Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

What is the case on Meinberg?

Excessive lurking, preceded by a weak casing on me, as if he was trying to generate a target and then fly under the radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Okay good. I'm not just being useless. Everyone go read macs contributions leading up To the vote on pmush. He just gives up and embraces his scum agenda when he realized the thread was direction less. His post sows more doubt and chaos rather than plays towards a town goal.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey guys, sorry about not being around much lately. There's been a lot of conversation, and I was putting the forum largely on the backburner over the weekend. I'll try to catch up before the deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

Okay good. I'm not just being useless. Everyone go read macs contributions leading up To the vote on pmush. He just gives up and embraces his scum agenda when he realized the thread was direction less. His post sows more doubt and chaos rather than plays towards a town goal.

I can kind of see where you are coming from. Don't you pretty much always think mac is scummy though?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Also reminder that you should vote tonight! Voting is important, since I'm presuming scum are voting too, and if you don't vote then you're effectively handing them a bunch of powers.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can kind of see where you are coming from. Don't you pretty much always think mac is scummy though?

Yes but if you recall his past few games he just trolls during d1 and he flipped town there. Here he's invested into no one plorping him for lurking.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, sorry about not being around much lately. There's been a lot of conversation, and I was putting the forum largely on the backburner over the weekend. I'll try to catch up before the deadline.

You've expressed one opinion so far, and that's on me. I want to hear if you'll stand by it or not.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

You've expressed one opinion so far, and that's on me. I want to hear if you'll stand by it or not.

Nah, that was me making a joke vote.

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

Yes but if you recall his past few games he just trolls during d1 and he flipped town there. Here he's invested into no one plorping him for lurking.

I DO recall! Good point!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Nah, that was me making a joke vote.

##unvote

Okay.

I'm sorry, but my opinion on you remains unchanged.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

wall monitor posted:

Also reminder that you should vote tonight! Voting is important, since I'm presuming scum are voting too, and if you don't vote then you're effectively handing them a bunch of powers.

Very much this. Need to vote and pass your ballot on before the hammer.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Repeating that I voted for byers to be copped, because he is a strong player and his alignment is useful to be confirmed in either direction. Another reminder that's is prob best to doc the cop target night 1, docs.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Murder 2 win... noooooooooo

Come on, let's see a case that's so good that I feel like an idiot for even considering that you might be scum!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Voter 4 may still be meinburg, who may have misposted in voter 1's column midway through.

His lack of presence in the doc would also be very meinburg like.

I mean, bottom line, either Voter 4 is Meinberg, or one of our mystery voter 1 chatters said they were Meinberg for some reason.

Voter 4 confirmed as Meinberg, just fyi.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing this at all.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

King Burgundy posted:

Voter 4 confirmed as Meinberg, just fyi.
So Meinberg was in the doc a lot of the day despite not being posting here, and was lurking the doc as well, then left when called out?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing this at all.

Posts like this:

Little Mac posted:

I see a lot of ballot conversation but not a lot of scumhunting. Like we can do whatever we want to control the ballots but I think more important is actually finding and plorping scum.

This is what the OP says happens with the votes, yes? It's not majority in the voting booths but a randomized winner.

Come off as very scummy to me.

Also his grand revelation from his post recaping the day was that he didn't have any strong feelings at all. He's been conversational but he never presses any points.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

So Meinberg was in the doc a lot of the day despite not being posting here, and was lurking the doc as well, then left when called out?

No. That part was weird google docs stuff, I think.

Meinberg was the person posting as voter 1 because he didn't realize there were assigned numbers. So Meinberg was in the doc at the start posting stuff, just in the wrong place. Then he vanished until just now. Little Mac was missing from the doc from the beginning and showed up earlier tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Posts like this:

Come off as very scummy to me.

Also his grand revelation from his post recaping the day was that he didn't have any strong feelings at all. He's been conversational but he never presses any points.

Oh, that one I agree with. I think I may have pointed it out earlier. I meant his recent reappearance in the thread. Ernie seems to think that was super scummy, but the new posts don't look bad to me at all.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I tend to leave my docs permanently open in tabs, even if I don't look at them much. Yes, I'm voter 4 in the roleblock room, and yes I'm an idiot who didn't see the part where I was assigned a voter number with my ballot.

I'm still catching up now, but I have some ~gut~ feelings.

Also, I'm torn whether Option B or Option C, as laid out by Asiina, is the best one. Today at least, there's almost certainly at least one scum in each room, so revealing target information would give the scum a large advantage in working around it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm looking at it from a town goals mindset. Mac isn't helping the town he's helping himself with those posts.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote PMush

I'm going for the two-fer here, I think PMush is scummy and I think

Ernie. posted:

is Ernie running interference. I find it hard to believe that Ernie would read that interaction and not comment on all about PMush, only Mac.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I should get some opinions out, because Mac's right about one thing, I haven't really been talking about anything but my feelings on somber.

It's kinda meta, but I'm completely unwilling to vote KingB unless something massive changes, mostly because he's replacing Asiina.

Ernie is jumping back and forth between Serious and Jokey in a way I'm not sure how to read.

Wall Monitor is kinda OMGUSing at Meinberg, but it feels genuine.

Hal came out of nowhere with the "posts like this seem very scummy to me" thing about Mac without really making any comments about people's scumminess or lack thereof previously. He's not defending one of his own cases, and he's not making one, as there was no vote. Just "this seems very scummy". So I have to wonder what the motivation of that post was. To look like he's contributing? I'd vote Hal.

In fact, ##vote Hal Incandenza. Would definitely still vote Somber. Would also go along with a lurker lynch to avoid a no-lynch. PMom was my choice by default because of the old running gag, but I'm pretty ambivalent about any of them.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote PMush

is Ernie running interference. I find it hard to believe that Ernie would read that interaction and not comment on all about PMush, only Mac.

I like this post because it actually clearly understands how I play scum. :D

That said pmush is probably town because Mac parked his vote on her.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote PMush

This is really interesting.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

One more before bed:

This post pings me weird, because I was under the impression that all townies were Vanilla. We have potential to access Cop/Doc/RB every night through the vote instead of relying on keeping a power role player alive, so to me that's already pretty pro-town. I was already assuming that scum are the ones whose abilities are tied to a single user, which makes Meinberg's thought process here seem possibly faked. It also doesn't really say much: "roleblock is potentially strong if it's anti-scum, but we have no way of telling if it is, but we have to use it"

Meinberg - got any cases?

Noticed this in my read-through:

One person from each ballot room will perform the action of that room. It's entirely possible that the random chance of choosing who performs the action will be the target of the roleblock. Having the roleblock land on the person performing the doc would suck is all I'm saying.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would also go along with a lurker lynch to avoid a no-lynch.

It's plurality.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

I like this post because it actually clearly understands how I play scum. :D

That said pmush is probably town because Mac parked his vote on her.

I feel like the only way I could really take the case on Mac seriously is if I see how PMush flips. Otherwise I can't see how one could feel that strongly about Mac based on that one vote.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If pmush flips scum will you all just forgive me especially little Mac?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

This is the entirety of Meinberg's non-jokeposting so far. Fingering me for something I think was kinda weak, then making a single statement of speculation about scumpowers.

Yeah, I'm feeling good about this one.

##vote Meinberg

This is a bad case.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

This is a bad case.

ah ha.

ah ha ha ha ha ha.

ah hah ha hah ha hah hah.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you crack me up

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Either you're scum flying under the radar or you're a lurker who went two RL days without posting

Either one is no real loss

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Either you're scum flying under the radar or you're a lurker who went two RL days without posting

Either one is no real loss

Hm, not posting on the weekend on D1, yes that's sure a sign of poor moral character.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Hm, not posting on the weekend on D1, yes that's sure a sign of poor moral character.

true town is glued to their keyboards 24/7

on that note I'm going to bed, night all, vote meinberg

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

true town is glued to their keyboards 24/7

on that note I'm going to bed, night all, vote meinberg

More seriously, my initial vote on wall monitor was a joke vote, and in response, he's been acting incredibly defensive throughout the game. And now he's trying to make my points seem less significant just because of my tendency to lurk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

don't vote meinberg, he's not a bad guy

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

If pmush flips scum will you all just forgive me especially little Mac?

I'll always forgive! ....but I never forget.

Actually, who am I kidding, I forget things all the time. Hopefully we'll just hit scum on tonight's cop investigation and D2 will be nice and simple :)

I'll be around for a little bit but need to go to sleep soon. Right now it's PMush for me unless there's a really compelling case somewhere else.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

don't vote meinberg, he's not a bad guy

Ok.

##vote Hal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But seriously, who should we vote for Hal? :)

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Okay, I don't have any cases. I do, however, have some thoughts.

Jon Joe feels like he's not really contributing to the game, while trying to appear to contribute. When Somber calls him out, Jon Joe attempts to shift attention onto Somber. I don't like how dismissive Somber is being of the setup speculation, but on the other hand, that sort of behavior is fitting in with Somber's ~meta~. I also get a lot of false scum gutreads on Somber, and the interaction between Jon Joe did not feel like scum-scum. I'm definitely leaning Jon Joe on this.

I don't see the PMush case myself, could anyone explain it to me?

Out of the people in my doc, I'm leaning most scum on Little Mac. I don't like how long it took him to show up, and how he was able to use his appearance in the doc into putting pressure onto me. Byers actually doing so feels in line with Byers as I know, and I can see his logic and intent even if it's incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

But seriously, who should we vote for Hal? :)

Little Mac jumps out more than anyone to me in my admittedly thin reading of the thread. I am reluctant to vote him because I have incorrectly voted him out a few times lately, but Ernie's point that he's being more serious than he has been in recent games is valid. It does seem like he is trying to nonchalantly be more concerned than usual with how he appears.

• Locked thread