Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

L

edit: Haha I was reading this thread on my phone and then had to do work so I put my phone away and apparently did the butt-dial equivalent of signing up.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(I was going to sign up regardless in case that wasn't clear)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I suppose "L" is more rhetoric than I would expect from an rear end, I will let it pass.

This time.

I'm just a lass
(with an "L" and an rear end)
Thank you to Byers
For letting it pass

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

This will be easy. I'm working under a self-imposed rule that I only participate in one game at a time to insure High Quality Posting.

I did that for a year and found it really helped keep Mafia fun for me. :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MildManeredManikin posted:

I'm trying this thing where I'm in 0 games

Meinberg posted:

However, I'm signed up for three games.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I am here and gave this thread a quick skim so far but I would like to say that I'm on board with trying to track ballots.

I know people have claimed what ballot they have - is there a reason not to openly say which group we're in? I feel like the town knowing who has what on day 1 will help provide information to analyze later in the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I put a whole bunch of thought into how to break this game - including plans where we mass claim, plans where we claim in our mason docs, and other stuff like that. And after 20 minutes I did nothing but think around in circles and second-guess myself.

My original thought was to get all the information out there, and then we could figure out where stuff went wrong to get an idea of who the scumteam is when information starts to contradict itself. The idea being that "bad information is better than no information".

Thinking about it more, that's not right. I feel like anything said in my masondoc has a chance of being forwarded to the scumdoc, so talking in there isn't productive. And since I think we can get a better consensus in the thread, I feel like the information of who has what ballot right now is more useful to scum than town. So I'm on the same page with

quote:

So given the above, I'm going to say that doing any sort of immediate claiming is not in town's best interest? But doing a D1 claim two days later on D3, when the info might be useful to town but less useful to scum (since by then it's much harder to use it to determine who has what ballot right then and there) might work out better? Thoughts?

That said, in the name of starting some discussion - I am willing to volunteer to be cop/doctor'ed if people agree that they should be aimed at the same person.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Oh, I just had more thoughts, but they are going to depend on whether we want to be open with information or closed with information.

If we decide open is good, we should roleblock someone in the roleblock room to make sure the doc or cop isn't accidentally blocked. Especially early on.

If we decide closed is good, the cop should say their result anonymously in their doc and someone else can report it to the thread.

It's really hard to know without knowing which way to go on this. I'm leaning let's just get it all out in the open though.

This is democracy mafia, should we take a vote?

Yeah, I think our thoughts on who is scum and objective stuff about town strategy should be put out there, but who we actually are voting for/passing to to stay secret until the information can be used more effectively by town later in the game.

quote:

Who would you roleblock and who would you cop/doc?

I would cop/doc Ernie because I think confirmed town Ernie would be very useful in this game. I would roleblock EP, I don't like his WM vote and his posting has been a little off to me. More of a gut read, but best I got for now.

I think I just realized that cop/doc is not necessarily the best strategy. Not only does it make it harder for scum to plan around if we go for two targets, but I feel like it's in our best interest to cop scum while doc'ing the likely NK target (ie, not scum). I think we vote for the scummiest person, cop the second-scummiest, RB the third-scummiest, and doc the most likely NK. Right now I feel good on JJ, Ernie, and Asii, and there are plenty of people who haven't posted yet so it's hard to have a solid case at the moment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Friends, before we get too into mafia, I want to talk about the mechanics and your opinions on them.

This game is great. I sat down to look for cases and my mind ended up wandering to setup strategy stuff.

I think people have been thinking a lot systems to break the game, and that's a dead end. Anything we come up with will be heard by scum and planned around. And while I acknowledge that moving the ballots is important, I think it's more important to look at the results of the night actions and their impact on the game.

I gave some thought to best-case scenarios for each team, listed by relevance:

TOWN FLAWLESS VICTORY
Doc - hits NK target
Cop - hits scum
Roleblocker - hits scum using an ability

SCUM FLAWLESS VICTORY
Doc - misses NK target
Cop - hits NK target
Roleblocker - backup in case doc/cop can't be controlled

I think that, at least on D1, sharing information about what who we intend to vote for is counterproductive, because Scum will be able to base the NK on their knowledge of who the town is going to target. In other words, keep this stuff in mind:

- it is going to be really hard to coordinate a plan where the doc protects the NK. Our best chance, in my opinion, is making scum guess who the doc target is by not saying anything.
- If scum know who the town is going to cop, they have both the roleblock and the NK to potentially make town lose the information. The most important factor regarding who to cop, in my opinion, is making sure that scum doesn't know who it's going to land on.
- Best case for D2 is we hit scum with the cop investigation (and town gets the result). There's really no way, to my knowledge, to plan around scum getting the result other than to be aware of it. Second-best is we hit town but they live; at least it provides information to help case people.

tl;dr - don't say who you're going to vote for

Hey MMM, can you put links in the OP to posts sorted by player? Not having that messes me up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

jon joe posted:

Also not discussing the doc target renders the doc in control of the scum if there's at least 2 scum in there. We can protect high-value people with it. Night 1 it's the cop target. Night 2+ it's the cop target from night 1 if we got town, or some town power role who revealed.

I'm not a fan of planning too far ahead. Unless I say otherwise, assume any strategy stuff I come with is referring to this vote only!

I am concerned that scum have abilities beyond the nightkill. I'm basing this on the fact that MMM hinted that we shouldn't claim our ballot types (as scum might be able to use the information). I'm also basing this on the existance of a RB role in a game where it's impossible to realistically guage who is going to perform the cop/doc action.

Asiina posted:

I think we have to sacrifice unknowns in order to get more confirmed town rather than doccing and copping randomly and hoping for the best.

I see going into D2 with a confirmed town to be the exact middle-of-the-road scenario. Getting a confrimed scum is a lot more useful, getting no information is a lot less useful.

If we don't coordinate, and assuming random odds, we're also pretty likely to end up with a confirmed town. The only way to fall below that mark is to (a) choose to cop someone who is town and (b) have them NKed.

(:350:)

Haha I spent a good 10 minutes trying to write up my argument for why that's better than coordinating votes and I ended up convincing myself that you guys are probably right with the information that we currently have. It probably is better to just pick one person as a target and get them with both abilities.

quote:

Remember if there's a tie then it goes to whichever ballot was submitted first. If scum end up with two ballots in the same room they will beat out the other 3 people voting randomly.

This point keeps screwing up my math.

quote:

Also, as I said I think openness makes sure that the roleblockers roleblock someone in their group to be sure not to hit the cop or the doc.

I didn't think of this. That should be Mac or Asiina, and based on preliminary reads / my desire to hit scum with the RB action, I'd say Mac is a safer bet for RB target.

Seconding whoever said this games' mechanics make for a fun D1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

gently caress it, I'm not going to spend time with a bunch of whiners who aren't even going to try because it might be hard :qq:

Three things!

1 - if you're not having fun then it probably isn't best to play; that said, I hope you can walk away for a few hours, cool off, and come back, because your input has been useful so far. It's a marathon, not a sprint :)
2 - remember that this game has people in it that are doing their best to make town fail. People who are disagreeing with you (or just staying silent) may be doing so specifically as a strategy to not let it gain traction. Objectively, the fact that one person disagreeing can screw it up is a flaw - in that regard, it's like a vote split on Survivor.
3 - the discussion over how to do it is the interesting part! The end goal isn't to break the game, it's to find scum, and I'm sure it will be winnable or losable by either team regardless of what happens D1.

Asiina posted:

This is my last post on this before bed. I want people to consider this CAREFULLY and not just give a gut reaction here. There are absolutely pros and cons of doing this in different ways but if every single one of us doesn't agree on a policy then the whole thing is truly pointless. This is not a minor thing. Everyone has to weigh in.

I've outlined the 4 major possibilities here.
A) Share nothing (even in the rooms)
B) Share Room and Recipient, but not target (even in the rooms)
C) Share Room and Recipient, but target only in rooms
D) Share everything

To me it seems like B and C are the best options (assuming that results are told the next day). I do think this clearly shows that hiding what room you are in and where you are sending your ballot has far more downsides than positives. In addition, saying everything in the thread beforehand is also not the best plan, so I'll back off from that.

I think B is the best option. I think that who to target with the votes and how to treat the room/ballot information are two separate topics.

As I mentioned in my effortpost earlier, I think that the only important game-changing swing in night actions that the town has a shot of controlling is making sure a cop investigation lands on someone who isn't targetted by scum for anything. The best case scenario is a Scum result, as it gives us an easy kill for D2. I don't think that aligning the Cop/Doc on the same person is reliable enough, because (a) scum can sandbag it if they have a majority in a room, and (b) it's not unreasonable to think scum has a Jailor or Framer or something.

Basically, it's not that I want to leave it up to chance, I want to leave the scumteam's night actions up to chance instead of educating them, and I think the reward outweighs the risks.

Buuuut I think that we stand to gain a ton of information by arranging to share what room we're in and where our ballots are going. We can do the person above us in the playerlist in the OP since Hiipfire already gave his to Ep+. We don't have any confirmed town or flips yet so trying to gain information that way is way more reliable than trying to move ballots onto town players.

quote:

I think that planning your target in the room outweighs doing it randomly both in making sure it's going somewhere useful and in checking the next day that it went where you thought it would.

So while I vote for B, I can go either way. I'll be here all day - if people overwhelmingly think collaborating on the target is a better plan I'll go with it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MildManeredManikin posted:

As for deadline extensions, I'll gauge the thread 'a response. Do you guys think we need an extension?

I'd be in favor of a pushback, there are some people I want to feel like I've heard from and I don't want "weekend deadline" to be a factor. Plus I tend to post more on weekdays.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

What the actual value of the powers if everyone knows about them? Close to zero, right?

Roleblocker is easily avoided.

If we do the cop/doctor thing, you maybe get someone who is confirmed town for one day, but then that person is the obvious NK target the next night.

Unless you use the doctor on them, but that means you can't use the doctor on the person being copped that night, who could get killed.

I think having the doctor be secretly selected by ballot (without the voters discussing with each other who they're voting for) is better than publicly deciding on the doctor target, at least for d2+.

At least then you have the WIFOM of "are they doctoring the confirmed townie or are they doctoring the cop investigation"

PMom pings me as scummy right now. Admittedly it's partly a meta-read - in a game that has an interesting setup that can potentially be broken, I would expect a town PMom to conclusively come forward with what he thinks is the best move to make, why, and to argue more against people he disagrees with. This is a new setup with different things to keep track of, and I would expect him to me more interested in "solving" it.

Instead he takes a side, runs some scenarios, and then bows out of the discussion. I feel like he wasn't really trying to change any minds with what he was saying, and it feels fake to me.

More cases incoming.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Little Mac posted:

I see a lot of ballot conversation but not a lot of scumhunting. Like we can do whatever we want to control the ballots but I think more important is actually finding and plorping scum.

A fair assessment, except it's not followed up with scumhunting. His one read:

Little Mac posted:

I was just looking over wall and this post seems really townie to me. Even though he obviously means "enthusiasm," I think it's coming from a townie perspective. The vote on Ernie is bad but eh. This doesn't read like defeated scum, especially when he's only -3.

Is a response to a single post made by WM, that he says makes him look town without giving a reason for it. This doesn't read like someone looking for scum, it reads like someone to generate content. Speaking of which:

Little Mac posted:

What happens if the roleblock blocks the roleblocker? Nothing, I'm assuming?

Also feels like someone trying to give the impression that he's trying to generate information. This question doesn't really have a purpose, it's just sort of there.

Leaning scummy on Mac.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

jon joe posted:

Oh, is the deadline that close? Well'p.

I vote for. Little. Mac.

##vote Little Mac

What? You want a reason? Well, it's a lurker vote! Hohoho!

Somberbrero posted:

Hm a scum post! Far too self-conscious and concerned with the appearance of his vote.

Is what seems to be the crux of Somber's case on JJ. And like, maybe that's scummy, if you discount the fact that JJ has been engaging with multiple people on multiple topics and generally trying to add to the discussion. He has the most posts in the thread at the time of my writing this.

Somberbrero posted:

If you're going to lunch me for not participating in setup speculation and trying to find scum instead, okay. If you feel like lunching scum at some point, vote jon joe.

I feel like if town Somber really though JJ was scum, he would have made a more involved case on it. And if town Somber wasn't sure, he wouldn't have doubled down on it.

I read scum on Somber and would vote there as well.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Because JJ's has evidenced what you call town behavior, we should dismiss it when he acts scummy?

Bringing up the scummy behavior is fine, and you did that. My issue is that

Somberbrero posted:

If you're going to lunch me for not participating in setup speculation and trying to find scum instead, okay. If you feel like lunching scum at some point, vote jon joe.

from my point of view, your "trying to find scum instead" was literally picking out one of JJ's posts as scummy and calling it a day.

Somberbrero posted:

I just read Jon Joe. Almost all of his posts are concerned with mechanics and setup speculation and there are maybe three actual opinions.

My reaction to the game starting was to try and figure out how we can best use the mechanics to rig the game for town. So while yes, a lot of JJ's posts aren't set on scumhunting, I look at posts like

Jon Joe posted:

Closed w/ information. We don't need to know who had what ballot to decide targets in this thread. I think it's fine if someone who HAD a ballot reveals the results, though, since they don't necessarily have the same ballot again on the next day. No reason to announce in the cop vote doc, especially since they can only do so if they have a cop ballot again.

Also, one thing we should be cognizant of is that, if a scum receives the cop, they can lie about the result. This is more of a problem later in the game than earlier though, imo we shouldn't trust unconfirmed cops at all (even ones performed in the past) if it's lylo or mylo.

That's why we doc the cop target, at least night 1.

Also not discussing the doc target renders the doc in control of the scum if there's at least 2 scum in there. We can protect high-value people with it. Night 1 it's the cop target. Night 2+ it's the cop target from night 1 if we got town, or some town power role who revealed.

and to me they read most like a town player trying to solve the game. I don't think scum would pump out a bunch of setup spec like that, I feel like they'd just throw out minimal content and try to go unnoticed.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

This suggests at least one power is beneficial to the target?

I don't want to have us claim which group we're in but scum probably can figure this out pretty quickly since they've got 3/4(?) people probably scattered throughout the voting groups already, so I think it'd benefit town to figure it out

Ernie. posted:

this is a scum post

like this is the kind of information that we will anyway have in d2 when people start going 'yesterday i was in the ___ ballot'

delaying it gives us no advantage whatsoever

this post is motivated by being seen as helping the town but it has no actual townie basis for its existence

##vote wall monitor

You really read WM's post as "scum trying to misdirect town" and not "newbie player thinking out loud"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

One more before bed:

Meinberg posted:

The roleblock power seems like it could be potentially very powerful, if the scum are the ones whose abilities are more tied to a single user, but that with the random distribution of action, that it could also prove to be accidentally disastrous. Still, I don't think there's an option to not use a given power on a night.

This post pings me weird, because I was under the impression that all townies were Vanilla. We have potential to access Cop/Doc/RB every night through the vote instead of relying on keeping a power role player alive, so to me that's already pretty pro-town. I was already assuming that scum are the ones whose abilities are tied to a single user, which makes Meinberg's thought process here seem possibly faked. It also doesn't really say much: "roleblock is potentially strong if it's anti-scum, but we have no way of telling if it is, but we have to use it"

Meinberg - got any cases?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I've hit that weird point where I want to argue more but until hearing from the people I've cased (Little Mac, Meinberg, PMom) I don't really know what to post about.

Somber - besides JJ, is there anyone else you're suspicious of?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Anyone want to explain why we haven't lynched Somber yet?

Because the fact that there is such a bandwagon on Somber (while Mac's, Meinberg's and PMom's relative lurkiness go unquestioned) on D1 is suspicious. At least, that's my answer.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i forgot that that's where my vote is ##unvote

afaik wall monitor is not new, but his post read like someone responding to the case they think was against them, but not the one that was actually presented. as if he had at the ready a defense ready for his actions which is... out of the ordinary.

his follow-up unvoting is too thick to lay on for scum

Ernie. posted:

I can't put my finger on it but JJ seems to intentionally be pretending to be scummy. I don't know somber as a person who goes after low hanging fruit either. So basically they're both weirdos. Glad we had this talk.

I find the vagueness of Ernie's reasoning combined with his posting:scumhunting ratio to be suspicious. The only opinions he's shown are that JJ/Somber are "weirdos" and a vote on WM (from a post really early on in the game) that he took back when called out on it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

i'm trying to not be an rear end in a top hat but some of these arguments make me want to throw things and call people bad names. am i posting different than i do when i'm town, presumably? over what sample size? in what way? are those behaviors scummy by themselves?

My completely unscientific (based on 3-4 games tops) meta on you is that you act emotionally invested when you're town, and low-effort/detached when scum. The post I'm quoting, along with some of the votes on you seeming :bandwagon:'y makes me lean town. If anything I might put it out there that you'd be a good cop target for N1.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also my room has one lurker and I'm in favor of hitting a lurker instead of Somber if possible. Assuming no scum PRs that would interfere, killing town will statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not. Offing lurkers is more beneficial than normal, I think.

Wouldn't killing anyone statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not?

Also, let's name names - I agere with your general point, but which people are you referring to when you say "hit a lurker"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

the thread somehow turned into a battlefield of opinions. i've already said why i'm intentionally not engaging the thread on its own terms.

Can you rehash this? I honestly don't understand what you mean here.

And, uh...can we get a prod on some people? For a game whose D1 deadline was supposed to be yesterday, there's been almost nothing from Hal, Hiipfire, Mac, Meinberg, or PMom which makes it a bit tough to play the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Just got home, should be around for deadline.

Byers2142 posted:

Also, something's happening in the Roleblock Room. Something that might be big for today's vote for lynch.

:munch:

Summary for those of us not in the loop?

Little Mac posted:

I don't believe in Mod.

You're an SA-theist?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

and also "hi i'm a chameleon" is hardly incriminating

However, acting like one (in the context of Mafia) kind of is.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote PMom

I feel like we would have seen more contribution to scumhunting by now if he was town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like Hal and PMom have both at least shown that they're online and reading the game by posting here in the last hour, and they still haven't contributed. PMush is also suspicious - yeah she subbed in, but there's been plenty of time at this point and I feel like she's just kind of jumping on easy/existing cases. My preference would be to lunch one and then cop/roleblock the other two.

Meinberg simply hasn't been here, and glancing at his post history it seems like he hasn't been here since yesterday. If anything I feel like he'll eat a modkill (or get subbed) soon, which would make him a waste of a lunch.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug: see above re: exam. i had a big paper due and an exam on the same day. i got out 90 minutes ago, went grocery shopping.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hal is the player whose posts pinged me most when I read the thread

This isn't scum Somber.

I'm giving my rb ballot to KB.

Upgrading you to null-leaning-scum~

##vote Hal

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Murder 2 win... noooooooooo

Come on, let's see a case that's so good that I feel like an idiot for even considering that you might be scum!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote PMush

I'm going for the two-fer here, I think PMush is scummy and I think

Ernie. posted:

Okay good. I'm not just being useless. Everyone go read macs contributions leading up To the vote on pmush. He just gives up and embraces his scum agenda when he realized the thread was direction less. His post sows more doubt and chaos rather than plays towards a town goal.

is Ernie running interference. I find it hard to believe that Ernie would read that interaction and not comment on all about PMush, only Mac.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

I like this post because it actually clearly understands how I play scum. :D

That said pmush is probably town because Mac parked his vote on her.

I feel like the only way I could really take the case on Mac seriously is if I see how PMush flips. Otherwise I can't see how one could feel that strongly about Mac based on that one vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

If pmush flips scum will you all just forgive me especially little Mac?

I'll always forgive! ....but I never forget.

Actually, who am I kidding, I forget things all the time. Hopefully we'll just hit scum on tonight's cop investigation and D2 will be nice and simple :)

I'll be around for a little bit but need to go to sleep soon. Right now it's PMush for me unless there's a really compelling case somewhere else.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Holy crap I just remembered hiipfire is playing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Upon a re-read, Epsilon Plus doesn't look good.

This is where he starts putting some pressure onto Somber. Admittedly, Somber doesn't react particularly well to this pressure, but I still feel worse about Epsilon in the exchange.

And here he is, advocating for a lurker vote out, not caring whether said lurker is town or not:

Actually, I had forgotten about him too and think these are good points. The "advocating for a lurker vote out" post in particular felt like scum trying to generate content (see my earlier post on him)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Let's see what happens if I do this:

##vote Epsilon Plus

I just re-read Ep+ and while he's suspicious to me I still have both PMs and Ernie as my top picks and would prefer one of those three.

PMom - too lurky to rule him out as scum
PMush - all the stuff she said (plus the tunneling on Somber feels faked, plus Ernie not casing her feels suspicious)
Ernie - I don't think the thought processes behind his cases on WM and Mac warrant his confidence in them

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

I was in the cop room yesterday. I did not get to do the cop action.

(which is probably for the best since I think at least one person voted for me :v: )

I fell asleep early last night. I was #3 in the cop room yesterday, and Wall Monitor is town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Seriously, wall is scum. look at his posts around Ernie. Look at this. This is a call to lynch someone that justifies it by saying what their alignment is doesn't matter.

##vote wall

Murmur Twin posted:

I fell asleep early last night. I was #3 in the cop room yesterday, and Wall Monitor is town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mafia edit:

quote:

The next day there was discussion about where the vote should go (and MMM said we could have a mulligan due to the ambiguity on the deadline) and I was honest about who I thought would be a good target, but I was afraid of two scum being in that room and moving the vote to the NK target so I figured that two votes to cop WM (that were put in Sunday) would be a safe bet to get a result.

Wow that was one hell of a run-on sentence.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 10, 2015

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:siren: poo poo I meant to quote and hit edit on the last page

I just changed the word "cops" to scum where I bolded, hopefully someone can confirm that.

Wow, I've messed up quote != edit before, but not the other way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I can confirm that, because I remember being very confused by what you'd typed and intended to ask you about it once I had a moment.

There was slightly more that I missed; thankfully I still have the old post in my cache. Hopefully this suffices:

Original:

Wall Monitor posted:

I'm trying to decide if Murmur is town or not. I voted for Ernie, if Murmur was #3 then he said he was voting for Ernie... that's two votes. So either #3's ernie talk was intended to throw scum roleblockers/nk off the trail (good idea), everyone else voted WM or the two WM votes got in first to cause a tiebreaker, or Murmur is scum who got a scum result on someone and named me as the false target with town result instead to build up some credit when I do flip town.

#5 (Ep+ I believe?) said he was voting for WM on Sunday night because he was under the impression that night actions needed to be in. I thought I had made a mistake about the voting deadline not being moved up so I joined in at like 11:56pm.

The next day there was discussion about where the vote should go (and MMM said we could have a mulligan due to the ambiguity on the deadline) and I was honest about who I thought would be a good target, but I was afraid of two cops being in that room and moving the vote to the NK target so I figured that two votes to cop WM (that were put in Sunday) would be a safe bet to get a result.

It might not have been the most optimal play, but it felt like the safest.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I can't really, in any fairness, comment on the honesty or fakeness of MT's posts. She always pings me as scum, and I'm never sure why. You're still making a mistake, though.

Please feel free to case me if there are any posts in particular of mine you think appear scummy! No one ever cases me

King Burgundy posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTpxeNQfDo4

• Locked thread