Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I mean I think the superveloce is extremely pretty, especially the Alpine edition :kiss:

That looks like some special edition Brutale and is kind of ugly to me

I’d also love an older F4, Senna edition is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Welp, one of my buddies who's smarter at owning cars than I am got a GT4RS ordered, arrives 'this summer'. Looking forward to a ride in that bad mofo.

He's already got a 900hp GT-R, a C8 Z06, and a ridiculous Agusta and I don't even think he even rides bieks very much..

(pic of that since I didn't even know what tf he was talking about when he announced he managed to get one of these until he sent the picture to the group text and it sure is purty)

I mean, I'd be rich too if I could time travel.

C8 Z06 isn't out yet

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

MV Agusta is the Maserati of bikes; X for rich but non-X peoples. Their only meaningful measure might as well be how much you paid for it. Categorically equivalent to Beats headphones.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

quote:

It's going to be a while before we know exactly what Porsche is doing. You have a demand order in so we should be set though!

Don't give me false hope like this. :ohdear:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Waking up in the middle of the night, running to the garage and seeing the Boxster gone! Remembering it is at a shop having the roof replaced… but what if they gently caress it up or they sell it to out of town arms dealers and disappear?!?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Buddy of mine fired me a photo. He was out with his doggo and snagged me when I was training TKD this afternoon.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

slidebite posted:

Buddy of mine fired me a photo. He was out with his doggo and snagged me when I was training TKD this afternoon.

I need all the details on that bicycle sidecar ASAP.

Also, that dog is amazing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Dude built it totally from scratch. And he's a vw nut.

Pupper is cute as hell :3:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Today has been fun. Boxster was at an upholstery place to get the top done as it was old and worn out. Expected loving around when dealing with anywhere to do with cars and they order the wrong color top so it was sitting around for a bit. Last night the place goes up in flames, building is a total loss. Only things that were saved were a boat… and my car. Everything else there is gone.

Now I the guy is just apologizing over and over about the delay and he won’t know when he can do it. I just tell him to a) look after himself b) hen you have the top and time just come to my home and do it since all your are doing is replacing the top. Like dude it is just a car and not even a practical one I need daily just put your life back together before worrying about it.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Wheel help?

My Boxster tires/wheels are the following:
205/55ZR17 91Y
235/50ZR17 96Y

7Jx17 ET55
8.5Jx17 ET40

Someone local is selling wheels w/ racing tires from a 911. All he knows is they are 5x130 bolt pattern (like mine), and from what I can glean from the pictures of the tires they are:
205/30/zr18
245/40/zr18

I know absolutely NOTHING about wheels - what do I need to know from him to know if these will fit with a minimum of adjustments?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

pipebomb posted:

Wheel help?

My Boxster tires/wheels are the following:
205/55ZR17 91Y
235/50ZR17 96Y

7Jx17 ET55
8.5Jx17 ET40

Someone local is selling wheels w/ racing tires from a 911. All he knows is they are 5x130 bolt pattern (like mine), and from what I can glean from the pictures of the tires they are:
205/30/zr18
245/40/zr18

Fronts are overall 12% smaller in diameter, rears are 5.5% smaller in diameter. I'd go with a 5.5% difference, knowing that the new wheels would cause the speedo to read lower than actual speed, but that 12% is a bit on the "big difference" side. That's not taking into account the difference in offset (may be fine, didn't run it through a calculator)

Edit: can't tell offset parameters without the ET of the wheels you're looking at (that info should be cast on the wheels).

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 12, 2022

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
more info from the seller:

"These are innsbruck victor. rear are 18x11. Front are 18 x8.1"

Presumably he meant front are 18x8?

which would make the rear these, guessing the 36mm based on the tire size?
https://www.fitmentindustries.com/b...model=Innsbruck

and the front would be https://www.fitmentindustries.com/b...model=Innsbruck ?

pipebomb fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 12, 2022

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

pipebomb posted:

more info from the seller:

"These are innsbruck victor. rear are 18x11. Front are 18 x8.1"

User image / post combo.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
I guess my question is: will these fit and is it worth the trouble to get all 4 wheels/tires for $400?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

pipebomb posted:

I guess my question is: will these fit and is it worth the trouble to get all 4 wheels/tires for $400?

With 18x11 ET36, you'd have 28mm less clearance in the rear between the tire and the inside structure, and the outside of the wheel will stick out an inch further than what you have now.

Like I said, it depends on how inset your wheels are now, and what the specs of the front are.

Edit: If the fronts are 18x8 (I'm concerned about where the "8.1" came from), the front would have 3mm less inside clearance, which I wouldn't worry about, and the wheels would stick out an additional 23mm.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 12, 2022

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Ask him what 911 they are off of.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Hypothetically, do we prefer a GT4 RS in Racing Green Metallic, like here:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/aston-martin-racing-green-porsche-911-gt3-rs-looks-astonishing-136311.html

or one in Shark Blue?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

RGM and that's knowing I'm biased towards sapphire blue so you'd think I'd be in the shark blue camp.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Bajaha posted:

RGM and that's knowing I'm biased towards sapphire blue so you'd think I'd be in the shark blue camp.

Yeah, I can't decide between the greens. Racing Green vs British Racing vs Jet Green are all possibilities depending on my mood that day.

On the other hand, shark blue is easy and cheaper.

On the other hand, my wife likes the darker greens.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 14, 2022

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Greens >>>> shark blue. But I am not really a fan of that blue (or any of the lighterish ones really)

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
I wonder how Porsche would feel about someone asking for PTS in Mazda’s soul red, objectively the best color.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

Greens >>>> shark blue. But I am not really a fan of that blue (or any of the lighterish ones really)

I just wonder if the darker greens work as well with the carbon fiber/aggressiveness of the 4RS.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I wonder how Porsche would feel about someone asking for PTS in Mazda’s soul red, objectively the best color.

That would be wicked.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Racing green metallic looks like the best green to my eye.

The correct Porsche color to get though is Miami Blue.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

I just wonder if the darker greens work as well with the carbon fiber/aggressiveness of the 4RS.

Speed yellow, problem solved :colbert:

Or, more obviously, brown so you can’t even see the CF and then you’ll totally be ‘stealth’

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Russian Bear posted:

Racing green metallic looks like the best green to my eye.

Yeah I think it looks pretty good.

quote:

The correct Porsche color to get though is Miami Blue.

No. Oh no.

TheBacon posted:

Speed yellow, problem solved :colbert:

Or, more obviously, brown so you can’t even see the CF and then you’ll totally be ‘stealth’

Yeah Speed Yellow does look pretty good!

I think if this actually happens it'll come down to me deciding whether I want to tone it down a bit and go Racing Green/BRG/Jet Green or just be new money trash in Shark Blue.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Residency Evil posted:

I think racing green metallic or BRG would both look great against the carbon. Really dark greens won't contrast as well.

https://media.porsche.com/paint-to-sample/718/racinggreenmetallic

https://media.porsche.com/paint-to-sample/718/britishracinggreen

There is also this site where you can RS the 911

https://www.ptsexplorer.com

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 15, 2022

dema
Aug 13, 2006

My next car will almost certainly been green.

Most of my cars have been blue and I'm getting a little tried of it.

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Bet it would look good. I'm personally not a fan though. My wife's CX5 is that color and I low key hate the car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

knox_harrington posted:

I think racing green metallic or BRG would both look great against the carbon. Really dark greens won't contrast as well.

https://media.porsche.com/paint-to-sample/718/racinggreenmetallic

https://media.porsche.com/paint-to-sample/718/britishracinggreen

There is also this site where you can RS the 911

https://www.ptsexplorer.com

I think it's going to be a coin flip at the end of the day. Racing Green is the frontrunner at the moment, especially since I've been looking at green cars for years now. Just don't want to make a mistake/get something that looks awful.

edit: And of course, I actually have to have my order turn in to an allocation.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 15, 2022

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Go with Green, if you decide you dislike it just get another one in a few years!

/ducks

I did get to take the Boxster out of the garage this weekend with a few breaks in the PDX weather, I am still so happy I got this thing. The new stereo makes it even more enjoyable with the top down.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I sold my 911 a couple weeks ago and am currently going through extreme withdrawals.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

AWWNAW posted:

I sold my 911 a couple weeks ago and am currently going through extreme withdrawals.

Every time I’ve sold a fun car I’ve started looking for the next one the next day.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

AWWNAW posted:

Console yourself with the gobs of money you presumably made selling it.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.
And, it’s gone.

Bass Ackwards fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 17, 2022

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

AWWNAW posted:

I think I waited a month or two too long before listing mine. Welp.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

gvibes posted:

I think I waited a month or two too long before listing mine. Welp.

Why's that?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Market seems a bit down the last month or so what with stock and cryptos. Though maybe I am making that up.

Someone buy my 50k+ mile 996 turbo for 65k.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, my brokerage account is making me feel poor. And I'm probably not the only one.

edit; on a more positive note, here are some photos from the other weekend:

Nice to get the car out for a proper drive in the mountains.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

dema posted:

Nice to get the car out for a proper drive in the mountains.

Nice.

I haven't had the courage to take mine up in to the mountains yet this year. Roads look pretty good from those pictures! Maybe I'll go this weekend!

What's that? Oh. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, about this weekend. lol.

That's Squaw Pass Rd. Been good for a couple of weeks now. Also did a few runs on on my bike. Was very clean.

Imagine it will clean up pretty quick after this upcoming storm.