Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
As a fellow replace-in, I just have to say that people getting this mad about this game is either hilarious (if that's the root cause), or kind of really :smith: (if it was RL stress that triggered the reaction).

My feeling on the matter is that A and D are both really stupid and harmful. The town is the uninformed majority, so keeping ourselves in the dark is a really bad idea. But at the same time, revealing too much would make certain powers incredibly loving useless.

I don't think B is possible in a practical context. Either there'll be a general consensus on who to vote for, and thus the difference will be academic, or there won't be any consensus, and we'll all just be voting whoever. I could easily see an X-way tie happening in that scenario, which is all kinds of useless. So, put my vote about the votes (:haw:) in C.

Outside of that, I've known Somber to be a lot of things. In mafia-likes and weird-mechanical games, Somber has always been very opinionated, and very fringe. Great example is Mexican Stand-Off Mafia, where he was heading the charge to try and solve the game. That he's not doing that at all here, or even commenting on why he's not (for example, being aware of his reputation) is very suspicious. In short, I agree with KingB that he's acting out of character and in a very scummy way.

##vote Somberbrero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MildManeredManikin posted:

As for deadline extensions, I'll gauge the thread 'a response. Do you guys think we need an extension?
Another 24 hours would be rad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

If you're going to lunch me for not participating in setup speculation and trying to find scum instead, okay. If you feel like lunching scum at some point, vote jon joe.
This defensiveness pings my gut, but I can't quite elaborate on why. Maybe I'm tunneling, or maybe I was just out of it for too long and lost my impression of how Somber plays, but this doesn't sound like him being genuine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ernie. posted:

I can't put my finger on it but JJ seems to intentionally be pretending to be scummy.
Normally, I'd think that would be a doctor-ish thing, but in this game? :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

It's honestly pretty funny that I keep getting lunched/vig killed over and over because of strange meta arguments. I really have to wonder what my posting looks like from an outside perspective where I have to deal with this constantly as town but am never really bothered as scum.
Pro-tip: You're too experienced (and too good) a Mafia player to get caught up in "Why does everyone think I'm scummy? :qq:" poo poo like this. It's beneath you. If you wanna make us all look like idiots, reinvest that energy into nailing scum to the wall. Get your vindication, even if it's posthumous. It makes you look better and actually helps town out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jokephase 2: Revenge of Jokephase. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

That reminds me, we should have a Twitch plays Mafia.
##vote Anarchy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ernie. posted:

(it'll basically be the [SA] Mafia thread)
:vince:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

No one is suspecting me which is cool because it's correct. I'm a random innocent Mafia newb and I'm vanilla town and I'm in the doctor room and no one has written a word there yet. I'm drinking wine and playing mafia. Hello friends.
You should drink mafia and play wine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I genuinely don't know what you're trying to say, Epsilon. Should I make my posting more exciting by emphasizing random words, like in a comic book, as to thrill you?
Anyone want to explain why we haven't lynched Somber yet?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Can you explain Epsilon's vote to me?
It's pretty obviously a Day 1 gutread.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I'm on my phone and will have a more substantial post when I'm home later today, but with votes needing to be in prior to the end of day did we come to a consensus on what we're doing as a group with the three powers? Are we sharing our votes publicly in thread?
I think we generally agreed that being completely open in the thread would do more harm than good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

Pmush is another lurker I'd go for.
You realize I replaced Taste just yesterday, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

Oh, you're a replacement? No, I did not notice. Disregard.
With that in mind, how do you feel about Somber's read on me?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

It's a gut read. :)
You think it's genuine, then?

A gut read about a gutread. :v:

If we're gonna Ecco Gambit this one, I'm alright with PMom as a target, though I'm still really feeling Somber.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I was thinking at first that PMush had replaced Asiina and there's no loving way I'd vote Asiina after that meltdown but he replaced TT and I could go for that. After his opening post, which is an easy vote on Somber, he pretty much posts nothing of value. Somber comes off as mostly townie to me, personally, so if I were going to drop a vote anywhere it'd be PMush.
Her. :eng101:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's quiet in doctorbox.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

capps is a crazy person. Also, PMom and I just did a test of the Google attribution system, and it sucks.
I just sign into the thing with an Incognito window, and then stop paying attention entirely. :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I should get some opinions out, because Mac's right about one thing, I haven't really been talking about anything but my feelings on somber.

It's kinda meta, but I'm completely unwilling to vote KingB unless something massive changes, mostly because he's replacing Asiina.

Ernie is jumping back and forth between Serious and Jokey in a way I'm not sure how to read.

Wall Monitor is kinda OMGUSing at Meinberg, but it feels genuine.

Hal came out of nowhere with the "posts like this seem very scummy to me" thing about Mac without really making any comments about people's scumminess or lack thereof previously. He's not defending one of his own cases, and he's not making one, as there was no vote. Just "this seems very scummy". So I have to wonder what the motivation of that post was. To look like he's contributing? I'd vote Hal.

In fact, ##vote Hal Incandenza. Would definitely still vote Somber. Would also go along with a lurker lynch to avoid a no-lynch. PMom was my choice by default because of the old running gag, but I'm pretty ambivalent about any of them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Meinberg posted:

I don't see the PMush case myself, could anyone explain it to me?
I entered with some wordy opinions, then disappeared for a day, which the case on me says is evidence that I was being disingenuous (and thus scummy), since I apparently didn't have anything else to share but what I said.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hal came out of nowhere with the "posts like this seem very scummy to me" thing about Mac without really making any comments about people's scumminess or lack thereof previously. He's not defending one of his own cases, and he's not making one, as there was no vote. Just "this seems very scummy". So I have to wonder what the motivation of that post was. To look like he's contributing? I'd vote Hal.

In fact, ##vote Hal Incandenza.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

And Pmush, that was something you didn't want to share?
Oh. I sent mine to Ernie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Man. I'm super torn. But with Ernie getting all those ballots, I really want confirmation on Pmush now.

##vote Pmush
Wait, what?

How does that make any sense? You lynch me, which... somehow gives you insight on Ernie's alignment? If I was scum, what would stop me from lying about where I sent it? Or sending it to someone who people think I'm scumbuddies with to make them look bad?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fine. gently caress you guys.

Somber's confrontational scum. Hal's pretending-to-contribute scum. KingB is basically confirmed town, just being a doofus.

I forgot Fast Luck was playing at all. Look into him as lurker scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't really, in any fairness, comment on the honesty or fakeness of MT's posts. She always pings me as scum, and I'm never sure why. You're still making a mistake, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal jumped right into the middle of the scumminess conversation with exactly one post, didn't vote the person he had reasons for, then kinda just made some white noise, then dropped votes on Somber then me, both of them really obvious :bandwagon: votes.

If you lynch me, at least cop him or something, for gently caress's sake.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I don't really think Fast Luck has been lurking. Why would King possibly be confirmed town?

Sorry ya'll, I got caught up doing chores and playing Orc Pokemon.
KingB is replacing for Asiina.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well duh I'm obviously going to put my vote wherever it needs to be to keep me from being killed.
I stand corrected. Hal is not scum.

Hal is a Survivor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He's concerned with self-preservation. But scum wouldn't be that obvious about it. The only reason to make it that obvious is if he's breadcrumbing for a later Survivor claim.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Concerned primarily. Everyone wants to keep playing, obviously, but Hal just admitted that he's not voting to find scum, he's voting to survive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Asiina didn't do any scumhunting.
FOR gently caress'S SAKE PLEASE LYNCH SOMBER TOMORROW.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Asiina posted:

gently caress it, I'm not going to spend time with a bunch of whiners who aren't even going to try because it might be hard :qq:

You all deserve to lose.

I'm out, find a replacement.

Removing this thread from my bookmarks. Good luck idiots.

##vote Somberbrero

From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For town's sake, I spit my last vote at thee.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think Somber would be a better vote than you
Well, Hal? You're the linchpin on Somber getting executed over me. Yet you're nowhere to be found all of a sudden.

Hal confirmed for Somber's scumbro. If you don't lynch one of them tomorrow, you all deserve to lose.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll explain tomorrow, if I live.

:redhammer:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Mushroom is just making stuff up at this point. If Little Mac doesn't vote for Somb then he's scum with Hal!
Stop talking, you're dead.

:redhammer:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

votefinder posted:

:d: The current deadline is March 11th, 2015 at 1:13 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 58 minutes.
Uh.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, do scum decide ahead of time, too? Like, have their own nightkill ballot?

That's kind of cute.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright. Let's get this rolling then.

I think the big three early cuddleleaders are going to be:
1. Me. My entrance was awkward, and I doubled-down on cuddling Somber.
2. Hal. His posting has been opportunistic, and I'd honestly be 100% up for turboing him if it weren't for the ballot thing.
3. Ernie. He's been posting in a way that's made people think he's running interference for me.

I also owe Little Mac an explanation about my hard read-claims on Hal. It is, however, 1:30 in the morning right now, so I'm not super lucid. The short version is that I can't think of any legitimate motivation to admit to voting out of self-preservation for its own sake. Therefore, there must be an outside reason. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the reason is in-game, rather that out-of-game. (There's no use trying to predict what out-of-game events might cause a reaction, that way lies madness.)

So, operating on what I hope is the reasonable assumption that Hal would not intentionally sabotage himself without good reason, and that his reason for admitting to self-preservation comes from being within the game, I'm left with a very short list of reasons why he would claim such selfish motivations. And at the top of that list, with a loving literal gulf in between it and the second one, is that he's breadcrumbing. And what would you breadcrumb with a line like that, but survivor?

Ernie. posted:

I have the two ballots that I guess two people yesterday said they sent me.
I sent one of them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ernie. posted:

I am also disappointed that this thread mobbed Somber. I've never seen a scum go with the crazy stupid sounding scumhunting theory like 'WHAT IF THE PERSON WHO REPLACED OUT IN ANGER IS SCUM'. Those posts are usually paranoid town.
I'm sorry, Ernie. :smith: I genuinely thought Somber was doubling down on an act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was Doctor Voter number 1. So I genuinely don't know why Ernie didn't get mine, unless he's not allowed to have two ballots in the same room?

• Locked thread