Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Epsilon Plus posted:

I know we have two kills to contend with

Hi, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's kinda weird to refer to the plorp as a "kill." In my mind a kill is something that happens at night and is usually anti-town. Lynches/cuddles/plorps are town weapons.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

It's weird but whatever?

I'm not sure what this means?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

It's weird. As in, I agree it's weird.

It's also whatever. As in, it doesn't matter to me.

Oh no, I agree with that. Question mark threw me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Epsilon Plus posted:

This seems like a bad idea. LM said he voted to doc King Burgundy last night.

My doc ballot went to Wall Monitor.

Yeah but if scum has control over those votes they can lie. Not that I did, but just because I said I docced KB doesn't clear me, same as anyone else. I did doc KB and I also sent my ballot to him which in retrospect doesn't look good for me but I kinda assumed everyone would doc KB so it wouldn't matter? I'd like to know who actually performed the action.

I now have a cop ballot.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am on phone and don't want to make a big case until I am in front of a computer but right now I would vote Ernie. I also don't like no plorping.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers I think you are town but like anyone could have done that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Honestly if Ernie were town he would have broken the game by now.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am phone posting because it's looking like I won't get home in time to do a good readthrough. I don't want to vote Byers. One, I think he's probably the towniest player we have and while I don't want a NL I'd do it over voting him. Two, I sent him my ballot and don't want it sent into the wind. For now, ##vote wall monitor. I'm using my cop on Ernie tonight.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I did not see your cop result. ##unvote

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

His case is literally: "tone."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie's case on me was "is posting more than usual" which should be a good thing you'd think.

Also why in the world would you not cop Ernie?!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am not fully read up on the thread, tbh. That's a sucky answer, I know, but it is what it is. This has been the week from hell with my co-teacher being threatened by a gang of girl students and me being stuck in the middle so I kinda just wanna curl into a ball forever. That said, as far as this game goes I would've voted out Ernie days ago. He should've been gaming the system from day one because that's Ernie. He pretty much single-handedly broke my Habeas Corpses game by exploiting the lie detector and obliterated scum. Why wasn't he working to break the system day one?

Wall Monitor is cleared by you and you keep talking about Godfather and stuff. I have a weird theory I don't want to push because I'm going to go to sleep for 24 hours but what if someone lied about their cop result? Either A. scum can have an effect on it or B. someone who has reported a cop claim to us is scum and cleared their teammate.

Also why kill Epsilon+ and not all these "confirmed town" people?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think we had three scum at the start. I'm pretty sure we're looking at Ernie, Pmom, and either Murmur or Meinberg. It should be pretty easy to wrap this game up.

##vote Pmom

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Meinberg posted:

Ayup.

Ernie is scum.

Shocker. Only been saying that all game. ##vote Ernie

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Uh wrong actually?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Last night I had an RB. I used it on Meinberg and passed it to JJ. I now have a cop.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So you're saying you copped me as scum but then, suddenly, in your excitement to "solve" the game you then logic-ed I'm scum by virtue of your results. But if you copped me why even do that? Because you were lying about the cop result, which means you've probably been lying about other stuff all game long.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How in the world would I know that you have already gotten all the cop results?

Also ##vote little mac. I don't feel like fighting to the death.

This game was very, very town-favored imo. Since we could never eliminate your power roles and you could openly share the information gained from them and even catch us in lies about it far easier than we could disseminate false information (which relied on coin flip at best), it made it extremely easy to solve the game if you were paying attention. Outside of us getting the results, which was randomized (we could not manipulate ballots/results, really), it was purely out of our control. All we could do is hope for idiots and luck and got few of the former and none of the latter. I don't feel like I played a bad game and I don't feel like Ernie did, either (MAYBE Pmom, but I still love ya) but honestly we never stood a chance. We DEFINITELY should have had a fourth member at the very least, which would have balanced things a lot better (we would have won had the game gone as it did, however it would have been even easier to catch us in lies).

Asiina was right from the beginning.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think I'm just bummed that I actually tried kinda hard as scum and it had no effect all game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh oops. ##vote little mac

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

HEY VOTEFINDER ACCEPT MY SELF-HAMMER YOU JERK

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Someone PM someone someone etc etc Soru etc etc

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I disagree that the game favored scum at any time, like, ever. I mean once you confirm someone as town and then send ballots back and forth it's pretty much all over. Then those confirmed town keep confirming others. Scum can do nothing. We can't keep up with the confirmations. The extra ballots were useless because there were only three, compared to the five in each room each night which we had little hand in. Even if we stuffed a ballot box, that's one night - and also not a guarantee of success (at worst a 3/8 chance - not even 50%)! It made more sense, in my mind, to save the extra ballots for later when, if town had been dumb, we could also have had regular ballots. We very rarely did. I don't think any of us, aside from the first night, had more than one ballot on any given night.

Also, we definitely didn't communicate as much as I would have liked. I talked to myself a lot. I think Ernie was busy. Not sure about Pmom.

The block about "not sharing information" was moot because obviously MMT and Meinberg did, plus it was very obviously in town's best interest to share information. Even if scum were in a doc with town, if we know who some of them are voting for all we can do is vote the opposite or try to kill one of the other people. It was SO luck-based.

And yeah, confirmed town masonry with all power roles we could never actively eliminate. Ridiculous!

I still had fun and I think it's a good idea that can be used in future games. I hope you run another in a similar vein! :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Epsilon Plus posted:

I think the voting mechanic was really neat! I think you could do a game where three players control a single PR as like a council or something, and on a player's death he/she can will that ballot to another player.

This sounds neat but do you confirm those first three players to each other? That's easily felled by an early claim and you confirm upwards of six or nine people.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I hope you don't feel like I'm being harsh with my posts, MMM. Again, I really liked the game! It was the first game where I really felt like I've tried hard from day one in awhile - though it's also the first time I've been scum in a long time. I'm probably just being salty and overly critical.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, I was completely shocked when Byers flipped town. After I cased him I felt like I was sooo right and that result left me questioning everything in my head the next day (while I was offline).

Hahaha. Outside of JJ he was probably the most on his game town player up until his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Murmur Twin posted:

I hope you don't mind brainstorms in thread!

How about changing the scum roles to:

1-shot cop vote result changer (frames target)
1-shot doctor vote result changer (nullifies doc ability without notifying town)
1-shot RB vote result changer (redirects target in secret)

Or something like that? If you mention their existence in the rules, it will give town the ability to play around it while making it much tougher to trust their data.

I honestly think a good ol' Godfather would've been a great boon. It also encourages scum to be more outgoing since a cop can't take them down out of nowhere.

• Locked thread