Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not to be confused with Wrestling Questions that Don't Deserve their Own Thread. These indeed don't, but all the same take up pages of the gameday threads. Hi, I'm RacistGuidingLight

Question: Was this SUPPOSED to get him over? (over meaning popular and higher up the unmarked wrestler hierarchy)
Answer: Likely no, that wasn't their priority there

Question: This supposed "heel", (or bad guy) is making some good points. Is he truly the bad guy?
Answer: He is, and his complaints and grievances, while ringing somewhat true, have an obvious agenda or ignore a recent nefarious deed or hypocrisy of their own.

Question: Why do they insist on cramming x down our throats even tho we (I) hate him (Roman Reigns)?
Answer: They have chosen a course of action and are not hastily derailing it at the first signs of turbulence, this time.

Question: Why can't they choose a course of action and not hastily derail it at the first signs of turbulence?
Answer: The day to day script is written by several people then filtered through several wanton agenda-driven egos and then through the demands of nervous shareholders, making a real decision all but impossible, if not for the benevolent tyranny of Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Question: What John Cena did there was not good or right or justifiable.
Answer: It was in retaliation to that thing from last week, and you are being disingenuous.

Question: Why is John Cena the face of the company and not the guy I like?
Answer: People who relate to or aspire to be heroes and winners are a more lucrative and attractive market than goons.

Question: wrt Cena, an invincible man who never loses is narratively uninteresting and not sustainable.
Answer: Fist of the North Star and Dragon Balls are very good, as is all anime.

This is meant to be a quick reference resource but please feel free to expound on what I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
In truly civilized society, revenge is never the answer, hence Cena's actions are always indefensible. :colbert:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Answer: Fist of the North Star and Dragon Balls are very good, as is all anime.

proof you're a questionable source at best

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

proof you're a questionable source at best

Anime is very good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Who's the most anime wrestler not from Japan?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kevin Mask.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

flashy_mcflash posted:

Kenny Omega and ACH are 1st and 2nd respectively

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think the Rollins and Orton dynamic is a good example of the competitive friendships common to anime.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Which will happen first - Roman gets over or Vince gives up on him?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

81sidewinder posted:

The earth will crash into the sun.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

CombineThresher posted:

The earth will crash into the sun.

Heat death of the universe.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

81sidewinder posted:

Ask here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180956
This is the anime thread.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why is the commentary bad and not good instead?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
What's the deal with the Bill Demott stuff that has been referenced a few times today/yesterday?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

What's the deal with the Bill Demott stuff that has been referenced a few times today/yesterday?

I don't care!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Keg posted:

Millenials who don't know how to work are bitching on the internet because they don't have what it takes

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
why is the thread title only inclusive of WWE questions. there's thousands of questions about indies and other promotions that I have the ability to be condescending towards

when somebody complains that the main syes wrestling is bad. maybe you should watch New Japan then, mark

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bard Maddox posted:

why is the thread title only inclusive of WWE questions. there's thousands of questions about indies and other promotions that I have the ability to be condescending towards

when somebody complains that the main syes wrestling is bad. maybe you should watch New Japan then, mark

What other questions for indies could there possibly be besides "who the gently caress is that guy?"

projecthalaxy posted:

Why is the commentary bad and not good instead?

Given the trouble goons seem to have with basic nuance, I think it is a courteous and good thing that they over explain everything.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Fist of the North Star and Dragon Balls are very good, as is all anime.

It seems you might be posting in the wrong subforum. Try posting here instead.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

you didn't link to FYAD

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Question: Why is John Cena the face of the company and not the guy I like?
Answer: People who relate to or aspire to be heroes and winners are a more lucrative and attractive market than goons.

i fuckin love this

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
thank you for answering my frequently asked WWE questions

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

John Cena's power level is ________

CM Punk's power level is ________

Big E's power is _________

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When will Joey Samoey show up in the Full Sail Zone

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Anime Curator posted:

John Cena's power level is ________

CM Punk's power level is ________

Big E's power is _________

If we are talking final form here, in and around 150 million for John Cena, while CM Punk and Big E's final form is obscurity and depression.

NickRoweFillea posted:

When will Joey Samoey show up in the Full Sail Zone

Go away

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Who would win: john cena or goku

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NickRoweFillea posted:

Goku has put over less people than Cena

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Do PEDs increase your power level? Is cocaine considered a PED?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NickRoweFillea posted:

That depends. In the origional Dragon Ball saga Goku's power level topped out in the low nine hundreds, and never breached a million until the Frieza saga. however his highest recorded power level is a cool 1.5 billion which would be quite the odds to overcome.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
quote not edit

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

That depends. In the origional Dragon Ball saga Goku's power level topped out in the low nine hundreds, and never breached a million until the Frieza saga. however his highest recorded power level is a cool 1.5 billion which would be quite the odds to overcome.

Nobody is better at overcoming odds than John Cena

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Since he became an adult, Goku has never lost clean. Everything has been a gently caress finish. Goku is a no good politician with the Supreme Kai

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Smoking Crow posted:

Since he became an adult, Goku has never lost clean. Everything has been a gently caress finish. Goku is a no good politician with the Supreme Kai

Man, they could have made Vegeta the top guy any time they wanted after his face turn. Dude's workrate was second to none. Piccolo and Gohan too, gently caress this company and it's stop-start pushes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Goku submitted clean to Perfect Cell. :colbert:

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Vegeta will finally get his push once they get Frieza back under contract. They can't possibly put Goku over him AGAIN, can they?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is it true if I take Cena's wristbands I BECOME Cena?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is it true if I take Cena's wristbands I BECOME Cena?

u r gay

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea fair enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

1.) Why isn't Kevin Nash brought in as Cesaro's Manager?

2.) Why isn't my favorite wrestler RVD getting a push?

• Locked thread