Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

http://www.slashfilm.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-tops-2015-product-placement-awards/

The winner for most brands in a single film shouldn’t be hard to guess but smaller films like Nightcrawler and The Theory of Everything apparently still found ways to squeeze in a few notable brand mentions.

2014 Award for Overall Product Placement: Apple
Apple was reportedly featured in 9 of the 35 #1 films of 2014, beating out runner-ups Sony and Coca-Cola. It’s the company’s first win since 2011.

2014 Award for Achievement in Product Placement in a Single Film: Transformers: Age of Extinction
Transformers: Age of Extinction reportedly featured 55 distinct brands. At this point, they should probably just name this award after Michael Bay — he also won in 2014 for Pain & Gain (39 brands) and in 2011 for Transformers: Dark of the Moon (71).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

waaa guys things have brand placement in them!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs5bbWSrzBQ

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol if you get angry that movies look like real life

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow thread, not reading

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

look, brand awareness is real!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
this thread isn't about computers, op, maybe it would be better suited in entertainment, weakly

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apple, lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there are several forums here where this post might be relevant, i encourage you to find one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i dunno, watching pagancow both trolling people and getting legit butthurt when people tell him what a shitstain he and his industry are is pretty entertaining

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i remember in "i, robot" someone says to will smith "nice shoes" and he answers "vintage 2004". i'm used to product placement but i had never seen actors actually acknowledge it in-character

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i skipped around that transformers vid and lol at everything, especially the continuing trend of blockbusters bending over backward to appeal to chinese audiences

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Suspicious posted:

i remember in "i, robot" someone says to will smith "nice shoes" and he answers "vintage 2004". i'm used to product placement but i had never seen actors actually acknowledge it in-character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

this thread isn't about computers, op, maybe it would be better suited in entertainment, weakly

pagancow posted:

2014 Award for Overall Product Placement: Apple
Apple was reportedly featured in 9 of the 35 #1 films of 2014

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Still not sure if Apple pays for the placement or if its just easier to find macs laying around in hollywood for set decoration.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

that's not about apple, that's about films

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use%E2%80%93mention_distinction

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

pagancow posted:

Still not sure if Apple pays for the placement or if its just easier to find macs laying around in hollywood for set decoration.

real talk, whenever i see an android or even (lol) a windows phone in a movie or tv show, i immediately wonder how much they paid for the placement. but if theres a mac or iphone, it just seems completely natural and my immersion isnt ruined

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Arrow has some real bad Windows placement, it's really shoehorned in

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pagancow posted:

lol if you get angry that movies look like real life

I look forward to seeing someone mention what a piece of poo poo their samsung phone or Chevy car is in a popular movie

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Touche

SMYTTHEE TAAKKE THE WHEEELLLL

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
your product placement is a piece of poo poo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ground floor of the newest pagancow thread

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

The Management posted:

I look forward to seeing someone mention what a piece of poo poo their samsung phone or Chevy car is in a popular movie

idk every person i met with a samsung phone is trying to dyp it and say how much better it is than the iphone

they usually end up getting iphones after contract is up so its real?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thread is vaguely computer related. ide like to see comparisons of ad budgets for the various tech firms. if the thread stil sucks by the time i eat lunch at work ill close it

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

infernal machines posted:

i dunno, watching pagancow both trolling people and getting legit butthurt when people tell him what a shitstain he and his industry are is pretty entertaining

come on you love me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

As a Millennial I posted:

i skipped around that transformers vid and lol at everything, especially the continuing trend of blockbusters bending over backward to appeal to chinese audiences

they should just make films with the improbable "now we're in China" part self contained so that it can be easily cut out of the worldwide release

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i love interacting with my favorite brands

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Management posted:

they should just make films with the improbable "now we're in China" part self contained so that it can be easily cut out of the worldwide release

worldwide choppers is an excellent song, motion seconded

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Please don't get black probed op

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Jonny 290 posted:

like literally you could throw pagancow up in a convention of adults + good looking people and strip him completely naked and his lil peanut dick hanging out not makin it past the balls and he'd just like shrug and go NO THE REAL SHAME IS THAT YOURE NOT TAKING PICS OF THIS WITH PROPER COLOR CORRECTION

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

:pwn:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

yeah seriously why would you want a different question than the mcdonalds one?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

some product placement might not feel out of place if it weren't for the fact that tv always uses fake brands or just hides the brands if they're not being paid

catching up on parks & rec and when chris walks in with a petsmart bag and says he stopped by petsmart it feels really awkward and forced even though that's exactly a thing one would say irl

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

man i do not care about any of this i just really don't want to work today

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

TV is bad because it gets completed in an entire week whats new?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hawaii five-o subway clip

ms surface referred to as "ipad" by nfl commentators clip

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

kind of surprised nobody has tried to say blade runner is the worst movie in the world becuase they shove brands down your throat

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pagancow posted:

kind of surprised nobody has tried to say blade runner is the worst movie in the world becuase they shove brands down your throat

the brands in blade runner are all advertisements which is the normal home of the brand, it's not like deckard used a surface pro 3 and cortana to zoom in on that photo then printed it on his epson stylus printer

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I love brands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the product placement in back to the future was fun and good

• Locked thread