Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd honestly leave the guy alone, at least he's not a bronie.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least it's model trains and not a mountain of trash

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Yeah I was gonna say if I was doing dorm inspections and I saw a model train set I'd be like oh thank god it's not anime/clearly used sexual toy(s)/mountains of trash/literal human waste/disassembled motorcycle engine/apparent remnants of a hooker murder

Of course I'm not a complete douchebag rear end in a top hat, which is why I'm not a shirt, which is why I'm not doing dorm inspections

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
http://www.reddit.com/r/AirForce/comments/2zi35z/model_trains_in_dorms/

He was daisy training electrical cords and was called out over the electrical issue.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I used to work with this AGR SMSgt. who told me he once did a room inspection and found a whole deboned ham in a 5 gallon plastic bag under some dudes bed.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I used to work for the TSA (yeah I know) and man I've seen some ridiculous poo poo in peoples bags. The reason I bring that up, is because one time this bag I was xraying showed a large, lumpy organic shape in this woman's carry-on. It had something dense in the middle of it. Kinda disconcerting. So we pull her bag for an inspection and it clears the explosives residue test and while I'm chatting with her I unzip the bag and get hit by a wall of stink fumes. This middle age lady had a full bone-in glazed ham in her carry-on. Now, you're allowed to bring food in your carry-on as long as it's not like liquid or poo poo, but for gently caress's sake. It was warm, and sticky, and was wrapped up in what appeared to be a bunch of white t-shirts (that were now orange due to the glaze). No plastic or anything. Weird gross warm ham juices were flowing freely around the bag, all over her other poo poo. Documents, laundry, toiletries, everything. She was completely unphazed by this. Other passengers who passed by crinkled their noses in disgust at the faintest whiff of it.

I ask her why she had this room temperature squooshy-rear end ham in her bag. She said she was bringing it home for dinner. I double checked her boarding passes and she was flying from my airport to BWI then on to Texas. I ask her how long ago she refrigerated this monstrosity and she said that it was pre-cooked so she didn't need to. By now my supervisor had caught on to the situation and turned her back past the security cordon and told her to check the bag. She looked really hurt but wanted to keep it I guess. I hope for her sake the airline made her dump that poo poo, it was loving foul.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I ended my tour in Germany in a creepy Romanian house while a girl who I may or may not have traded fat loving greenbacks for an erotic massage grabbed my rubber-clad, eight-and-a-half inch (and satisfyingly thick) American dong and wagged it across the room at my tiny-dicked buddy and his girl, saying "(random Romanian gibberish)Look! Look! Big dick!" But I couldn't bust a nut because he was in the room all judging me and poo poo.

Now I'm heading to Diego Garcia, and when I asked my sponsor what the leave and travel policies were, he said the commander hadn't designated and that he wasn't available to ask because he was on leave in the Phillippines.

I know the Air Force is hosed up. But somehow I keep coming out on top somehow and I just can't complain. I just hope my kids understand that daddy has to go, his country needs his technical skill the dollar is up and Korea has bans on all the fun poo poo.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 22, 2015

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Wild T posted:

Now I'm heading to Diego Garcia

DG isn't bad. I did 45 days there a few years ago and we were balls to the wall busy (I'm MX) but the perm. Navy folks and brits seemed to like it. Just for the love of god don't get a sketchy tattoo like some guy I knew did in the TCN living area .

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Diego Garcia, where the weird little Filipino shrine to the Virgin has its own building number

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Prop Wash posted:

Diego Garcia, where the weird little Filipino shrine to the Virgin has its own building number

And where you're the only one on the bus to the airfield not getting excited about the 'super hot chick' walking near the TCN housing area.

Also the Filipino band they had playing at the bars at night was amazing.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Makes sense since karaoke is the national pastime of the Philippines.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Lazy Reservist posted:

Makes sense since karaoke is the national pastime major national export of the Philippines.

e: And by "karaoke" I mean "entertainers."

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
See: Journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5zdVwYXDE

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
The thread's slowing down so here are some failures from my squadron:

This belongs to a hugely fat E-6 that I work with. Her most noticeable quality is asking for things that are useless, and showing up late to PT, walking 4-6 laps, and then leaving while everyone else runs.

This month we sent our most useless op to ALS and expect her back very soon. When she left she had a grand total of two months of actual work, refused to switch from day to night shift, and believes that a defibrillator stops the heart so that doctors can reset it at a normal rhythm. She has done her best to avoid interacting with anyone at all times so I'm sure she's doing great.

I've also been meaning to update you on our squadron's adult baby! He met a 1N2 who's into scat play so they got married. He also qualified for Staff last testing cycle, but they may be waiting to send him to ALS until he can do a PT test without a waiver. That'll probably never happen since he's been on a no anything waiver since before graduating Basic and just gets his waist tape done. Even then he manages to fail it. Recently we sent him to a shop full of useless people so hopefully he stays there, burning their nostrils with his melted cheese and wax scent.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
We had a SMSgt talking about how sore he was on Sunday after his PT test on Saturday (Reserves). The best part? We found out he was waived on everything but the waist measurement.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Ckwiesr posted:

We had a SMSgt talking about how sore he was on Sunday after his PT test on Saturday (Reserves). The best part? We found out he was waived on everything but the waist measurement.

Must have taken quite the effort to suck in his gut during the taping.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
http://modernmilitaryman.com/ten-air-force-cities-with-hottest-girls/

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

I thought that was talking about the top ten air forces at first and was surprised to not see Sweden, Denmark, or the Israelis.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's basically a list of 'Least lovely CONUS Bases'.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I'll totally agree with Charleston AFB being in the list. I'm living in the city now, and the difference in quality between Shaw and here is night and day, and it's only a 1.5 hour drive.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

(ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

(͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

xaarman fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 29, 2015

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
xaarman's apparently having a hot time in Enid tonight

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Those are pictures of Miss Enid 2015.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

AF_base_town.jpg?

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro1fpAmfBC0

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Let's all go out for dinner at the hottest new restaurant in town, red lobster

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
i never understood people wanting to have their going away party at applebees

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

or olive garden. wtf?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Anchorage getting an Olive Garden was really a thing when I was up there.

Like the insanity over BWW's I understood, since that's a craving I can understand people having. But the fact that people were going gaga over olive garden was insane to me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
One guy had his at the cookie stand at the mall

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Helldump Immunity. posted:

i never understood people wanting to have their going away party

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Softface posted:

The thread's slowing down so here are some failures from my squadron:

This month we sent our most useless op to ALS and expect her back very soon. When she left she had a grand total of two months of actual work, refused to switch from day to night shift, and believes that a defibrillator stops the heart so that doctors can reset it at a normal rhythm. She has done her best to avoid interacting with anyone at all times so I'm sure she's doing great.

So, at the risk of sounding naive, how does one refuse to switch shifts? Every shop I've worked in has involved shift work, and I thought it was understood that not reporting for duty would be a nice quick way to earn an Article 15.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Helldump Immunity. posted:

i never understood people wanting to have their going away party at applebees

It's consistently not horrible, and it's consistently right outside the gate. At Tinker it was always at this Chinese place until BWW opened and that became the place to go.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

So, at the risk of sounding naive, how does one refuse to switch shifts? Every shop I've worked in has involved shift work, and I thought it was understood that not reporting for duty would be a nice quick way to earn an Article 15.

Supervisors who are afraid of confrontation (and who therefore don't ever take things to the shop/flight supervision level for escalation up to the Sq for paperwork/Art 15/etc)

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

It's consistently not horrible, and it's consistently right outside the gate. At Tinker it was always at this Chinese place until BWW opened and that became the place to go.

If you have your going away at an "ethnic" restaurant, one of your lily white co-workers will complain that it tasted funny and they didn't serve hamburgers, and he thinks that Indian food comes straight from the unwashed floor of a hut in Chennai to his plate in Missouri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

Essentially the guy she was going to switch with didn't give that much of a gently caress so she just bugged him until he agreed to stay on the night shift for another month. Worked for me since we got someone who kind of knows what they're doing for that time, and I didn't have to see her drowned rat face.

• Locked thread