Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

This concept intrigues and frightens me! I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Okay! I am ready to commit election fraud not commit election fraud!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

MildManeredManikin posted:

plurality execution btw guys

Oh! interesting. So the person who gets the most votes gets euphemized regardless of if they have majority or not?

What happens if there's a tie?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Actually question, what if there's a x-way tie for one of the roles? What happens then?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

A thought: should we publicly claim who we're passing ballots to? I can kind of envision scum getting their hands on the majority of ballots and then endlessly passing them around to themselves. Public ballot passing claims might keep that from happening.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Scum can't pass to scum.

Yes, you're right, this is in the rules and I forgot.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

##vote wall monitor

Or was it... a gambit!?!?!!!??!

lol

Nah I actually did gloss over that part of the rules.

And on re-reading the rules... it's looking like there's no mod confirmation on what the three powers are?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

HiipFire posted:

i voted for myself, and gave the ballot to something special, i hope you'll use it more wisely than me

also im gonna try to stay in the top 5 posters throughout this game, i hope you'll appreciate me posting alot

This suggests at least one power is beneficial to the target?

I don't want to have us claim which group we're in but scum probably can figure this out pretty quickly since they've got 3/4(?) people probably scattered throughout the voting groups already, so I think it'd benefit town to figure it out

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

All the tswift avatars make it hard to tell who's who.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Okay after sleeping on it my thoughts:

Ballot tracking is potentially a good idea, because town generally benefits from having more information out there

Having it known who got what ballot is potentially bad, though, since scum might have powers that necessitate or work more effectively if they know who has what ballot

Any information we get is still potentially suspect since scum might have powers that affect where ballots end up, or steal them, etc?

And in any case scum can simply lie about where they sent ballots to and then claim interference if someone calls them on it, further muddying the waters.

So given the above, I'm going to say that doing any sort of immediate claiming is not in town's best interest? But doing a D1 claim two days later on D3, when the info might be useful to town but less useful to scum (since by then it's much harder to use it to determine who has what ballot right then and there) might work out better? Thoughts?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I had considered trying to brute force out who was scum by having everyone pass D1 ballots to the next person down on the OP roster, then pass D2 ballots to the second person down etc, and look for inconsistencies that'd indicate two people who couldn't pass ballots to each other.

It falls apart if scum have any destination-altering capabilities, though

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ernie. posted:

this is a scum post

like this is the kind of information that we will anyway have in d2 when people start going 'yesterday i was in the ___ ballot'

delaying it gives us no advantage whatsoever

this post is motivated by being seen as helping the town but it has no actual townie basis for its existence

##vote wall monitor

Honestly your opinion on me sounds manufactured. You disagree with my strategy, sure thing no problem. I was suggesting holding off claims till D3 because I'm paranoid about what scum can do with their knowledge, especially if we're also announcing who we passed ballots to.

Saying that I'm trying to delay claims to sabotage town... I really don't see it. If true that'd be a stupidly transparent attempt at sabotage for a one day claim delay...

It really sounds like you're trying to find something to draw suspicion to me for.

##vote Ernie

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ernie. posted:

your first sentence contradicts the post i replied to. the post i replied to specifically says that we should withhold announcing the ballot abilities (it's independent of the ballot passing mechanic). there's no way the claims would have been held till d3 because everyone on d2 would have announced what ballot they held the previous day anyway.

i didn't say delaying claims sabotages town, i said it doesn't give us an advantage. and announcing that you want to delay the information gathering phase has no townie motivation whatsoever

and i'm keeping where my vote is because you've intentionally misconstrued everything in my post to create a narrative where you could vote me so okay there

Okay this was my bad, I wasn't looking too closely at the post you were quoting and thought it was the one where I was calling for D3 claims

##unvote Sorry

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

wall monitor get a backbone

I really did make a mistake, it was a couple of hours between posting and then reading Ernie's reactions to them and so I got all confused and :derp:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm mostly embarassed and unhappy right now

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Deadline is in about 24 hours. I have an irrational hatred of no-euphemism D1's and might just hammer myself rather than let D1 go without a euphemism, if it looks like it might go that way.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Plurality vote, there will never be a no lynch this game unless we intend it to happen.

Boy I just suck at reading posts today don't I

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

wall monitor is scum; he didn't even respond to my vote on him which I didn't bothering making a case for, because he can't. His vote on Ernie was that bad, he even knew to remove it as soon as Ernie responded to it.

loving hell, I've been told in the past that making a big deal about getting voted on is something only scum would do, and here I'm being told that not defending yourself is something only scum would do. Which the gently caress is it?

I've said repeatedly that I messed up, that I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have and thought Ernie was quoting another one of my posts, and in that context the statements he made made me think he was scum. Once the context was changed I likewise changed my vote.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Little Mac posted:

I was just looking over wall and this post seems really townie to me. Even though he obviously means "enthusiasm," I think it's coming from a townie perspective. The vote on Ernie is bad but eh. This doesn't read like defeated scum, especially when he's only -3.

No I actually do mean euphemism, it's my response to the people who're pushing to stop using the word lynch due to political correctness and inserting various euphemisms instead. So my thought was to just take the direct route and use 'euphemism' as a euphemism for lynch.

So instead of saying 'let's lynch someone', I say 'let's euphemize someone'

It's a stupid word-swap choice on purpose and I look forward to the day when people start using lynch again.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Depending on context, both can be scummy.

And I voted you based on the context you thought you were voting. The post you thought he'd quoted was the post about waiting three days. I've stated before that your plan was a perfect plan for scum to concoct to make ballot tracking and such worthless. You voted Ernie in reaction to thinking he'd cased that post. Even if he had, I find you're kneejerk aggressive defense to be scummy.

I don't even loving know anymore. I can't win with you, can I?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Maybe I'm weird but I like the rules and strategy debates...

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Asiina posted:

gently caress it, I'm not going to spend time with a bunch of whiners who aren't even going to try because it might be hard :qq:

You all deserve to lose.

I'm out, find a replacement.

Removing this thread from my bookmarks. Good luck idiots.

also holy poo poo, so much ragequit here.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I think in this sort of game with crazy rules, not being even willing to engage on setup spec is especially scummy, so I think Somber is king scum right now.

##vote Somber

Good enough for me.

##vote Somber

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

MildManeredManikin posted:

As for deadline extensions, I'll gauge the thread 'a response. Do you guys think we need an extension?

I think maybe an extra 12-24 hours would be nice to accomodate replacements.

As the foremost voting target I am slightly biased in this situation, however.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

what does this even mean, Ernie!

It's honestly pretty funny that I keep getting lunched/vig killed over and over because of strange meta arguments. I really have to wonder what my posting looks like from an outside perspective where I have to deal with this constantly as town but am never really bothered as scum.

It's that avatar, man. I'm sorry.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

If it helps, I'm constantly getting nightkilled in all my games.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hmm, lemme think. (I'll vote by deadline, promise) [b]##unvote[/b[

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

##unvote

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I still like Somber as a D1 target but gut is telling me to put some thought down first

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Roleblocker Room Voter 4 is scum. Also won't tell us anything, but yeah, scum.

Is this a read or a proof thing (ex: he slipped up and said 'I am groot scum'

Without revealing which room I'm in, I've got my own read on one of the voters there.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

##vote wall monitor

Or was it... a gambit!?!?!!!??!

Meinberg posted:

My only concern with a truly open sharing of information is that it would allow scum, whatever their powers are, to be more efficient at using them.

The roleblock power seems like it could be potentially very powerful, if the scum are the ones whose abilities are more tied to a single user, but that with the random distribution of action, that it could also prove to be accidentally disastrous. Still, I don't think there's an option to not use a given power on a night.

This is the entirety of Meinberg's non-jokeposting so far. Fingering me for something I think was kinda weak, then making a single statement of speculation about scumpowers.

Yeah, I'm feeling good about this one.

##vote Meinberg

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

What is the case on Meinberg?

Excessive lurking, preceded by a weak casing on me, as if he was trying to generate a target and then fly under the radar.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Also reminder that you should vote tonight! Voting is important, since I'm presuming scum are voting too, and if you don't vote then you're effectively handing them a bunch of powers.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, sorry about not being around much lately. There's been a lot of conversation, and I was putting the forum largely on the backburner over the weekend. I'll try to catch up before the deadline.

You've expressed one opinion so far, and that's on me. I want to hear if you'll stand by it or not.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Nah, that was me making a joke vote.

##unvote

Okay.

I'm sorry, but my opinion on you remains unchanged.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

This is a bad case.

ah ha.

ah ha ha ha ha ha.

ah hah ha hah ha hah hah.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you crack me up

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Either you're scum flying under the radar or you're a lurker who went two RL days without posting

Either one is no real loss

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Hm, not posting on the weekend on D1, yes that's sure a sign of poor moral character.

true town is glued to their keyboards 24/7

on that note I'm going to bed, night all, vote meinberg

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I was in the cop room yesterday. I did not get to do the cop action.

(which is probably for the best since I think at least one person voted for me :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I fell asleep early last night. I was #3 in the cop room yesterday, and Wall Monitor is town.

On one hand, yay.

On the other hand, this is probably going to continue my endless streak of getting killed N2.

• Locked thread