Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Saga posted:

I test drove a 986, plain jane Boxster about 10 years ago and, for the all of 30 minutes I had with it, it felt like a generic big, grippy car. Granted it was a test drive in Buttfuck, PA and it was a used base model 986, but I was expecting something special because Porsche. Compared to something like a mark 2 Miata or mark 3 MR2, which I was also considering at the time, it felt less like a sports car and more like my 330ci, only with a cloth top. Lots of power, lots of grip, lots of sheet metal, so not the sort of thing you'd want to gently caress with unless you had some handy run-off and no solid obstacles in the way. Can you actually throw it around on a road and get it sliding once you get used to it? Or are they mostly only fun on a track day?

I've tooled around in my brothers 2013 cayman s and that's about how I felt about it. It's an awesome car but I feel like day to day I have more fun driving my e46 m3. The cayman was like my miata with too much grip (I'm coming from thinking a NA miata with lovely all season tires is a ton of fun to running 225/45/15 RS3s and thinking those made the Miata boring). Fast (well the miata isn't fast) and fun but the limits were way away from what you'd want to do on the street. I bet it's a loving blast on the track though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU