Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't get the hype for EC3. He's got "the look" but his promos are pretty bland heel stuff with usually solid delivery and his matches are decent at best. He also has a terrible name for his finisher which sounds more like it is supposed to be his own nickname. Overall I don't buy his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I don't get the hype for EC3. He's got "the look" but his promos are pretty bland heel stuff with usually solid delivery and his matches are decent at best.

It's TNA, this is world-beating stuff by their standards, and my own expectations for their characters. I think that character in ROH could be groomed into something decent.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I have to imagine the Carter lawyers would watch Bateman like a hawk but if he went into ROH as the guy defending the legacy of TNA and Dixie that would be a fast route to huge heat. I dunno what his finisher is called nor have I watched his matches; he just comes off as a guy with a very confident presence and a sick entrance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

I don't get the hype for EC3. He's got "the look" but his promos are pretty bland heel stuff with usually solid delivery and his matches are decent at best. He also has a terrible name for his finisher which sounds more like it is supposed to be his own nickname. Overall I don't buy his gimmick.

both Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior proved that content of promos is pointless as long as you've got the delivery down.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
EC3 to me has always seemed like one of those guys who understands instinctively what makes an entertaining character and is committed enough to it to stay that way all the time, even if he's wrestling a comically obese man on Bound for Glory or when he came to my local indie and had an entertaining comedy match with the promotion's gay stereotype character. although I don't watch TNA, whenever I've watched an EC3/Derrick Bateman segment I'm almost always entertained by his schtick even if his matches aren't technically great

also he made NXT Redemption a lot of fun

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

yeah but what if Rod broke his back a bunch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

yeah but what if Rod broke his back a bunch

It would probably be unsatisfying as I doubt he has the flexibility to get properly broken by Rod.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wasn't eddies contract up soon or am i misremembering things

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I personally think EC3 is good from the two matches I've seen him do as that character from the forty minutes of TNA I've watched over the last two years.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
A random One Night Only PPV is on TV at the moment, and has got this thread's two hottest properties teaming together: EC3 and Crazzy Steve. Steve has pink EC3 trunks on

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Within a month of her coming back she managed to get concussed twice in a week.

How long do you think until Dixie refers to her as TNA's Randy Orton?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

coconono posted:

both Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior proved that content of promos is pointless as long as you've got the delivery down.

Hell, Dusty's Hard Times promo is pretty weird if you just read it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Joey McChrist posted:

wasn't eddies contract up soon or am i misremembering things

Eddie and Daveys contracts were up in Feb, but they both re-signed. Then like a week later Eddie got injured.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The hits just keep on comin'

quote:

Happy to announce Tyrus has inked a new deal with @IMPACTWRESTLING. See him Friday nights at 9/8c on @DestAmerica pic.twitter.com/oX9OCaf39h
— John Gaburick (@JohnGaburick) March 11, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently this is the new Impact Zone, featuring Robbie E vs Eddie Edwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYnv9X7xEOQ

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
That building looks absolutely pathetic.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

flashy_mcflash posted:

The hits just keep on comin'

Do they think signing him will do any business?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Skinty McEdger posted:

Within a month of her coming back she managed to get concussed twice in a week.

I remember her clearly getting a concussion shortly after her return and then, like, wrestling the following night. Old school.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

I would hope that they realize that nothing they do will affect business in any way other than negatively. They've had scads of top stars from the last two decades on the roster including Hogan and they didn't move an inch.

Oh Spud signed to a deal as well.

e:

quote:

Dixie Carter ‏@TNADixie 1m1 minute ago
Viewer discretion: Tomorrow's @IMPACTWRESTLING contains some very graphic images. Production elements were used to help w/ these moments.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 12, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I would hope that they realize that nothing they do will affect business in any way other than negatively. They've had scads of top stars from the last two decades on the roster including Hogan and they didn't move an inch.

Oh Spud signed to a deal as well.

e:

Not to be outdone by WWE, Dixie is going to take a real live poo poo in the ring?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Not to be outdone by WWE, Dixie is going to take a real live poo poo in the ring?

Please don't tempt me with things that will never happen coco

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Sometimes I forget the whole "thank god TNA ain't PG" joke is based on a real mentality. Bunch of excited responses to that Dixie tweet over the prospect of blood. Weird.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

They have a boner for re-signing people with some semblance of name recognition, don't really care about building new names, don't really care about the product they put on TV looking good or making any sense.

To answer your question: They do, and they're wrong.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I think Tyrus has a great monster heel look and that's worth something, but holy poo poo is he bad at everything else.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

I think Tyrus has a great monster heel look and that's worth something, but holy poo poo is he bad at everything else.

The problem is TNA will have him work regularly when what he should be doing is bodyguarding a chickenshit heel and running interference, and looking intimidating.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The problem is TNA will have him work regularly when what he should be doing is bodyguarding a chickenshit heel and running interference, and looking intimidating.

WWE made the same mistake, which is even funnier.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

Eddie and Daveys contracts were up in Feb, but they both re-signed. Then like a week later Eddie got injured.

on one hand, god dammit. on the other, if they can milk more money out of this rotting horse corpse then all the power to them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tenay's facials slay me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-JUN-djKis

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

WWE made the same mistake, which is even funnier.

Agreed, although they at least kept his matches short

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What an awkward interview setup. I swear for all the talk about production and stuff, it's like they go out of their way to look low-rent.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

What an awkward interview setup. I swear for all the talk about production and stuff, it's like they go out of their way to look low-rent.

it looks like something from Kayfabe Commentaries

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

but don't you know that destination america is paying them 3x as much a spike did?! you think that spike would pay for that elegant dining set??

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

it looks like something from Kayfabe Commentaries

At least when the interviewer is shown on camera during KC interviews he gets a chair

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I haven't been paying that much attention but isn't that exactly what he's been doing? Or have they been having him wrestle 10 minute matches against Gunner for some reason? Everything I've seen with him has been him as EC3's heavy against the likes of Spud, Borash, and the other tiny Boot Camp guy.

For me while I like EC3 a lot and think Tyrus works as his bodyguard on paper the magic just left the room when they split him and Spud. I could watch the two of them do just about anything and be entertained.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Well EC3 and Spud are feuding for the forseeable future, so you just get to see a different kind of interaction between them, and it's still pretty good. These are surely the kind of promos that TNA doesn't script in the slightest (which would be awful), just tells them to go out there and do neat stuff, and they don't mess it up.

I mentioned one of the One Night Only PPVs I came across the other night, that actually had EC3 and Tyrus on opposite sides of tag teams. Everything I saw on the show was way over-booked as usual though. Plus, it spoiled the result of the hair vs hair EC3/Spud match as the PPV was filmed after the upcoming Impact. I know I sound like I care about TNA too much but it's really just guys like Spud and EC3.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

At least get a blanket or something to put over the wall. I half expected a naked Tommy Dreamer to wander through the shot.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
IMPACT's new set. They are taping TV as I type:

Looks like part WCW Thunder part climbing wall.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you make it to the top before the other wrestler and avoid getting caught by the american gladiators, you win a piece of the aggro crag

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rovert posted:

IMPACT's new set. They are taping TV as I type:

Looks like part WCW Thunder part climbing wall.

Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Did they carve it out of the remains of the agrocrag

e;fb

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 13, 2015

• Locked thread