Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

The Rat posted:

Does anyone here own or have any experience with the Tavor shotgun?

Via Google, most of the published reviews have negative comments about the reliability, but recent posts on a few forums say they run fine. Is this a case of the first few to hit the market having issues that have since been fixed?

I'm also curious about the Tavor. I found a decent looking deal for one and I'm thinking this could simultaneously scratch my "get a semi-auto shotgun" itch and my "buy a stupid bullpup, lol," itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I just handled/held one today at the local store after I sold my 1301 Comp.

It's pretty light, and empty the balance point is a couple inches behind the grip. Very short. Trigger isn't great, but whatever. Rotating the tubes isn't too hard.

Ended up not buying it since I was thinking about what would be involved with a reload plan in a 3-gun stage. The way the shot timer subtracts about 30 IQ points when it hits, I can easily see myself getting confused as to which tube has what and screwing it up.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

poeticoddity posted:

I'm also curious about the Tavor. I found a decent looking deal for one and I'm thinking this could simultaneously scratch my "get a semi-auto shotgun" itch and my "buy a stupid bullpup, lol," itch.

If youíre looking at stupid bullpups I highly recommend the DP12. Itís not semi auto, though you do at least get to have a nice two booms per click-clack.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If youíre looking at stupid bullpups I highly recommend the DP12. Itís not semi auto, though you do at least get to have a nice two booms per click-clack.

As amusing as that thing looks, if I was going to throw that much money at Standard Manufacturing, I'd get an SKO, which I am still contemplating.

I'd had my eye on a Mossberg 940 Pro JM, but they're currently >50% over MSRP (if they're in stock at all) and I'm seeing more and more negative reviews.

I need to poke around a bit and see if Beretta 1301 Comp Pros are in stock for a reasonable price anywhere.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007

Alright, I ordered a Beretta 1301 Comp Pro (24") and am now soliciting recommendations for makes and models of extension tubes to get it to 10 rounds as well as worthwhile accessories.