Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I liked Tempest. :( Edit: Not just because I am a professor of costume design (but mostly because I am).

I'm a sucker for comedy queens over fishy queens. I really like Katya and Violet and Trixie; Miss Fame and Kandy Ho bore the hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Anyone 22 years old and playing at 'old soul' is grating. Low energy like she has a glucose problem. The Madonna voice, esp when outed as from Wisconsin. And not being very likable or fun up until her "murder them" speech in ep 2 untucked.

Its basically Milk and Jink all over again but a lower-wattage version. That avante garde identity, especially when it feels forced, is off putting to the average person.

You hit the nail on the head.

I was curious about Max after watching the Meet the Queens videos; I always tend to like the odd-ball contestants. However, Max just strikes me as a little bit bland, thus far. I hope she draws it out, but even that Iggy Azalea lip-synch video as well as her actions and looks on the show, scream "Second Year Drama Student" to me. I think Max will be awesome in about 5 years, once she's mentally matured a bit more.

Edit: Right now it appears to me that Max thinks she's so cool and unique when in reality it's a little more eye-rolling inducing and "Yes, yes dear, we've seen it. And seen it better."

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

How long do they have to prepare for these challenges? I'm assuming that the costumes are pre-made for them, or at least many, many aspects of them are. So that saves time because they don't have to sew the whole thing. The editing in the show makes it feel like they do the mini challenge at about 9:00am, then choose their teams, and by 10:00am they're rehearsing. At 1:00 they practice on stage with the choreographer/Ru/Michelle, and then start getting ready. Perform at about 3:00. I mean, that is a tough schedule but each person about 6 lines at the most, it's not even close to impossible.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Mrs. Kasha Davis was pretty damned cool, and I was sad to see her go. But this season hasn't really had anyone that makes me applaud when they finally get eliminated. Jasmine went when she should've for the reason she should've. Everyone else on the show is just fine to me. I have the few queens I like better than the others, but generally I don't think (barring some drama-bomb) I'm going to be terribly upset by whomever is in the final 3.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

When is Snatch Game? :cry:

I am so curious as to who the queens pick.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Which queen is going to do some not really famous reality tv star?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

No joke, Katya is the kind of man I want to marry. Mrs. Kasha Davis is hot, but Katya is goddamn batty and I seriously want to wake up to that kind of energy every morning (and he's also hot.)

I love Katya so much.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

If I'm reading it right, the 'hebrew letter' on her clip is the pi symbol.

It's ה

(pronounced Hey) and it's one of the four letters that appear on a dreidel. :jewish:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

So glad that Trixie is back!

Katya's conjoined costume was my favorite, but Trixie's performance with Pearl made her the instant winner. Trixie is a lock for Miss Congeniality if she doesn't make final 3.

Also, I totally did not remember Sasha AT ALL. When he was wandering around the work room I was absolutely confused as to who he was, at first thinking that maybe a crew member was in the shot. I wish Tempest lasted a bit longer, I was weirdly rooting for her (I am also a professor of Costume Design, so...)

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I wanted Jaidynn/Tempest to go full Kuato and design the outfit to look like they had one body with just Jaidynn's arms and head sticking out.

Oh my god that would've been so amazing.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I liked Fame, but this really was her time to go. Kennedy & Katya's and Trixie & Ginger's scenes were amazing while the Poo scene was actually poo.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I'm bummed about Trixie. :smith:

Who are your Top 3 guesses? I'm going with Katya, Ginger, and Violet.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Next week is going to either be Kennedy or Pearl who's sashayed. Probably Pearl, because they already have their vaguely bitchy runway queen picked for the final 3.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

I love the fact that Katya's point of reference for the Tango is True Lies.

I actually said "YAAASSSS KATYA YAAASSSSSS!" when she brought up True Lies. I loved Violet's very confused look, too.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

WHAT IS THE POINT TO LIFE ANYMORE I DON'T EVEN KNOW

Just in time for Mother's Day :( MOM COME BACK I LOVE YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

angerbeet posted:

Just a reminder, Ginger and Miss Fame are the same age

:what:

One of them was rode hard and put up wet. Oh well, probably both of the, actually...

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

AV Club summed it up with the line "We lost Katya for THIS?"

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Well that was a finale.

At least Katya got Miss Congeniality. What an underwhelming season all around. I hope they get better with the next season.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Yodzilla posted:

I actually stopped watching and read a book halfway through the finale. Maybe I'll finish it tonight. :saddowns:

I fast-forwarded through easily 85% of it. I watched the entrances, Katya, Miss Congeniality, and the crowning.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

:sigh: I really wish Willam was on All-Stars.

His youtube channel is great and all, but I am experiencing a devastatingly low level of sass and shade on my television screen. Maggie Smith in "Downton Abbey" can only provide so much.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

angerbeet posted:

The thing is apparently Alaska's boyfriend got mad at him for drinking again, and had a big blow up on instagram, trying to get Alaska in trouble for violating the NDA.

It all sort of jives with what Reddit had calculated including the rumor that someone walks off.

Spoilers, including ?top 3: http://imgur.com/a/GM0N3

Spoilers, yes, but not really a surprise.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Oooh, a soundcloud sample!

Willam opens the song by burping

Yayyyyyy :toot:

Christmas just got a little more magical :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

There's a handful of Queens that I am loving so far. Bob is definitely a front runner.

I like: Acid Betty, Bob, Dax Exclamationpoint, and Thorgy Thor. I hope some of the other queens surprise me, but from the Meet the Queens videos, they were boring.

• Locked thread