Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
*turns on tv*

*punches card*

*sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I hope Jagr can pull Huberdeau back to the way he was playing with the Sea Dogs. People always seem to focus on his goal scoring when his best asset was always setting up other scorers.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Aye Doc posted:

i'm reluctant to attribute it all to Double J, but the young dudes have all looked a ton better and more decisive with their actions since he got to town

e: also, i imagine all advice jagr gives them starts with "listen up, slapnuts..."

I'm fairly confident in my own bullshit that Jagr's primary role for the next year or two is to help Gallant and Luongo train all these young players. If the perpetual motion machine that is Jagr can't teach them something about conditioning and offense, I'm not sure who can.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Uh oh.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I love that picture of Luongo they just had up. He looks like he just farted and is trying not to laugh.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Honestly, this has been a pretty good game so far.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Mind_Taker posted:

I understand an instigator if someone starts a fight after a clean hit, but if the ref calls a penalty for charging, the instigator shouldn't apply. Ugh I just hate gutless refs who are afraid to make the right call.

Wait, they gave an instigator to someone who was called for charging? How does that work?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
That was a bit weak, Bernier.

-e- Not that the D shouldn't have even let that happen in the first place.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 4, 2015

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Mind_Taker posted:

Boll charged Latta, Wilson drops gloves to defend Latta who is down on the ice, Wilson gets an instigator

While I think the instigator rule is stupid since it doesn't actually deter anyone, with that explanation I could see why it would be called. The second you start a fight (however justified) from a previous action that you weren't directly part of (Wilson choosing to fight is a choice rather than a requirement of the charge), you would be instigating it.

Also Ramo :stare:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
TOO MUCH MAN

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: Bozak? :siren:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

I really think that shouldn't have been called, based on the last time I read the rule.

I don't see why he should get a penalty if he doesn't know where the puck is to not play it.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Kessel... angry...

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I'm not even watching this game but I wanted to say that I hope the Panthers win. Embrace the tank.

Well don't I have good news for you!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Kadri just threw Campbell.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

communist kangaroo posted:

clarkson with an upper body injury

:cawg:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Trevor Bird posted:

i blame acquiring 2 toronto players. franson still can't skate.

No backsies.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: Kadri resists the lure of the tank. Give in Kadri, give in! :siren:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
They're going to strap a few forwards to the posts.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Well so much for the tank. Time to stack the stats I guess.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Goalies around the world are pointing to this game and going "loving SEE. ASSHOLES."

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Keep firing you assholes!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Rand McNally posted:

Okay, as a Leafs fan, this is great. I've always wanted to see this. Plus, we might win!

But probably won't.

See, I'm very much conflicted by this.

Pros:

I get to see the monstrosity that is two injured goalies.

I still like seeing Toronto win.

Cons:

I want Toronto to lose.

This seems wrong for some reason. Like I might need to take a shower afterwards.

I can't Siren for any of these goals.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Verviticus posted:

is there a stream for this? I usually watch a canucks-only stream

https://wiz1.net/channel23

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Rand McNally posted:

You know, the Leafs could take advantage of this if they would get into the loving zone

If Toronto loses in spite of this, I go to sleep a happy man.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Lu? :vince:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

I want that shirt.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Come on, Florida. If you win the game, this all happens, AND Polak is gone?

:gizz:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Jagr deserves to sail off into the sunset in Florida. Here's to at least three more seasons of him as a panther

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure he's just here to train all these young players. The Florida experiment is going to be scary if it keeps going in this direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Pungry posted:

what could've been a huge win for the Panthers is probably the loss that dooms them... :negative:

Well if it makes you feel any better, if you're going to go out, you should go with a bang. Or possibly a pop in this case.

• Locked thread