Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like experiments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

MildManeredManikin posted:

plurality execution btw guys

Hell yes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

Confirmed I need to read the op soon I guess

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm also in the roleblocker room.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

Little Mac nooooo.

???

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hahah were we only supposed to reveal what powers were available? Oops I guess?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How does scum gain an advantage from knowing I have a ballot? Don't they change every day?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hal Incandenza posted:

Regardless of anything else I want to vote out all the T-Swizzle avs

This.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I see a lot of ballot conversation but not a lot of scumhunting. Like we can do whatever we want to control the ballots but I think more important is actually finding and plorping scum.

Byers2142 posted:

we have to assume that we either use them randomly

This is what the OP says happens with the votes, yes? It's not majority in the voting booths but a randomized winner.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't see the problem with being open with our ballots/who we're voting for, at least as far as roleblock goes. Like, what do I care if scum knows who I vote for a roleblock? What're they gonna do?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

wall monitor posted:

Deadline is in about 24 hours. I have an irrational hatred of no-euphemism D1's and might just hammer myself rather than let D1 go without a euphemism, if it looks like it might go that way.

I was just looking over wall and this post seems really townie to me. Even though he obviously means "enthusiasm," I think it's coming from a townie perspective. The vote on Ernie is bad but eh. This doesn't read like defeated scum, especially when he's only -3.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

If we roleblock scum, that scum won't make the nightkill if he knows up front he's roleblocked.

I mean, assuming there are scum in the rooms, which is probable, then couldn't they just withhold their kill to draw a lynch instead if the vote ISN'T on them? It seems like we're having ballot box WIFOM here.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

When did MMM confirm this?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What happens if the roleblock blocks the roleblocker? Nothing, I'm assuming?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Fast Luck posted:

Euphemism as in "cuddle" or whatever?

why can't everyone just use the same language? let's stick with "plorp"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Little Mac, who are you leaning scum on?

Hi, I'm just coming back from writing a post in Secret Invasion for, like, an hour. Anyway, I need to re-read but I didn't really ping Somber as scummy earlier? I might've missed something. Will check.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm back from a weekend of debauchery, what is happening here?

More debauchery.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm on my phone and will have a more substantial post when I'm home later today, but with votes needing to be in prior to the end of day did we come to a consensus on what we're doing as a group with the three powers? Are we sharing our votes publicly in thread?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

No, we never came to a consensus at all because people like JJ and Somber completely stonewalled.

This was what I thought and I still kinda think it's okay being open. As I said earlier, I admitted I have a roleblock ballot. What does scum gain from knowing that? Not a thing. Only town gains from knowing who voted what.

On the subject of the day's plorp, I don't really have a strong read one way or another on anyone. Somber has the most votes and he was pushed at first by KB and there's a bunch of really loving lame and weak votes on him, especially after KB unvoted and dropped it. I was thinking at first that PMush had replaced Asiina and there's no loving way I'd vote Asiina after that meltdown but he replaced TT and I could go for that. After his opening post, which is an easy vote on Somber, he pretty much posts nothing of value. Somber comes off as mostly townie to me, personally, so if I were going to drop a vote anywhere it'd be PMush.

I would vote Jon Joe for being so anti-helpfuk to using the mechanics to break the game. I think it's in our best interests to be open and honest with our votes and what we do, personally, because once those votes are done it's not like scum can do anything to harm us unless they can, like, manipulate votes after the fact or something. Which would make no sense.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I apologize again. I'm bad at this. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

I don't feel the game can be broken. I think it's not in our best interests to be open and honest with our ballot passes. I do think the scum can manipulate passes. This is why I am against the plan.

But MMM pretty much said after re-opening the thread that arguing about how best to manipulate this system is what the game is all about so it HAS to be able to be broken.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Porpoise!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

Furthermore, it is the Word of Mod in the votedocs that revealing things may be a bad idea.

I don't believe in Mod.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Murmur Twin posted:

You're an SA-theist?

More like a Gasnostic.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

I am going to assume this is little mac trolling for fun (regardless of alignment) until proven otherwise.

Quite the opposite, actually!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

May not be here for deadline. ##vote pmush

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi I'm back! Why is Hal in the lead suddenly?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Well Ernie said I was scum because I was trying - which I disagree with, I didn't check my doc until hours before deadline and I still have an incredibly low post count, but I am in less games than I have been/am not running a game right now. Ernie always thinks I'm scum so whatever. I find Hal unreadable always. He doesn't post much and when he does it always seems to be in opposition to whatever side I happen to be taking.

Still sticking with Pmush.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

Will vote pmush to avoid nolynch, but prefer hal (and more prefer bigger lurkers)

No such thing as NL. It's plurality. I think it's first-voted in effect of a tie, too, so we need not worry about double-lynching.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Epsilon Plus posted:

My point was that any kill's a good kill

uhhhhh

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

I stand corrected. Hal is not scum.

Hal is a Survivor.

What

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

He's concerned with self-preservation. But scum wouldn't be that obvious about it. The only reason to make it that obvious is if he's breadcrumbing for a later Survivor claim.

I mean, I think he's just voting to keep himself alive. Immediately jumping to survivor is a big jump to make.

There are some pretty insane things being said in this last hour, just saying!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

Asiina didn't do any scumhunting.

Her meltdown was the most real, visceral frustrated townie meltdown I've ever seen. I doubt scum would quit the game because people wouldn't work together to break the game and win. KB is not 100% confirmed or anything but on day one that's as close as we're getting imo

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, Hal? You're the linchpin on Somber getting executed over me. Yet you're nowhere to be found all of a sudden.

Hal confirmed for Somber's scumbro. If you don't lynch one of them tomorrow, you all deserve to lose.

Little Mac posted:

...a big jump to make.

There are some pretty insane things being said in this last hour, just saying!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Fast Luck posted:

Why would a scum player meltdown and quit because town wouldn't work together? Unless she was going to quit all along and faked the meltdown to build town cred for her replacement. I don't believe that, though, that's just the only possible way she could be scum.

This.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm pretty certain I performed the roleblock. I blocked Wall Monitor. I now have a doctor ballot.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Unless everyone in the RB room got a PM saying "You roleblocked wall monitor successfully."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't really have much to say, re: current vote. I'm still very comfortable with a Pmush vote and figure if he's scum there's probably already at this point a sizable bus on him. I won't vote until everyone else is comfortable, though.

In the doc room right now no one is really talking. I have submitted my vote already.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How do we know the last person in the doc room is scum? Also I have told the doc room who I'm protecting/sending my vote to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wait, are we assuming scum has to get their kills in prior to hammer just like with the votes? If so, wouldn't it be smarter to just turbo always so they never get a nightkill?

• Locked thread