Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Roro posted:

I like how in Prince and Princess they didn't just default to Bijou being able to be dressed as the princess, Pashmina can be too.

Yeah, the use of clothing stickers in some of the sets makes a lot of things possible. That's pretty neat, little hamster game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Appendix B: Art Gallery

Welcome to the second and final bonus update, everyone! This is simply to show off the pictures we’ve collected throughout the game, all in one place and with a bit of colour to them.

Speaking of, it turns out that each picture has its own selection of colours that are available to use. So on some occasions, Ham-Hams appear a little off-coloured simply because the right one is not made available. :sweatdrop: Oh, and the .gif above is to show off the shorthand the game appears to be using to colour each picture quickly when loading.

Now with attempted dramatic shading.

--------

If you feel like making pretentious artsy comments about any of these pictures, go ahead and maybe I’ll edit them into the update. :v: (If you can write a description of this LP for baldurk to use in the archive, I might accept that too! I think the limit’s about 250 characters.) Aside from that, we’re done here! Peace, folks. Or rather, Tran-Q!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This was pretty cute! Thanks for showing it off.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, them's some pretty colors.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Eevs, I find your art shallow and pedantic.

But this LP was so :kimchi:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Yapping Eevee posted:

Now with attempted dramatic shading.
The discolored lines should have a matching color to better blend in. His ears and behind the eye could use a darker orange, just not as red as Punster's color. It could work the other way and his coat could look more orange than his current color.

Other than that, good LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Scalding Coffee posted:

The discolored lines should have a matching color to better blend in. His ears and behind the eye could use a darker orange, just not as red as Punster's color. It could work the other way and his coat could look more orange than his current color.

Other than that, good LP.

Hmm... Now Hamtaro looks sunburned. :v: (Using the orange one space below the current colour has much the same problem.)

Leavemywife posted:

Eevs, I find your art shallow and pedantic.

But this LP was so :kimchi:

Ha! The classic bit of art snobbery, perfect.

I'm glad that people enjoyed this LP. :toot: I spent just about all day yesterday playing through Ham-Ham Games to see if it'd be a good game for me to follow up with... However, I think it may be best left to someone else, for two main reasons.

The first is that I feel it would be better suited as a VLP. The game is based around seven days of sporting events, with one event on the opening and closing days and three events each day in-between. Between each event, you can wander around and see where everyone's got to, talk to them... but the minigames take up the lion's share of the action, especially since the game gets to focus on only 15 games, two of which appear twice. (In order, they are: the 100m dash, Tennis (prelims), Hammer Throw, Diving, Beach Volleyball (prelims), Hurdles, Bird-Back Riding, Pole Vault, Tennis (finals), Carrot Pull, Swimming, Archery, Sailing, Triple Jump, Synchronised Swimming, Beach Volleyball (finals)... and to close things out, a Marathon.) A screenshot update would be mostly just idle chatter surrounding a video, and the characters no longer have headshots due to a shift in art style.

The second reason is, simply put, that I am absolutely hopeless at some of the minigames. I had to abuse savestates pretty severely for the Triple Jump and Swimming, while the Pole Vault just took forever. And to cap it all off, I can't finish the Marathon at all. :sweatdrop: So, uh... Someone who's a bit better at that game might have to do it.

• Locked thread