Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's March, which means it's time to get ready for Gaming St. Patrick's day!

Don't do anything stupid that will get you banned or probated please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hi

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

some games releasing this month which i have mild interest in but will probably not purchase include mario v. donkey kong, mario party 10, and sid meier's starships.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
Frankly someone should nuke this thread and make a second bloodborne thread in its retarded place

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ground floor

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

kevin mung posted:

Frankly someone should nuke this thread and make a second bloodborne thread in its retarded place

Someone should make a second bloodborne thread anyways because more people posting threads would be fun and bloodborne looks amazing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

are there any good 4X space games released recently so they are all pretty? i only know about the sid meier one because of brand recognition and i am guessing it will probably be a bit mediocre.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Bicyclops posted:

are there any good 4X space games released recently so they are all pretty? i only know about the sid meier one because of brand recognition and i am guessing it will probably be a bit mediocre.

Endless Space was pretty good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you for using my accurate thread title, Widestancer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Widestancer? I 'ardly know 'er!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Excuse me?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Bloodborne looks pretty good, I skipped DS2 but I'm going to buy Bloodborne because the PS4 has no other games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry, let me enunciate:

Widestancer? I hardly know her!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

new thread title is well and approved

what are you all going to play tonight?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm going to play the game where I drive my tiny little car into a possible rain or snow storm down long and winding country roads into literal Indian Territory.

if I survive that I'll probably play Final Fantasy 14 or something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Problem Sleuth posted:

Endless Space was pretty good

Hm, thanks. Maybe that's one for me to consider once i get through some more hyrule warriors and beat mother 3.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the opening to mario vs DK is a still image of dk stealing a girl

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

pretty sure they only made that game to get some use out of the Pauline model they made for Smash 4.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Hm, thanks. Maybe that's one for me to consider once i get through some more hyrule warriors and beat mother 3.

Endless Space is nice looking and has a good interface but it's really bland and the combat and research are both horrible IMO. I'd pay maybe $5 for it at most, but some people seem to still like it.

Unfortunately Space 4x seems kinda poo poo these days in general. Distant Worlds was pretty decent but it's ugly as sin and it has the worst interface of a 4x game I've seen since the DOS era.

I'm curious about Star Ruler 2 but the first one was not very good so I don't have a whole lot of hopes.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
GalCiv 3 is coming out pretty soon, it's in early access now

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

whoa! Page one and we've got a Brad Wardell game. starting off with a bang here. :munch:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all i know about wardell is he said some creepy things about a female employee and the thread title for one of his games had something to do with beekeeping

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

all i know about wardell is he said some creepy things about a female employee and the thread title for one of his games had something to do with beekeeping
He said that bee allergies weren't real so he brought a bunch of bees to work to prove to an employee who was allergic that he wasn't allergic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was drinking some water when I read that post and I nearly choked, jesus christ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I was drinking some water when I read that post and I nearly choked, jesus christ
I usually don't give a poo poo about developer drama but there's nothing about that story I don't love.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

he had access to bees because he is an amateur beekeeper, and a goober.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A dude with bee powers was one of the Vigilante 8 in the game Vigilante 8.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

beads?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Brad's not on board.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FactsAreUseless posted:

He said that bee allergies weren't real so he brought a bunch of bees to work to prove to an employee who was allergic that he wasn't allergic.

this is amazing

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The only system with Games coming out for it is the PS4 it seems.

Wii-U and Xbox One releases are sparse or in limbo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hahah holy poo poo what was the outcome of this?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPc9Z2Dn94U

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Brad: To the beemobile!!

*brad leaves to the parking lot, only to find his car was towed because he parked it in a handicapped space and proudly posted pictures of it on twitter*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wardell, to last remaining employee after bee incident: "So uh... what's your bra size?"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The only system with Games coming out for it is the PS4 it seems.

Wii-U and Xbox One releases are sparse or in limbo.

Flower is one of the top 3 bestsellers for PS4

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Just beat hotline miami and fire emblem awakening. Both good games made by people who like to play games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

Flower is one of the top 3 bestsellers for PS4

Flower is just an amazing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The gift of bees. It's too perfect.