Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Man I don't know about this season, I feel like the fashion talent is there but the acting and comedy levels are an all time low. The airplane safety number from last episode and this one's Shakespeare skits were just painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Goddamn I wish I could see that.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I really don't understand drag queens who have absolutely no acting ability whatsoever. I get if you can't sing or can't dance or are bad at comedy because all that poo poo is tough and takes practice and talent. But isn't putting on an outfit and creating a character what drag is all about at its core? Do some of these girls just expect to show up, throw on a dress, and smile and they think that's good enough? I don't even see how you'd get a local gig doing that because the drag acts I've seen have all been very much about putting on a show, not just looking pretty.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that was kinda garbage.

And again I really wasn't feeling a lot of the challenge. Their song parodies just weren't funny.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

DapperDinosaur posted:

The best thing about tonight's episode was Miss Fame talking about her chickens.

I think that's probably the goddamn season highlight.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

I have no idea how I missed someone Zoidberging through the work room.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Why are there so many terrible acting challenges this season.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I can't get enough Nasty Pig commercials.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Oh my God Ru's dress.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo Pearl with a mediocre lip sync and she still completely demolished Miss Fame. What the gently caress what that.

CaptainScraps posted:

Double edit: Rich uncle skeleton is guest judging!

Yeah that was a great suit.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Some were better than others but this runway was loving rad.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that was the correct outcome. Good episode all around though, this season is promising to end a hell of a lot stronger than it started.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CaptainScraps posted:

At this point I'm preferring a season where one or two queens roll through and wreck poo poo and everything else is a sideshow. Less emotion and more fun.

So...last season?

I don't think there's ever going to be as much talent as there was in season 6.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

DapperDinosaur posted:

This episode was weird for me because while I think the right person went home it also kind of felt unjustified? I feel like had Ru not decided to judge in pairs (which at this point in the competition, I think they should be judged individually) Pearl would have been in the bottom instead of Trixie. It also seems like Tango/Vogue is an obvious winner combination and Hodoe/Robot feels like an obvious bottom 2 combination. I really can't imagine anyone pulling that off incredibly well.

Whaaat Pearl's runway look was top three easily if not second best.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
That was a good episode but a hot loving garbage fart sync decision.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It's amazing that Katya actually made the the whole "wacky Russian" schtick work. It's so outdated and bad and yet I actually laughed.

e: the wife and I are rewatching Season 3 now as well and drat there were some great challenges then. Also it's weird that when they lip sync to Bad Romance the track has the word "bitch" censored to "bit"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
My wife is pretty angry.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

DominoDancing posted:

I mean, what DOES Tyra Sanchez do these days?

I can't stand watching Tyra in her season. Everything about her attitude puts me way the gently caress off.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I want to see Bianca Del Rio play The Joker in a drag rendition of Batman.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
After this episode Ginger is the only one I actually give a poo poo about but at this point the season is basically like American politics, I don't actually want anyone to win but my vote goes to the least bad.

Katya why...

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

the escape goat posted:

I simply can't condone myself right now.

Kennedy deserved to go home just for that.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
All the recap did was make me remember how much better other seasons were.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

angerbeet posted:

LOGO TV: We've got one show

Still better than most networks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Mouse Dresser posted:

Well that was a finale.

At least Katya got Miss Congeniality. What an underwhelming season all around. I hope they get better with the next season.

I actually stopped watching and read a book halfway through the finale. Maybe I'll finish it tonight. :saddowns:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Latrice Royale is the goddamn best.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Yeah, if anything they've become super stereotyped as the airheaded, bitchy cheerleaders of the drag world.

Maybe my drag radar is way off base but if your skill set is "looking good in a dress" and absolutely nothing else then drat that's boring.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I feel like that article was a bit tongue in cheek and played up but honestly I can't tell.

Also my wife is marathoning all of the seasons again and I can't understate how much I hate the airplane song sketch from season 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo this art is so good https://www.etsy.com/listing/156401705/the-queens-collection?ref=shop_home_feat_1

• Locked thread