Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Good. Hopefully they'll shut the rest of their studios down too.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

EA was the first to make me realize all those years ago,"Oh, a company can be bad." And they haven't changed a bit.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i wonder when a company sells itself to ea they think "it won't happen to us, we're bomb rear end game makers" or maybe the need for money is so pressing they don't see the inevitable ruin that awaits them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i wonder when a company sells itself to ea they think "it won't happen to us, we're bomb rear end game makers" or maybe the need for money is so pressing they don't see the inevitable ruin that awaits them

its probably, wow money is cool gently caress my brand

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

elf help book posted:

its probably, wow money is cool gently caress my brand

See also: Persson, Markus

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yeah id probably do a notch if id created mine craft. loving two billion

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
a future where EA has run out of brands to buy

a bleak future, an inevitable future

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who gives a poo poo.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The EA cycle continues

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Humphrey Vasel posted:

See also: Persson, Markus

Yeah I'd say gently caress my brand for two billion loving dollars.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Put Bioware out of their misery before they just start making straight-up anime dating sims

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
apparently Dragon Age: Inquisition was actually ok. I just didn't play it because I'm still completely Bioware'd out from Mass Effect 2

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Sharmat posted:

apparently Dragon Age: Inquisition was actually ok. I just didn't play it because I'm still completely Bioware'd out from Mass Effect 2

It wasn't great but it was better than Dragon Age 2. There was a big filler to story ratio though and the game felt like it needed another third.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Mach2 posted:

Put Bioware out of their misery before they just start making straight-up anime dating sims

Sorry but this would own, but only if they were wholly committed.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I can't wait to heal Canderous Ordo's wounded heart

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Red Suit posted:

It wasn't great but it was better than Dragon Age 2. There was a big filler to story ratio though and the game felt like it needed another third.

Better than DA2 is not a high bar to clear

Dec 26, 2012

Mach2 posted:

bioware should just drop the your choices matter crap and make jrpgs. theyd probably be good at it

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

01011001 posted:

bioware should just drop the your choices matter crap and make jrpgs. theyd probably be good at it

I think Mass Effect 1 and 2 were good, but the increasing emphasis on relationships and the abysmal writing really dragged down everything after those.

Just have Bioware make a true Neverwinter Nights sequel. And while we're at it maybe Obsidian can make another KotOR and Capcom can make a new Mega Man and the Easter Bunny can jerk me off while unicorns piss on my face

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Press F To Pay Respects

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mach2 posted:

The reason they stopped making good games is because there were no new Persona games to rip off for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only rpg that had a good dialogue choice system was Alpha Protocol and Walking Dead just made an entire game out of that mechanic but made it 1000x gayer because it was about killing zombies instead of trying to gently caress apt babes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Although this is the same Maxis studio that made some of my favorite games from my childhood, none of the people responsible for those games are still working at Maxis now. So I don't really feel anything towards this. Sim City and Sims 4 were disasters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forever play Sim Ants.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I said come in! posted:

Although this is the same Maxis studio that made some of my favorite games from my childhood, none of the people responsible for those games are still working at Maxis now. So I don't really feel anything towards this. Sim City and Sims 4 were disasters.

i think the studio that made all the games in the 90s closed in like 2004 or something lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Forever play Sim Ants.

its called pikmin nowadays

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
robosport was the best maxis game i wish i could play it somewhere

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
People poo poo on spore but it allowed me to make a monster with a hidden mouth in it's butt that would go hog wild shoving food up it's rear end to eat, and that was worth the 10$ price of admission.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Deki posted:

People poo poo on spore but it allowed me to make a monster with a hidden mouth in it's butt that would go hog wild shoving food up it's rear end to eat, and that was worth the 10$ price of admission.

that sounds insanely win.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

eh, as long as mirror's edge 2 comes out, i don't really give a gently caress what ea does going forward.

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The only rpg that had a good dialogue choice system was Alpha Protocol and Walking Dead just made an entire game out of that mechanic but made it 1000x gayer because it was about killing zombies instead of trying to gently caress apt babes.

yeah

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

liquid courage posted:

eh, as long as mirror's edge 2 comes out, i don't really give a gently caress what ea does going forward.

I'm really sorry for your future disappointment mirror's edge bro

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

Forever play Sim Ants.

I loved Sim Ant as a kid but it is actually an incredibly shallow and feature poor game in retrospect

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*eats Mr. T's balls* Oh my god these are delicious!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's supposed to say spy babes

Dec 26, 2012

the point is babes, and that alpha protocol got dialogue right for the most part

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
rip maxis thanks for making sim tower, the only game installed in my middle school computer lab.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

rip maxis thanks for making sim tower, the only game installed in my middle school computer lab.

Actually it was some jap guy that made Sim Tower. He made a sequel for Sega called Yoot Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember having a bitchin tower

• Locked thread