Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'd love a Cayman, but I'm so loving leery of issues with them. After someone here (einteir?) had his explode they've made me nervous.

That said I got to play with a 997 GT3 on some back roads a few days ago, and that thing sounded amazing when I was behind him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ColHannibal posted:

Remember to practice safe Porsche and wash your car. As I defy the law and wash my car in California.

Just don't buff it or you'll break it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ColHannibal posted:

Is this an in joke or something?

Pretty sure dude posted in this thread. He used a mechanical random orbit buffer on his Cayman and it shorted the ECU.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
They don't exist anymore. A year ago, I saw tons in the 13-17 range.

Now they're all over twenty, which kills the value proposition they had. In the teens, they were interesting. In the 20s, I'll take a 'vette.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The only IMS cure is an LS.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

DrakeriderCa posted:

I think he meant the Chebby kind of LS :v:

I'm so glad you said this because gently caress me I was confused.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Larrymer posted:

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-69645.html

I bought the cheapest of cheap ones there years ago and it still hasn't died, or caught fire. I'm pretty sure you can get $10 coupons for them pretty regularly, or at least you used to be able to. It doesn't have a ton of power but it's been more than fine for cutting sheet metal or bolts when I've used it.

They've gotten worse. My ancient one is still kicking. My new version of it has been replaced 4 times, and even the one that 'works' will stop and pour smoke if used for more than about 90 seconds.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

willie_dee posted:

Anyone know why Caymans are a premium over the equivalent Boxster? Are they not just the same car with a fixed roof?

Because a roadster is a much harder sell, and they still have girl car stigma.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ibntumart posted:

Do you mean Boxsters or convertibles/roadsters/spyders in general? I thought that bit of idiocy had died out.

Boxsters. Although any small convertible is still going to have the same stigma attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dave Inc. posted:

I thought my 996 shifter was okay, but it's definitely not a S2000 shifter.

If you ever want to enjoy a shifter, you can never drive an S2000. I don't even like the car but my god that trans.