Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
You see, this is what happens when Kandy doesn't have to lipsync against someone with osteoporosis.

Great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I know it's already been said, but I love the parity this season. Last season when there were 8 queens left, we knew who the ringers were (Bianca, Adore, Courtney, Ben) and who were on their way out (Joslyn, Laganja, Trinity). This season I have no idea whatsoever who's going to be in the top 3.

Speaking of which, what does everyone think the top 3's going to be? My guess is Ginger, Katya, and Fame.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I've gone from liking Max to despising her in the space of 10 minutes and one Sharon Needles "impression." She's so gone.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

caligulamprey posted:

It was absolutely, undeniably, unquestionably Ru pulling Katya because RuPaul's been aiming for a big queen winner and, if by chance Katya ended up in the top 3, she would have taken it all, period. Scientific. Fact. I have charts and schematics. I have red thumbtacks stuck in a map of Russia and headshots connected to each other by yarn, nobody attempt to take this away from me. :cripes:

There's a blog I read by Monkseal (the UK Apprentice guy) and he had a similar take on the subject, which I like:

https://monkseal.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/rupauls-drag-race-7-hello-kitty-girls/ posted:

I find it odd that people, for all the scrutinising they do of how this show is manipulated, edited, and scripted, haven’t caught on en masse at this point to the fact that a fan favourite always finishes 5th/6th. Every season it’s the same shocking saddening elimination just before the final stretch. Ongina, Pandora, Shangela, Willam, Bender, and now Katya have all fallen at more or less exactly the same point, and various degrees of Internet Inferno have happened each time. People get led up by the edit to believe a particular queen cast-iron deserves a finals spot, then they don’t quite get it, then people meltdown, then the show heavily promotes them in the gay media in the run-up to the final, then they become a star in their own right (as much as anyone from this show does). Every year. And whilst I love all those queens (except Ben, who I think is talented but annoying, and Pandora who always was and will always remain fundementally useless) and would have had most of them make the final…this is the better path for them. It’s not worked out quite as well for the show this year, because all of the top 4 are pretty bitchy and flawed in terms of their personality, but I think it’s genuinely one of the smartest thing they do, in terms of ensuring their queens have a career after the show, and I wish that people who maybe think they’re pretty smart in terms of how this show is put together would notice it.

His blog is great in general (he just started covering RPDR in Season 6, but it's definitely worth a read).

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 20, 2015

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Tendai posted:

Katya and Alaska.

"From Alaska to Russia"

"I can see Katya from my heels!"

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Violet's very much a white Tyra Sanchez, what happened to Tyra after she won

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Andrew_1985 posted:

Bob was hilarious and so eloquent in her intro video.

Who will be our villain this season?

Anyone else also looking forward to AllStars 2?

Agreed 100%/Naomi Smalls/Not if they're doing teams again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Cocks Cable posted:

Bob sure is awesome. But Dax promised to bring X-Men realness to the game. So conflicted.

Hashtag Nine-One-Tweezy-Keep-It-Sleazy :allears:

• Locked thread