Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Violet irritates me but I can't deny that she brought it on the fashion front. Those looks really were fantastic.

Tempest legit hosed up; and now that's three seasons in a row where an older, comedy queen went home first (but I suspect she knew she didn't have a fighting chance in the lip sync; she seemed defeated). Sorry to see her go; I'll always prefer a camp queen over a fishy queen. And her meet the queens video was genuinely funny.

Ginger, Katya :love:, and Trixie are shaping up to be the breakout stars; Jasmine is the breakout mess.

As much as I don't think it will happen, I'd love to see an actual bearded queen on the show. In other news, it seems Kandy should change her name to Nasty.

I thought Carson and Ross did a good job.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

If you haven't heard this, it's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klr9ejS2TFU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

A drag queen ranting that transwomen aren't "real" women is such cognitive dissonance that it wouldn't surprise me if this goes beyond stupid and into the pathological.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Violet looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt during the 3rd Rock from the Sun years. A lot of people over at onion A.V. club like her, but so far she's too much of a pill for me to root for her. I wouldn't mind if she tries to pick a fight with Michelle and loses.

But Jasmine's the one that really bugs. Miss Fame's also kinda a mess. Watching Untucked, she's very needy; and I thought Katya :love: had better makeup -- even though glamour is Miss Fame's whole thing.

Pearl on the other hand seems laid-back cool. That John Goodman line was terrific; and so was her shade towards violet in Untucked. Also, she seems pretty unflappable. She's growing on me.

Sasha Belle's youtube channel is pretty drat funny. She'll be fine.

I may be alone in this but I'm feeling Mrs. Kasha Davis. I'm interested to see what she has to offer and I think she's kinda hot out of drag.

And because it can't be said enough: Team Minj.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 11, 2015

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

My feeling is that Max should play up the disconnect between her image and her reality. Ginger read her for talking like she was from England - well then she should tell people she's from London, Wisconsin. Double-down on the artifice while exposing it at the same time. That way all her idiosyncrasies would feel more purposeful.

She also missed a HUGE opportunity to shade Miss Fame during the first episode. When Miss Fame ripped off a piece of her newspaper to blot her face, Max should've handed her the rest of the paper and say "here, dahling, it looks like you'll need the whole thing". Pity.

As for the makeup, I get the feeling that it's partly she's putting on very little in drag (which I don't have that much of a problem with, the look, as it is, feels appropriate), and partly she's already wearing a lot out of drag. I recall her looking awfully powdered in the talking head segments. Cute boy, by the way.

That all being said....

Skylark posted:

I hope Max gets robbed by air-pirates when shes riding her steam-zeppelin home.
Your posts are hilarious.

CHiRAL posted:

You are not alone. She gave me life in the challenge and is delish out of drag in ways that make me biased
Yay! But yeah, I did some looking and it seems that there is no shortage of internet suitors for Mrs. Kasha Davis that Mr. Kasha Davis might have to go Odysseus on.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I was prepared for Jasmin to be a huge bitch -- and she was. What I was not expecting was that Kennedy would be so sour. Why is that bitch treating everything as a burden or an insult? I mean besides the fact that she's stuck-up and circlejerking with Jasmine (and Kasha and Ginger, which disappointed me).

Complaining about the young queens? Miss Fame is 29 and you're 33. You are not some elder stateswoman of drag. You are allowed to dislike Violet, though.

Great runway. Yay beards! Katya :love: and Max especially for having the best concepts for the runway.

And God bless angry Ru. Though she should have worn a beard.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

It's weird because when Ginger talked about the 'bitter old ladies club' I feel like she's just sort of playing around, whereas Jasmine and Kennedy were dead serious. I just can't imagine her making GBS threads on people like they did.

I think so too, but she really has her stealth bitch moments. At the start of this weeks untucked, when Trixie asks "have we not all thought been thinking, since the beginning, max was amazing?", GInger's response was shady. She talks about how she didn't get Max's drag and that she was worried for Max in this challenge; but not in a supportive, "I don't want to see you fail" sort of way but rather a "I expected you to fail" sort of way. She hides her shade in the unspoken parenthetical statements -- it's all very "You exceeded my expectations (because I expected you to suck)"She did the same thing last week with Trixie and Pearl, though to a lesser extent, last week.

I mean, I'm not gonna hold it against her - drag queens in a competition and all that - and besides, nothing Ginger said was mean or anything, but those little compliments-with-an-asterisk that she's been giving out are unnecessary, and if she's ever in the bottom I fully expect the claws to come out. In any case I'm still team minj.

I suspect it's really less age than aesthetic that divides these girls. Ginger, kasha and Kennedy have much more classic drag looks to violet, pearl and fame's runway fashion approach, with Max's look a little too conceptual to consider classic.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

It may never get further than twitter, but longtime drag superstar Jackie Beat wants a legends of drag season full of veteran queens

I would love this.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Man, I took my time watching this episode and when I got to it the internet exploded.

I felt so bad for Trixie! Even having already spoiled the episode for myself! She looked like a kicked puppy on the runway! And I for one don't terribly care for how "accurate" a lip sync is to the original performer; I want to see what you do with the song to reimagine it as your own. So even if Pearl, as many have said across the internet, was closer to Deborah Harry, Trixie's livelier rendition was more engaging to me. Hell, just the line "like the back of my man-hand" won it for me.

I wanted Jaydinn to win this one. Her Bianca was so fun to watch. And I thought she looked true-to-her-name FIERCE on the runway.

Well, the outpouring of goodwill towards Trixie these past two days has been so generous, this has been a huge boost to her Q rating.

Thunder Mug posted:

I liked Pearl's lip sync, she was dancing like Beef from Phantom of the Paradise.

I will watch this film now. And speaking of outrageous rock-musical movies, anyone who hasn't seen "The Apple" should stream it on netflix at their earliest convenience.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 25, 2015

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Watched the last two episodes back-to-back: boo to MKD's sashay; Miss Fame's acceptance speech was actually pretty funny (she needs to stop overthinking it); yay to Katya's win; Ginger is too good a competitor to get into these little bitchfests; Max is growing on me even if she as pwecious as a hummel figurine; Violet might not be long for this competition; Jaidynn gave a great lipsync and I'm pulling full her to realize her true and cosmic fabulosity; As of this moment I want a Ginger/Katya/Jaidynn final 3 with Katya winning, or maybe Jaidynn not be a finalist so she can win miss congeniality.

Katya is amazing and she must be taught to the schoolchildren.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Bina posted:

You should check out her tumblr. http://momsgoldteeth.tumblr.com/

No joke, Katya is the kind of man I want to marry. Mrs. Kasha Davis is hot, but Katya is goddamn batty and I seriously want to wake up to that kind of energy every morning (and he's also hot.)

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 9, 2015

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Why do you think Violet's going soon? She's rarely severely criticized, especially for runway looks, and since there have been so many drat acting challenges I doubt there'll be another one for her to fail at anytime soon.

This is gut feeling, and I fully reserve my right to be wrong, but my thinking goes like this: Pearl and Violet occupy the same drag slot: the young glamour girl; as such, they are engaged in a smaller meta-competition within the show. And in that competition, Violet 'wins' in the sense that she is easily on par with Raja for most fashionable queens ever on the show. Pearl ain't no slouch, but she ain't no Violet either.

BUT, Ru has been nurturing Pearl and praising her ability to get out of her head and her performance in the challenges. Meanwhile, Ru has been assessing Violet much more critically, noting how poorly she plays with others and how little she gives in her performances. Pearl's redemption arc is very blatantly manufactured and with far less ROI than Adore's last season, but that don't change the fact that lately Pearl has been framed in the positive and Violet in the negative.

And while I hope to God that there are no more acting challenges, I don't see Violet being able to stand on her own either. Pearl's methadone-haze personality may not have much potential, but I think it has more promise than Violet's low-key narcissism when it comes to responding to a challenge and putting on a show. Ultimately, that could make Pearl the stronger competitor and a better pick in Ru's eyes.

And after typing all this up, I realized I completely forgot about Miss Fame, who is also a glamour girl and could flame out before them or outlast them, I don't know. She tries hard, and you can see the gears working, but she's also insecure and spastic. I do know she needs to go full Alyssa and embrace her dorkiness (because it's seriously endearing).

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

It was astonishing to watch Max plummet this entire episode, considering how well she'd been doing in the show. The idea of doing a sugary-sweet Sharon is interesting in the abstract though so contradictory in reality it practically negates itself. Nevermind that she didn't make any attempt to actually play Sharon Disney-fied. And the song was terribly ill-suited to her; a crash and burn all the way even without the meltdown.

caligulamprey posted:

Max, honey, no. That's not how that works.

That is embarrassing to read.

On the flip side, when the hell did Kennedy get funny? Good on Ru for doing a double win, it was deserved.

I know what I said about Violet and I stand by it (Pearl's Big Ang was inspired. Being a clown works for her) but I can honestly say I love her runway looks so much I don't mind keeping her around just for them. The best look of the night. Where is she getting the money for all this? Those looks are polished to a mirror-shine and that ain't cheap. She must be drowning in tips.

My love for Katya grows without ceasing.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

her hair clip is a dreidel.

jesus christ.

If I'm reading it right, the 'hebrew letter' on her clip is the pi symbol.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I wanted Jaidynn/Tempest to go full Kuato and design the outfit to look like they had one body with just Jaidynn's arms and head sticking out.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Truth be told, I didn't think any of the dresses were ugly. In fact, I kinda loved them all except Kennedy's just cuz it was a basic old lady suit. These bitches should've been much more busted (which would probably be read for filth for taking it "too far" or some poo poo) I suspect they all correctly deduced that even "ugly" should still be glamorous, just a little loud. Also, that was my favorite Ru look ever.

blizzardvizard posted:

If I have to choose between them I'd actually choose Fame 'cause while she is understandably boring, she's trying to bring the right energy to the song, while Pearl rehashed her Blondie lipsync and just flailed her arms around.

Yes. She also tried to show an ugly dress. There was an idea there. Pearl's outfit was legit adorbs and came off like she didn't want to do the challenge at all. (Judging by this, I think it's also pretty clear she lucked into her first lip sync.) As for Miss Fames performance in the video? Too much is better than not enough. Yeah , the lipstick was already on the mirror, but she fought harder than Pearl, and that should be rewarded.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 28, 2015

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I would love if we could somehow get Katya to team up with any combination of Guy Madden, David Lynch, David Cronenberg, Chloe Sevigny, Drew Droege as Chloe Sevigny, and/or Isabella Rossellini (which spell-checks to tortellini!).

Echo Video posted:

I just really want a show with all the eliminated queens hanging out in the hotel

This is a great idea.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Tendai posted:

I initially read that as John Madden.

Still a great idea.

An even better idea!

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

No one wants to comfort Katya's penis with his mouth more than me, but now having watched the episode, I think she had given all she could give of herself mentally in this competition. She did beat Kennedy in the lip sync, but I think Ru saw that Katya wasn't gonna be able to cope any longer. I don't like it any more than anyone else, but there ya go.
But the season's basically over for me too. I'm guessing it'll be a final four all the way to the end. Ru wants to keep in Ginger and Kennedy to have a big girl and a black girl in the finale, and Pearl and Violet aren't going anywhere (yeah, I was wrong.) Also, Violet's gonna win.

But life moves forward, and I bought a ticket to see the draq queens of comedy at the castro theater on the 23rd.

It should be fun.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

spite house posted:

Per her AMA, Katya says her favorite novel is "The Master and Margarita".

1. She fuckin would. 2. That may be the best novel ever and it is a beast to get through, for anyone following along the Penguin translation is probably your best bet 3. oh my god her favorite book is "The Master and Margarita".

She deserves our adoration down to the ground.

holy poo poo this book sounds amazing

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Willam is in a commercial for Magnum ice creams and promoted the brand at a party at Cannes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjHRbQ3WWCE

She looks great. The brunette at the desk is also really pretty.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Didn't Bianca host the season premier parties with Michelle?I assume she'd have some sort of relationship with World of Wonder because of that.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I still want a show of Bianca and Adore on a road trip performing shows in all 50 states where we meet queens and other members of local gay communities.

But I feel this could be a good fit for Katya. Katya Cross-Cuntry. "Life on the road is such a drag". This fall on Ovation!

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Ru sometimes comes off like one of the thinnest-skinned drag queens I've ever seen (his twitter tirade during the she-mail debacle popped into my mind). I usually just chalk it up to him thinking "I am THE drag queen, I'm the one who broke down the walls/opened the door/whatever, I shouldn't have to deal with this poo poo!" But that entire interview read like Stuart Smalley if Al Franken was not in on the joke. And people who talk like that always seem to be one light breeze away from crumbling.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

If anyone is so inclined, even Michelle gets that season 7 was a wash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4zaJ8lgGs&t=3385s

The conversation about the seasons is longish, but it's as close to a mea culpa as fans are getting. Also, Violet shade. And Lady Bunny is always a hoot God Bless That Mess. Michelle says season 8 will be off the chain. I choose to believe that is because of Bob.

CHiRAL posted:

She actually didn't know what a Brony was till she saw the reactions to it on Reddit (at least according to her facebook). It's kind of a shame she chose this theme considering how the internet reacts to it. Her January looks were AMAZING.

Hot drat.

• Locked thread