Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Awww, I was beginning to like Tempest :( I was kind of hoping Jasmine would end up in the bottom becacuse she'a already annoying the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Fantastic runway presentation. I don't think I've gay gasped out of pleasure more times this early in the season.

It seems like this season;s going to have some insane runways if we're getting stuff like this in episode 3!

I'm glad that Pearl got a literal wake up call; her 'I'm so over being here' look/vibe is kind of irritating, but she definitely didn't deserve to lip synch this week. Also glad that Jasmine went home and Max won :toot:

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

My feeling is that Max should play up the disconnect between her image and her reality. Ginger read her for talking like she was from England - well then she should tell people she's from London, Wisconsin.

It clicked for me when she said she'd had Shakespearean theater training; I had a friend in college who was that type of theatre with the 're' kid and she had that same overly mannered thespian accent thing going on.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

I mean besides the fact that she's stuck-up and circlejerking with Jasmine (and Kasha and Ginger, which disappointed me).

It's weird because when Ginger talked about the 'bitter old ladies club' I feel like she's just sort of playing around, whereas Jasmine and Kennedy were dead serious. I just can't imagine her making GBS threads on people like they did.

Nihonniboku posted:

Good riddance such a nasty, bitter queen was sent home packing. When it was revealed in Untucked that she was seriously planning on just standing there and refusing to lip sync before Kandy talked her out of it, she just lost any ounce of pity or respect that I had left for her, of which there was very little to begin with.

That was some giant defense mechanism bullshit. Didn't they say she was packing her bags before the actual performance when she heard it was an acting challenge? Did she think the show was just going to be lip synching and being sour as gently caress and nothing that she'd struggle at? It's especially ridiculous because Jaidynn had a sudden freakout in the middle of their performance and she pulled her poo poo together really quick; Jasmine just took one look at something vaguely out of her comfort zone and just gave up so she could pretend like she was going out with honor or some poo poo.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

caligulamprey posted:

Also: I can watch the Shakesqueer videos over and over again in comparison to the Chaz Bono interview challenge from last season, which I've only watched one time because it makes me hide under a blanket, completely mortified for Trinity K. Bonet. When Ru said this acting challenge was the worst debacle in Drag Race history, I immediately thought about the whole Chaz/Chad thing.

And then cringed for five minutes straight at the memory.

Trinity was bad, but Adore not understanding the great depression and Josyln bringing up loving abortion are the two worst for me.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

I can't believe they went with that editing with those results.

Seriously, I like Pearl, but I have no idea what Ru saw in her lip synch; Trixie had a lot more energy. (I assume since it just aired I don't need to use spoiler tags). Pearl's beginning to give me the vibe that's she's high fashion looks and not much else.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Watched the last two episodes back-to-back: boo to MKD's sashay; Miss Fame's acceptance speech was actually pretty funny (she needs to stop overthinking it); yay to Katya's win; Ginger is too good a competitor to get into these little bitchfests; Max is growing on me even if she as pwecious as a hummel figurine; Violet might not be long for this competition; Jaidynn gave a great lipsync and I'm pulling full her to realize her true and cosmic fabulosity; As of this moment I want a Ginger/Katya/Jaidynn final 3 with Katya winning, or maybe Jaidynn not be a finalist so she can win miss congeniality.

Katya is amazing and she must be taught to the schoolchildren.

Why do you think Violet's going soon? She's rarely severely criticized, especially for runway looks, and since there have been so many drat acting challenges I doubt there'll be another one for her to fail at anytime soon.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Aww, I liked Max. She probably put herself in the bottom two with that little...moment during judging though; the Sharon Needles was terrible, but she might have not had to lip sync. I can totally see why she irked a lot of people, but I found her really interesting, whereas I kinda feel like there's nothing more to see from Jaidynn.

I wish the 'fat chicks eat a lot' thing would get called out at some point; it's so overdone and obvious and I was disappointed Ginger went there when she really didn't have to. I'm also kinda shocked that Alyssa wasn't Violet's first choice because it was actually really funny.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Lipumira posted:

I thought tonight was so strange.. and while the right person probably went home I am *o*v*e*r* Ginger.

Me too, and I'm not really sure why; I started out absolutely loving Ginger and while its obvious she's incredibly talented, I've just soured on her the past few weeks.

And I can't remember the name of the blonde guest judge with the glasses, but did her criticisms seem really off base to anyone else? I mean, she said that Trixie's outfit/dance looked camp...and meant it as a complaint. Does she know what show she was on? Did she expect "country robot" to be taken seriously?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Raere posted:

Ginger and Kennedy ganging up on the younger girls just makes them seem like bitter old queens. So much negativity.
Bye you depressing ho, with any luck your sister will be joining you shortly.

I actually really liked Kennedy's dress and was a bit surprised she got sent home, but drat that condescending 'you don't know anything, you're young' poo poo just makes my blood boil. I won't be mad if Ginger wins because she's really talented, but I would love to see her get beaten (rightfully) by the girls she's sneered at all season. I'll always have a place in my heart for Pearl, but Violet's been a standout all season - this was the first time she had to lip synch - and it's clear she's really serious and passionate about drag.

I agree that all the team/acting challenges brought this season down. They also didn't seem quite as creative as the ones the last few seasons (although I really liked the spoken word and John Waters challenges). And, now that I think about it, we didn't get a 'make dudes into queens' episode!

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

That final lipsync in general was zzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzz :geno:

Ah well.

I hate the 3/4 way lipsyncs; you don't really get to focus on everybody enough to really judge and there's not a lot of room on the stage for anybody. The result just ends up as anticlimactic since it's hard to tell who 'won'. I know it's a lost cause since they've been doing it for so long, but I miss when they just had a regular drat finale and there was a two person lipsync to get into the final 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

angerbeet posted:

Just a reminder, Ginger and Miss Fame are the same age

:lol: I'm pretty sure Ginger thought of Miss Fame as one of the 'young girls who think they know drag'

• Locked thread