious Katya was a weirdo (and I'm pretty sure just from her sense of humor and who she's following on Twitter that she has probably had an account here), but I think Fame might just be the strangest contestant in a while. She's doing the "pretty girl" thing so well, but then when she's not trying to be a model, she's just the dorkiest person in the room.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Why. Why is the giant, ugly, reject from the ghetto crack den of Sesame Street Big Blue Bird, Kandy Ho, still here? She's so... unpolished. She's like a season 2 queen. Every other Puerto Rican queen has been leagues ahead of her; this season she's just outclassed. WRONG CALL AGAIN RU.

My front-runners are Katya and Max. Still kind of keeping my fingers crossed Trixie will come back, but bah. I also like Violet, Miss Fame, and Pearl.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm not really a fan of Kathy Griffin, but I could watch her tear into Queens for lousy hack shtick forever. She was 100% on point. Well, 95%.

I liked the Danny DeVito joke. :colbert:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Yep I thought Kandy's number was up.

I agree, my top three are Katya, Fame, and Ginger.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Right now, Adult Swim is airing Fish Center for April Fools and Trixie Matell is being interviewed. It's hilarious.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
What's with all the wrong calls being made?

Bina fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 1, 2015

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
It's so weird to me that they keep on insinuating that Violet is so awful and nobody likes her because of what she says and does but I don't think we've seen anything other than that she doesn't take criticism that well. You'd think they'd show more of it to make her the super villain of the season rather than just dancing around it with hints all the time.

That being said she spoke the dreaded "not here to make friends" soooo.

Aqueous Martinis
Nov 19, 2006

what a little moonlight can do

Eight Dollars posted:

It's so weird to me that they keep on insinuating that Violet is so awful and nobody likes her because of what she says and does but I don't think we've seen anything other than that she doesn't take criticism that well. You'd think they'd show more of it to make her the super villain of the season rather than just dancing around it with hints all the time.

That being said she spoke the dreaded "not here to make friends" soooo.

Definitely. I was just telling someone last night that they're not giving her enough of a bitchy angle for what they're going for. I'm sure she was very off-putting in person, but that really isn't coming across on-screen besides a couple cringe-y moments.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I have no idea how I missed someone Zoidberging through the work room.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Are you guys serious? Violet has a classic case of constant bitchface, and the attitude to back it up. She's not standing in the room shouting about Party City, but after what I've seen I wouldn't want to be around her either.

I still have no idea what that was about, but it sure was funny as hell.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
When is Snatch Game? :cry:

I am so curious as to who the queens pick.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Mouse Dresser posted:

When is Snatch Game? :cry:

I am so curious as to who the queens pick.

Someone earlier posted that it wouldn't be next week, which means it will almost certainly be the episode after that, if they want to have enough people to play Snatch Game.

I wonder if Mrs. Kasha Davis would have done Joan Rivers. She killed the impersonation in the mini challenge this week.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014

King of Foolians posted:

I wonder if Mrs. Kasha Davis would have done Joan Rivers. She killed the impersonation in the mini challenge this week.

She did a Liza Minelli impersonation is the music video she just released.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Which queen is going to do some not really famous reality tv star?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

OhHiMaahk posted:

She did a Liza Minelli impersonation is the music video she just released.

And during the pre-release party. She killed it!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Pearl apparently does quite a good Big Ang which seems to fit that bill.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

:syoon:

Amazing.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

DominoDancing posted:

Are you guys serious? Violet has a classic case of constant bitchface, and the attitude to back it up. She's not standing in the room shouting about Party City, but after what I've seen I wouldn't want to be around her either.

She's no Phi Phi or Roxxxy. She's young and has her moments though, but I don't think she's gone on the personal attack other than the second episode comment about Michelle Visage. I could be completely wrong though. I chalk up a lot of the attitude she has on age and the fact that she's probably grown up pretty isolated; doesn't mean it's right but it could be the source of her bitchiness.

That Untucked episode was definitely more emotional than I expected.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
With Violet, it's a combination of: 1) her constant resting bitch face 2) she has made little to no effort to make friends 3) she is the fishiest and youngest queen, so the others are ganging up on her a bit.

She definitely is no PhiPhi or Roxxy, the closest to that this season would be Jasmine, Kennedy and Ginger, but even they're no where near the level of PhiPhi or Roxxy.

Really, just like how this season has no real standout queens, they also have no real standout drama, so the producers are milking this Violet hate as hard as they can.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Mom :allears:

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

The Brooke Hogan of Drag! I love her so much!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Something something throwback Thursday (gently caress, it's Friday) but ANYHOW Manila has a new video and it is just great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpCWS0t-0M

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

caligulamprey posted:

I'm not really a fan of Kathy Griffin, but I could watch her tear into Queens for lousy hack shtick forever. She was 100% on point. Well, 95%.

I liked the Danny DeVito joke. :colbert:

Yeah, I'm glad they left that in and the audience validated it. That, Violet's acceptance speech, and my favorite of the night in the Brooke Hogan of drag thing were the only things that got me to laugh.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Ms. Fame's speech was pretty good - especially the man upstairs bit.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Anyone in the Seattle area? Tickets for drag becomes him are on sale. There is a package for after party stuff with Jinkx.

http://www.dragbecomeshim.com/

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Could Max be a virgin? His anti-vulgarity stances seem based on embarassment. I knew some virgins in college who were like that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Meow Cadet posted:

Could Max be a virgin? His anti-vulgarity stances seem based on embarassment. I knew some virgins in college who were like that...

I just want him to go home. I'm so sick of his "Ohhh poor me I'm a glamorous prude deer" shtick.

• Locked thread