Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
What the hell was that?

How did nobody clock that Ms. Kasha Davis Matthew Lesko Halloween store outfit?

How did Kennedy win over Jayden?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I mean, I see why Tan With You was the worst of the lot, but the QVC parody didn't have really any major choreography since it was mostly waist up, and I can't remember what most of those queens did even 20 minutes after.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Yea. That challenge was Jayden or Violet's. I couldn't even remember Kennedy's look when they awarded her the win.

I'd even throw Katya in there as well as deserving because she rose above the rest of the her pack like a phoenix with the ultimate "cool mom" haircut.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

At the Atlanta watching party Violet called her "Kandy Who?" and said "I forgot she was even on the show for a minute."

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Elucidarius posted:

Honestly watching it, the team with Kennedy was the worst of all of three. I'm pretty sure the only reason they won was because it was advertising Ru's crap.

I think that's part of it, but I also now think that they were the only one who really got what Ru wanted for the challenge. Ru said that she wanted to be spoofed and the other two teams didn't do that. Ru wanted Weird Al poking fun of Gaga to the tune of "Bad Romance" and the rest gave her Weird Al making fun of grammar to the tune of Robin Thicke. It helped that Ru could then say "I can laugh at myself" when picking them as the winner.

Still think "Get Ready to Clock" was better.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

It's so weird to me that they keep on insinuating that Violet is so awful and nobody likes her because of what she says and does but I don't think we've seen anything other than that she doesn't take criticism that well. You'd think they'd show more of it to make her the super villain of the season rather than just dancing around it with hints all the time.

That being said she spoke the dreaded "not here to make friends" soooo.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Ms. Fame's speech was pretty good - especially the man upstairs bit.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I like Max, but yeah he definitely needs to quit it with the "sex? how icky! never bring that up" routine. This is Drag Race, it's basically one giant sex joke. You signed up for it.

Best team or no best team, Kennedy should have been in that bottom two for how terrible she was performance and outfit-wise. At least Jaidynn had a concept.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Do you think Max actually brought a non-grey wig? Is Michelle going to just get madder and madder every week?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Speed Crazy posted:

I'm very curious about Ginger and Kennedy calling out Max for being a completely different person when the cameras are off.

At her watching party last week Violet did let out that Max is a bit shady off-camera, but still won't break her character so all her whispered gossipings sound like either a really old woman or an 8-year old calling something a doofus.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

According to reddit the episode was released early YET AGAIN so look out for spoilers ya'll.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

That editing during Max's on-stage "meltdown" was terrrrrrrrrible, but I agree with all y'all that she really fell down on this challenge/that lipsync.

Second everything about that Untucked. The Sasha Belle shade was perfect.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

It's definitely going to be Sasha Belle returning and winning Miss Congeniality.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Well I guess there's a reason those were un-aired because zzzzzzz

God, that runway was fantastic all around. I thought Ginger's was the least unpolished but even hers was pretty great.

Kennedy on Untucked being super horned up all the time is so hilarious.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I think part of the Ginger irritation is that, at least imo, she seems to be political - like she was thinking about her edit the entire time. The stuff that she'd keep on saying like "I used to think you're a stuck up bitch but then I met the real you yadda yadda" to Trixie, Pearl, Violet etc, and then even after that not really changing how she interacted with them felt super off.

With the stuff graynull talks about in the last episode ... you can basically see Ginger click and realize how she'll be viewed in this fight and she tries to change it.

I think there are good moments with her, mainly the parts when she's out smoking and hanging with Katya, but she does seem willing to be a drama-stirrer and then abruptly switches to "but I LOVE YOU" at a drop of a hat. It's probably a bit of editing too.

Really Untucked is the main reason I think Ginger will probably lose to Violet. I'm not sure they'd show someone being that mean (and not in a Bianca mean way) who'd still win the crown?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Glad Violet won the crown and brought it home to Atlanta at least just to make this hilarious.

I think Ginger losing in the end will actually work out well for her. The other queens seem to really like her and she'll do well in the circuit - especially since what she did wasn't terrible compared to past villains or boring people who have faded away. I could see her doing a Battle of the Seasons, cracking some jokes and everyone will be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'd love Evah to be on Season 8 but I wonder if she'd avoid it because they probably won't give the crown to two Atlanta queens in a row. She did apply for Season 7 though with Violet, so it's a strong possibility!

• Locked thread