Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it sounds really good: event cards, durations are back, and cards that you keep in reserve until you need them. sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Please change the name of this thread to "Magic the Gathering Megathread"

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please change the name of this thread to "Magic the Gathering Megathread"

This is the Dominion thread, which is a different game from Magic: The Gathering.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This is the Dominion thread, which is a different game from Magic: The Gathering.
Is it?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dominionstrategy hasn't released anything other than the box art, but here you go

may as well put up the flavor text description too

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. You’re not sure which, but at least you’ve narrowed it down. You are rich with life experiences, but have had trouble trading them for goods and services. It’s time to seek your fortune, or anyone’s really, whoever’s is closest. To the west there’s a land of milk and honey, full of giant bees and monstrous cows. To the east, a land of eggs and licorice. To the north, treacherous swamps; to the south, loyal jungles. But all of them have been thoroughly pillaged. You’ve heard legends though of a fifth direction, as yet unspoiled, with its treasures conveniently gathered into troves. You have your sword and your trail mix, handed down from your father, and his father before him. You’ve recruited some recruits and hired some hirelings; you’ve shined your armor and distressed a damsel. You put up a sign saying “Gone Adventuring.” Then you put up another sign, saying “Beware of Dog,” in case people get any ideas. You’re ready. You saddle up your trusty steed, and head florst.

This is the 9th addition to the game of Dominion. It has 400 cards, 6 mats, and 60 tokens. There are 30 new Kingdom cards, including the return of Duration cards that do things on future turns, plus Reserve cards that can be saved for the right moment. There are also 20 Event cards that give you something to buy besides cards, including tokens that modify cards.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol you didnt even wait for the cardlist to post this thread? scrub

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gas this trashheap

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
I played one game of Dominion one time with 4 other peeps was p fun.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

kill you are self posted:

I played one game of Dominion one time with 4 other peeps was p fun.

gently caress yeah. Nothin like crackin some brews and smoking a weede with some peeps and playing games - its p. much v. epic win, imho.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
v. x. vaccarino

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

weve already got a board game thread

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Emptyquote this if you remember the mothershitting 90s.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Scyther posted:

weve already got a board game thread

new threads for every dominion expansion are ycs tradition

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Countblanc posted:

new threads for every dominion expansion are ycs tradition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8sFE8_usN0

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
thread not about dominions 4 and thereforer fail goodbye

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

XD

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Das Butterbrot posted:

thread not about dominions 4 and thereforer fail goodbye

shut up dweeb

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

still waiting on the new tanto cuore expansion

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's 30 cards, so i'm excited.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

homeless snail posted:

still waiting on the new tanto cuore expansion

i bought TC at gencon 3 year s ago

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

imj really excited about this

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CuddlyZombie posted:

imj really excited about this

me too. but for some reason i thought donald x had said guilds was it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Guilds was the end of cards dxv had tested in the original bunch iirc, Adventures is likely the publisher saying "more!"

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I only played the base game. What's "cool" about these expansions.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

dude, almost all of them are a lot better than the base game

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I thought this was going to be about those terrible Dominions strategy games. I am pleased to see that that is not the case. Game on with my blessing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

the dude that designed dominion made a million cards before the game even came out so they had to split it up into multiple boxes, the base box is like 1/7th of a full game and only has the least complex baby cards. some of the expansions kinda suck though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

homeless snail posted:

the dude that designed dominion made a million cards before the game even came out so they had to split it up into multiple boxes, the base box is like 1/7th of a full game and only has the least complex baby cards. some of the expansions kinda suck though

i think the only one i don't like is alchemy, tbh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

gently caress yeah. Nothin like crackin some brews and smoking a weede with some peeps and playing games - its p. much v. epic win, imho.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was going to get guilds recently, but now i'm going to wait for this. thanks for reading my post.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i was going to get guilds recently, but now i'm going to wait for this. thanks for reading my post.

You're welcome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Bored" Games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Borad games. very niiiice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

get both, guilds rules

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
what the heck is dominion??

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Miltank posted:

what the heck is dominion??

Magic: the Gathering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU