Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Did I hear Katya describe her character as bisexual? It made me wonder if there are/have been any non-strictly gay queens on the show, or if that is even really a thing in the world of drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I expect Max and Trixie will get the Visage-patented "What else can you do?" speech at some point. Not an unfair question, I don't think, but it does strike me that the 'pretty' queens don't seem to get asked to do odd or avante garde looks very often. I think Trixie said she was a makeup artist, but I hope Max can paint if need be; that small different between simplicity out of necessity or by choice.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Yeah, that was some ol' bullshit. I really expected it to be Pearl v Kandy Ho but definitely not what went down. Given what was shown in the edit, it really felt like a manufactured decision.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I thought for a second that Pearl was going to quit and that was going to make way for a Trixie return. Oh well, at least we got a nice really tense moment in the work room.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Without conflating their standings in the drag world too much, I don't quite understand Michelle bitching about Max's grey hair when Ru is always wearing a big blonde wig. While it is a competition and they are looking for diversity, it just seems like part of Max's character. Also, didn't Max wear an appropriate blonde and brown wig for the parody song and Merle challenge last night? It's not like she's letting her style get in the way of the challenges.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Am I wrong, or have there not been any real 'drat seamstress' challenges so far? I'm trying to think of anyone in the workroom doing much in the way of construction, but my memory of all the outfits has been tailored professional looks or some off-the-rack stuff.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

How long is it between each challenge/episode taping? I'm curious if the show tapes over just a few weeks total or more like a month or so.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Fantastisk posted:

I was going to say that I'm actually enjoying this season, but when I think about it, it's not really the new episodes I look forward to each week, but rather Untucked and Katya's RuGrets. You see a lot more of the queens' personalities there. I would probably dislike this season too if I was just watching the show.

Also really enjoying the Fashion Photo RuView with Raja and Raven. They are surprisingly nicer than I expected, which was for them to be super catty and bitchy.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

That squarespace prize actually sounds pretty good, and potentially a lot more valuable than a nice dress or some makeup.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Another terrible decision. Kennedy's lipsink was just desperate flailing, and that's what wins you a lipsink apparently.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

After rewatching some of the lip sync last night, I really want this season to be the death of the death drops and splits. That poo poo is so tired now. It's like the new pulling your wig off.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Fantastisk posted:

Pretty much. In Untucked, she makes a lot of excuses ("I can't sew!" "I can't dance!"), looks down on the younger queens for being inexperienced, tries to instigate drama, and is generally portrayed as bitter. It's a shame, because she generally seems pretty cool.

I found this the most distasteful about the last full episode. Ginger and Kennedy putting on their makeup and telling Violet and Pearl how inexperienced and unprofessional they were. As if it is at all professional or mature to talk down to someone who appears to be minding their own business.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Quinctia posted:

Alaska's album Anus is out. You can stream it on billboard.com, if you'd like.

And the video for This Is My Hair is pretty crazy, but that's expected after the last few she's made, right?

As a straight guy, the gay music videos with the hyper-sexualized and "objectified" guys are always slightly surprising at first. Makes me think about how normalized it has become for women in entertainment. I always enjoy a good perspective flip, plus the song is quite good.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I know Chad Michaels also does it with Cher, but I find something rather off-putting about Derrick Barry's Brittany schtick. With everyone else trying to cultivate their own personality it seems strange to just be dedicated to impersonating someone else. Then again maybe Derrick does more than that, but that was the main thrust of her 'Meet the Queens' presentation.

Also Dax strikes me as oddly passable without being excessively fishy. I feel like I know or have seen women who look and act and sound like her (and were actually women).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Has her personality improved at all? I really haven't been following. Last I heard, she was still going around milking her rivalry with Sharon, autographing photos saying, "gently caress Sharon"

The last thing I saw of her was in one of those wowpresent's 'couples for cash' videos. Still gave off a very angry vibe, which makes her really hard to like.

• Locked thread