Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the habs are trading for brian flynn of the sabres apparently?

he's a pretty decent bottom six player sort of; very exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
From Ansar Khan, a Detroit beat writer:

quote:

The Red Wings and Maple Leafs continue to discuss the potential move [Phaneuf to Detroit]. Detroit is trying to get the cap hit down to $5 million.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Martytoof posted:

Quick someone tell me about Petry because otherwise I'm just going to guess and say that the Habs robbed defensive powerhouse Edmonton Oilers of a proven winner.

His +/- is bad so he must just be Tom Gilbert 2.0

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
who the heck is brian flynn??

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

BREAKING NEWS! Some dude you haven't heard of is moving.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Phaneuf to Detroit is looking lucrative.

Also VJeff is back, finish it :golfclap:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Evander Kane using his phone hours before a game is disrespectful and just isn't playing the white right way.

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl
What is Flynn's contract like? More importantly, who is he?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
brian flynn is only unknown because he doesn't play for any of the lovely bad teams all you losers like to cheer for

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

TSN needs to explain the Chewbacca Defense from this episode of South Park.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
if an edmonton GMs job is to not know anything + be sad all the time i'd be the best GM they ever had

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Naet posted:

From Ansar Khan, a Detroit beat writer:

Is Kindl + Weiss for Phaneuf at 5m a doable thing, 'cause that sounds like an acceptable, doable thing.

Edit:

Ken Campbell ‏@THNKenCampbell 3m3 minutes ago
Maple Leafs asking for Brendan Smith in deal for Dion Phaneuf. http://bit.ly/1E9BnHd

HANG UP, KEN

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Crumbletron posted:

sba's card collection cries out in anguish

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Washington, Minnesota and Vancouver are all in on Jordan Leopold for some reason.

No Benning, you're supposed to SELL today. SELL

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Crumbletron posted:

He's the next Dale Weise!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

VJeff posted:

Is Kindl + Weiss for Phaneuf at 5m a doable thing, 'cause that sounds like an acceptable, doable thing.

Nonis is pretty dumb, but is he that dumb?

edit:
Ken Campbell says Toronto is asking for Brendan Smith.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 2, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Washington, Minnesota and Vancouver are all in on Jordan Leopold for some reason.

i read some quote from him about how he was firmly against trading away any of the team's pending UFAs and i crumpled to the floor and wept

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Wonderllama posted:

if an edmonton GMs job is to not know anything + be sad all the time i'd be the best GM they ever had

Is this still the baby typing?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 55s56 seconds ago
Michalek to STL. working on details

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

i read some quote from him about how he was firmly against trading away any of the team's pending UFAs and i crumpled to the floor and wept

I just don't get that thinking. Matthias is having a great year and we can move him to a real contender for picks and prospects. He's good, but hardly irreplaceable. Anyone who watched the game last night knows this team has a 0% chance of advancing past the first round, so the team should ship out expendable players and work on continuing to restock our terrible prospect pool in the hopes of finding ANYONE to replace the Twins in a couple years.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Honestly, I really enjoy all these old stories from current and former GMs.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aye Doc posted:

you stupid stupid man benning you are going to make me drink today aren't you

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

ThinkTank posted:

Trotz really likes lovely defensemen for some reason? :confused:

e: wasn't Michalek pretty mediocre for the Pens after being good for the Coyotes...then goes back to the Coyotes and goes back to being good? I wonder how he'll fair in St Louis

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Levitate posted:

you'll appreciate those lovely defensemen when your last starting defender gets taken out of the lineup by a staph infection and you're forced to start doug janik and jeff jilson

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli 26s
Nick Grossmann is the next D name to watch after Zybnek Michalek is gone. List is dwindling.

I'm ready :getin:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Naet posted:

Nonis is pretty dumb, but is he that dumb?

Not based on his recent moves. Either he got a clue or someone else is calling the shots.

The Blues are gonna look great flaming out in the first round again this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
IN YOUR FACE, SPACE COYOTE!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Levitate posted:

I will be really pissed if Nate Schmidt rides the pine while Gleason or Leopold get 18+ minutes a game. Schmidt is incredibly underrated by his own team.

On the other hand, a good point brought up by someone else was that even if Gleason sucks, Trotz will give him bigger minutes so it forces him to also play Green more at 5v5 which is a good thing. Still, I'd rather Trotz just play Green and Schmidt more.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

Edit:

Ken Campbell ‏@THNKenCampbell 3m3 minutes ago
Maple Leafs asking for Brendan Smith in deal for Dion Phaneuf. http://bit.ly/1E9BnHd

HANG UP, KEN

I'm sure Wings fans would find dumping two worthless contracts while getting a better player with retained salary acceptable, yes. Too bad that kind of trade only happens in hfboards.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Brian Flynn is cool, he works hard. Also every time he scored a goal I got to shout FLYNN LIVES! which was cool I guess if you like Tron

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

I know there were rumors about the 4yr 18mil deal but I never heard that it was final and Zucc signed it. Is it time to get paranoid again?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Koopa Kid posted:

I'm sure Wings fans would find dumping two worthless contracts while getting a better player with retained salary acceptable, yes. Too bad that kind of trade only happens in hfboards.

Look I can throw in Johan Franzen but that's the best I can do.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

JawKnee posted:

you stupid stupid man benning you are going to make me drink today aren't you

good morning thread oh i know what this coffee is missing! whiskey!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

I know there were rumors about the 4yr 18mil deal but I never heard that it was final and Zucc signed it. Is it time to get paranoid again?

Katie Strang said the deal was official last night, but then a few hours later McKenzie said that they had agreed to a deal but were still working on the specifics of the trade protection

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

Look I can throw in Johan Franzen but that's the best I can do.

Take Robidas and Tyler Bozak and you got a deal. I'll toss in a 7th rounder just to keep things square.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Koopa Kid posted:

Take Robidas and Tyler Bozak and you got a deal. I'll toss in a 7th rounder just to keep things square.

Maybe make that 7th conditional. You don't want to throw those around like nothing.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
i feel like a lot of teams have gotten a lot better in the east, and then, there but for the grace of god, there goes edmonton

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

is Ansar Khan considered a reliable Detroit source? he posted this, saying that the Wings want the Leafs to eat $2m per year of Phaneuf's salary, and that it would mean the Detroit 1st is involved in the deal

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/03/red_wings_trying_to_land_defen.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Weekes is saying Buffalo's getting calls about Stewart (expected) and Neuvirth (slightly unexpected)

Trading away Neuvirth and running with a goalie tandem of Lindback and Hackett is a good idea if you're interested in the idea of finishing in 30th place, which I am very interested in actually

• Locked thread