Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A game for 15 players

You know what's important here? People. Which people? The people. You are those people. No longer will a few people hold power over the rest of us! From now on, power will be distributed among the many. We will be equal at last!

Of course, not everybody is fond of this turn of events. Specifically, a small group of people that used to rule over you are opposed to it and they're hidden in your midst. If only we didn't dismantle identity as a useless construct that only serves to divide us, we'd be able to pick them out pretty easily. As it is, we have to publicly execute people until we're safe.

We know we're all equal, so we need a fair and equal way to resolve this problem. What's is the truest form of equality? A rigid bureaucracy of course! We've designed the perfect system to eliminate our enemies while maintaining our personal autonomy, anonymity and agency. Buckle up and listen:

Days are 48 hours for weekdays, 72 if there's a weekend. There are no nights. All actions must be in before the deadline. Vote in thread for who you want to be publicly executed.

In addition to the execution, we have special powers to help us. To make everything fair, each power is controlled by a vote. There will be three voting rooms, one for each power. To access a voting room, you must have the relevant ballot. Every day you will be told what ballots you have and which voting rooms you can enter. There are 5 ballots for each power. Voters can anonymously chat with other voters in the voting rooms, but the votes themselves are cast in secret. One of the ballot holders is randomly selected to perform the action, they will be told the target of the action and the result of the action. If there is a tie for the target of the action, the option that received all its votes first will be selected.

In addition to voting for who the power is used on, you must also select another player to whom you will give your ballot. The person cannot be you. Scum players cannot pass ballots to other scum players. If the player you passed your ballot to dies, your ballot will be given to a randomly selected player who is not dead and is not you.

For all other parts of the game, standard rules apply.

Here is the VT PM:

quote:

You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Players:
  1. Byers2142
  2. Epsilon Plus
  3. Ernie.
  4. Fast Luck
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. HiipFire
  7. jon joe
  8. King Burgundy
  9. Little Mac
  10. Meinberg
  11. Murmur Twin
  12. Pinterest Mom
  13. Poison Mushroom
  14. Somberbrero
  15. wall monitor

Jump King fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somebody invite Ecco to this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Don't feel obligated

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Apologies to the people I invited at basically the same time this game filled up. I'd like to start this game today, we'll see.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nah, I invite people because I want to fill up my game, not because I don't want plebs joining.

Besides Ernie, you're good at mafia and there's nobody on the roster I would want to kick.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright guys, when I get home I'll send my doc to Ecco and I'll start as soon as possible after that.

Special Rules

Hiipfire and Epsilon Plus, I want you guys to try to post like 15 or 20 times for each game day. Actually with each vote finder update I'll announce which of you has more posts. I hope your natural sense of competition will encourage you.

Anyway, this has no mechanical effect on the game and I won't be enforcing a minimum post count.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah let's cool it on talking about ongoing games

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm trying this thing where I'm in 0 games at a time, which helps keep my posting theoretically perfect

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Role PMs out. Votefinder up soon. I'm still finishing the docs up so be patient.

The voting rooms are anonymous places and your pm should specify which column to post in.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

plurality execution btw guys

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

HiipFire posted:

can i vote for myself, cause if so im voting for myself

You cannot send your ballots to yourself, but you can vote for a power to be used on yourself.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Oh! interesting. So the person who gets the most votes gets euphemized regardless of if they have majority or not?

What happens if there's a tie?
Correct.

if the vote leaders are tied 5-5 the first target to reach 5 will be executed. Is that clear?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok I'll be gone for the rest of the night, have fun.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The numbers are made each day

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll get vote finder for you guys when I get home

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Before people jump on this train, I'd like for this thread to not be the place to debate how offensive our wording will be. Use the word you want and don't be an rear end about it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thread was closed to respond to an increased number of PMs.

I'm sorry if this game has upset any of you, and also apologize for being catty with my thread close there.

I don't want to be patronizing here but an essential part if games like these is arguing about stuff like this and if you're worked up over it please take a short break. It's sometimes very easy to let the game affect you strongly and while I encourage engagement, I want all of my players to feel good during their play.

I'm glad this thread has invigorated all of you so much, but please don't give up out of frustration.

My pm box has been cleared. If there are any other issues, let me know.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Expect a deadline extension if I get everything sorted out.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

vote finder added to op and player list has been updated

KingB replaces Asiina
Poison Mushroom replaces Taste

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As for deadline extensions, I'll gauge the thread 'a response. Do you guys think we need an extension?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok up to 24 hours in deadline extension but the deadline for D2 will be midnight EST on Tuesday regardless of when this day ends so consider hammering early.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A reminder that all actions must be in before the day ends which is in like ~12 hours Max but could be earlier if a majority vote is reached

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Current Day 1 Votecount

Somberbrero (5): King Burgundy, wall monitor, Poison Mushroom, Byers2142, Epsilon Plus, -King Burgundy, -wall monitor, -Byers2142, Byers2142, -Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza, -Hal Incandenza, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza
Poison Mushroom (4): Little Mac, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg, -King Burgundy, Somberbrero, -Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (3): Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, Fast Luck, jon joe, -King Burgundy, King Burgundy, -Poison Mushroom, -King Burgundy
Little Mac (1): jon joe, -jon joe, Ernie., Meinberg, -Meinberg
jon joe (1): HiipFire, Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
Meinberg (1): Byers2142, -Byers2142, wall monitor, King Burgundy, -King Burgundy
Ernie. (0): wall monitor, -wall monitor, jon joe, -jon joe
wall monitor (0): Meinberg, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Byers2142, -Epsilon Plus, -Byers2142, -Ernie., -Meinberg
Epsilon Plus (0): Ernie., -Ernie., Meinberg, -Meinberg
Pinterest Mom (0): jon joe, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, -jon joe

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Epsilon Plus is currently beating hiipfire 18 to 13

Somberbrero, Vanilla Town, has been executed.

Thread closed for me to process stuff.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck, Vanilla Town, has been killed.

Players who performed a night action have been PMed a result. Players who have received a ballot have been PMed information. If you are neither of those things, you did not get a PM. Yesterday's rooms are closed but you can still review chat. I put an extra hour on the deadline because of the long processing phase

Jump King fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 10, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ernie. posted:

It may be possible, because MMM's PM to me included two typos. The description of the ability told me I can use it to vote on who gets copped (for both ballots).

Ah yes, I believe it says that for all ballots handed out now that I look at my notes. Rapid fire copy pasting can result in injuries and accidents.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hiipfire, vanilla town, has been modkilled. His ballots will be randomly distributed at the end of the day.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 10, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If your ballot box link is broken pm me your vote, but I should be fixing the ballot boxes soon.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry for the late flip, I was unavailable for a bit.

PMush, Vanilla Town, has been executed Day Two.

Thread closed for processing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

King Burgundy, Vanilla Town, was killed.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Deadline is midnight Thursday. EST of course.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Whoops forgot the deadline. Byers was vanilla town, I'll resolve the night in a sec.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Actually I'll resolve in the morning, sorry folks.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EP was killed, they are Vanilla Town.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PMom, scum, has been killed. I'm not home until tomorrow so haha on you guys.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nobody died in the night, it's day 5 now.

I can't remove pmom from vote finder until I get to a computer but in the mean time I deserve a loving medal for processing this with just my phone. I should be home sometime tonight to fix vote finder. Phone is at 3% so I probably won't be around for questions etc

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jon joe posted:

MMM: Please remove pmom from the currently living players list

:what:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Nobody died in the night, it's day 5 now.

I can't remove pmom from vote finder until I get to a computer but in the mean time I deserve a loving medal for processing this with just my phone. I should be home sometime tonight to fix vote finder. Phone is at 3% so I probably won't be around for questions etc

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ernie, scumbo is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jon Joe, Vanilla Town, died

• Locked thread