Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Fine. gently caress you guys.

Somber's confrontational scum. Hal's pretending-to-contribute scum. KingB is basically confirmed town, just being a doofus.

I forgot Fast Luck was playing at all. Look into him as lurker scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Wait, what?

How does that make any sense? You lynch me, which... somehow gives you insight on Ernie's alignment? If I was scum, what would stop me from lying about where I sent it? Or sending it to someone who people think I'm scumbuddies with to make them look bad?

MT has a couple posts about it that convinced me. I'm sure you've seen them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't really, in any fairness, comment on the honesty or fakeness of MT's posts. She always pings me as scum, and I'm never sure why. You're still making a mistake, though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Somber still looks awful. Not that I've played hundreds of games with him, but he got p. unhinged there.

I wish to clarify this for Meinberg to allay his concerns here:

Meinberg posted:

And here he is, advocating for a lurker vote out, not caring whether said lurker is town or not:

in regards to:

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also my room has one lurker and I'm in favor of hitting a lurker instead of Somber if possible. Assuming no scum PRs that would interfere, killing town will statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not. Offing lurkers is more beneficial than normal, I think.

Obviously I care who's town, for starters; if you think I'd care otherwise, even as scum, you're a bit silly.

My point was that any kill's a good kill, in that killed players will distribute their ballots randomly. We still want to hit scum but we have 0% risk of hitting, say, the town's only cop. Lurking does not assist the town, and especially so in a game where there are no "PRs" to kill. Moreover, a possible scum tactic would be to pass their votes to a lurker in the hopes that they... lurk... and fail to use their votes, passing them randomly (hopefully to another scum).

I would not feel bad about killing a lurker tomorrow if we can't get Somber tomorrow. I really do think he's reacting poorly!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jon joe posted:

Will vote pmush to avoid nolynch, but prefer hal (and more prefer bigger lurkers)

Beaten on this, but wanted to add my own commentary.

Convince me to vote Hal over Pmush. I'm still waffling and I'll think about it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa PMush don't front, I'm not even pretending to contribute.

I agree with everyone saying that somber is scummy though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal jumped right into the middle of the scumminess conversation with exactly one post, didn't vote the person he had reasons for, then kinda just made some white noise, then dropped votes on Somber then me, both of them really obvious :bandwagon: votes.

If you lynch me, at least cop him or something, for gently caress's sake.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fine. gently caress you guys.

Somber's confrontational scum. Hal's pretending-to-contribute scum. KingB is basically confirmed town, just being a doofus.

I forgot Fast Luck was playing at all. Look into him as lurker scum.

I don't really think Fast Luck has been lurking. Why would King possibly be confirmed town?

Sorry ya'll, I got caught up doing chores and playing Orc Pokemon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I don't really think Fast Luck has been lurking. Why would King possibly be confirmed town?

Sorry ya'll, I got caught up doing chores and playing Orc Pokemon.
KingB is replacing for Asiina.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Beaten on this, but wanted to add my own commentary.

Convince me to vote Hal over Pmush. I'm still waffling and I'll think about it.

Hal is lurker without substantial opinions. PMush has more opinions. Hal > Pmush 4 scum.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Epsilon Plus posted:

My point was that any kill's a good kill

uhhhhh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jon joe posted:

Hal is lurker without substantial opinions. PMush has more opinions. Hal > Pmush 4 scum.

##vote Hal

I'm going to keep everyone guessing until deadline. 10 minutes!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hal jumped right into the middle of the scumminess conversation with exactly one post, didn't vote the person he had reasons for, then kinda just made some white noise, then dropped votes on Somber then me, both of them really obvious :bandwagon: votes.

If you lynch me, at least cop him or something, for gently caress's sake.

Well duh I'm obviously going to put my vote wherever it needs to be to keep me from being killed. I know I'm town, I don't have anything other than notions of what everyone else is. I'm not trying to pretend otherwise. I think Somber would be a better vote than you, Little Mac would about the same as you and Hiipfire would be my top choice since I don't feel like I am deep enough into this game to feel great about any of that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

KingB is replacing for Asiina.

Note that she did replace out though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well duh I'm obviously going to put my vote wherever it needs to be to keep me from being killed.
I stand corrected. Hal is not scum.

Hal is a Survivor.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hal is a Survivor.

What

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Poison Mushroom

Not feeling a Hal vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hal is a Survivor.

lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Note that she did replace out though.

Do you honestly not think Asiina was town? For real?

What Asiina did was the towniest thing I've ever seen. Before I replaced in I knew she was town with confidence.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He's concerned with self-preservation. But scum wouldn't be that obvious about it. The only reason to make it that obvious is if he's breadcrumbing for a later Survivor claim.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

He's concerned with self-preservation. But scum wouldn't be that obvious about it. The only reason to make it that obvious is if he's breadcrumbing for a later Survivor claim.

I mean, I think he's just voting to keep himself alive. Immediately jumping to survivor is a big jump to make.

There are some pretty insane things being said in this last hour, just saying!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Asiina didn't do any scumhunting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Concerned primarily. Everyone wants to keep playing, obviously, but Hal just admitted that he's not voting to find scum, he's voting to survive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

FOR gently caress'S SAKE PLEASE LYNCH SOMBER TOMORROW.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Hahahah, oh man.

If it wasn't too late to switch to you, I would. You are loving ridiculous.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

I mean, I think he's just voting to keep himself alive. Immediately jumping to survivor is a big jump to make.

Yeah, what else would you do in a plurality situation when you are the leading vote getter? I mean I just assume we are all vanilla so no reason to lay down for anyone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Asiina posted:

gently caress it, I'm not going to spend time with a bunch of whiners who aren't even going to try because it might be hard :qq:

You all deserve to lose.

I'm out, find a replacement.

Removing this thread from my bookmarks. Good luck idiots.

##vote Somberbrero

From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For town's sake, I spit my last vote at thee.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Somber is really mad town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Please show me a post where Asiina gave alignment calls.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

Her meltdown was the most real, visceral frustrated townie meltdown I've ever seen. I doubt scum would quit the game because people wouldn't work together to break the game and win. KB is not 100% confirmed or anything but on day one that's as close as we're getting imo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is ridiculous.

##vote Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not mad, I just don't know what game most of you are playing. I don't think it's Mafia. I'm super confused as to why disagreement about subjective stuff, essentially whether or not you think MMM made an easily broken game, is indicative of alignment.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

don't kill somber

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not mad, I just don't know what game most of you are playing. I don't think it's Mafia. I'm super confused as to why disagreement about subjective stuff, essentially whether or not you think MMM made an easily broken game, is indicative of alignment.

It's not. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

There is no way you've been playing mafia all this time and not realized that the tone behind peoples posts. WHY they are posting things. Is the most important thing there is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think Somber would be a better vote than you
Well, Hal? You're the linchpin on Somber getting executed over me. Yet you're nowhere to be found all of a sudden.

Hal confirmed for Somber's scumbro. If you don't lynch one of them tomorrow, you all deserve to lose.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Somberbrero

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Why would a scum player meltdown and quit because town wouldn't work together? Unless she was going to quit all along and faked the meltdown to build town cred for her replacement. I don't believe that, though, that's just the only possible way she could be scum.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, Hal? You're the linchpin on Somber getting executed over me. Yet you're nowhere to be found all of a sudden.

Hal confirmed for Somber's scumbro. If you don't lynch one of them tomorrow, you all deserve to lose.

Little Mac posted:

...a big jump to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

Her meltdown was the most real, visceral frustrated townie meltdown I've ever seen. I doubt scum would quit the game because people wouldn't work together to break the game and win. KB is not 100% confirmed or anything but on day one that's as close as we're getting imo

I've worked to 'break the game' multiple times as scum. It's not hard to fake.

Emotionality is a tool used by bad town and good scum.

Asiina hates playing scum and I don't see her abandoning the game as necessarily town play. What, she just got so mad that I disagreed with her speculation that she had to leave? Couldn't she have called someone, anyone, scum before she did that?

• Locked thread