Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I seem to have an issue with chicken skin sticking to the pot during the saute stage... more oil? wait longer before putting the chicken in? It's a bit of a pain before going to the pressure cooking stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I find that scooching it around at first helps but if it does stick I cut off the heat for a minute or two and let it steam itself loose.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thanks, I'll probably knock up some chicken thighs tonight so I'll try that approach. Hadn't considered that (I am kitchen stupid, and also regular stupid too).

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

Are there any tips to keep the instant pot from giving a burn message just as it is about to get to pressure?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Full disclosure: I’ve never had paella before so I didn’t know what to expect.

This was ok...I think I could have used 1/4 cup less water and it didn’t get any crust on the bottom whatsoever.

The main thing was I didn’t like the chicken that was in it. If I were to do it again I’d probably go with either only sausage or maybe sausage with some shrimp.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
There's no way that recipe ever develops socarrat. Maybe if there was a saute at the end step, maybe. But not that recipe as posted.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

droll posted:

There's no way that recipe ever develops socarrat. Maybe if there was a saute at the end step, maybe. But not that recipe as posted.

Ok it just kinda reminded me of jambalaya.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ohvee posted:

Are there any tips to keep the instant pot from giving a burn message just as it is about to get to pressure?

I've stopped trying to saute in my IP because it very often causes a burn message. If you're running I to it now, I've found pouring everything out and washing the IP liner while it cools off and trying again to be the only way to fix it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lookin for a good beef pho recipe and a good chicken pho recipe too

lot of people complaining in the comments about kenji's PC chicken pho

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

nwin posted:

Ok it just kinda reminded me of jambalaya.

As much as I enjoyed what I ate, I was thinking about it over a few days and agree that it was more like Jambalaya than Paella.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
I mean yeah, it’s a shortcut. For the amount of effort you save the results are decent though. Also I just discovered there’s an emoji for it 🥘 lol

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Made another amazing bean soup, chorizo, onions, butternut squash, okra, chicken stock, ras el hanout, salt/pepper, 1/2 cup of whey, 1# white beans, 40 minutes in IP. Topped with cilantro and served with rice. loving delicious.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got some brown basmati. What's the best way to cook this in the IP?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I got some brown basmati. What's the best way to cook this in the IP?

I do a 1:1 for white basmati that turns out :discourse:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
IP website has a whole page on rice that is spot on.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Brain fart check:
If i wanted to make the IP Butter *Protein* but with tofu, i would just not add the tofu til the very end, less it turn to nothing under a 10m high pressure cook time, ya?

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 18, 2020

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://twosleevers.com/faqs-all-your-butter-chicken-questions-answered/

11. Can I make this tofu/paneer/chickpeas/other vegetables?
a) Tofu: Add 1/4 c water to the sauce while pressure cooking. Add tofu after the sauce is cooked.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

https://twosleevers.com/faqs-all-your-butter-chicken-questions-answered/

11. Can I make this tofu/paneer/chickpeas/other vegetables?
a) Tofu: Add 1/4 c water to the sauce while pressure cooking. Add tofu after the sauce is cooked.

Great, thanks!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Made Two Sleevers Biryani last night. Hot drat it was easy and yummy. I hosed up a bit and it was still good. Tasted great for lunch too!

I love takeout biryani but gently caress paying 14 dollars for a mutton biryani to share. Making my own from now on

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Suspect Bucket posted:

Made Two Sleevers Biryani last night. Hot drat it was easy and yummy. I hosed up a bit and it was still good. Tasted great for lunch too!

Just made it for lunch. Get good Garam Masala and you'll have a good time. Other than that, nothing complicated at all. I'd recommend chopping in advance.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
What are some good recipes for parties or large gatherings?

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
1 large block of velveeta cubed
1 box of cream cheese cubed
1 pound of cooked, drained ground sausage
1 can of Rotel
Slow cook it

I like to use hot sausage and hot Rotel but either way the queso is delicious.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Heners_UK posted:

Just made it for lunch. Get good Garam Masala and you'll have a good time. Other than that, nothing complicated at all. I'd recommend chopping in advance.

I bought new boxes of biryani masala and chicken masala to try next time. And hopefully I won't get fresh fenugreek instead of coriander c.c

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That biryani looks great. Too bad I stopped eating rice :(

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
My fiancee is asking me to make a cauliflower version.... Advice?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Heners_UK posted:

My fiancee is asking me to make a cauliflower version.... Advice?
https://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/cauliflower-biryani-recipe-gobi-biryani/ or https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/gobi-biryani-recipe-cauliflower-biryani/ are good recipes. There's also this. Not all of them are 100% pressure cooker recipes but it's worth maybe doing it the non-pressure cooked way because it's easy to overcook cauliflower in a pressure cooker if you don't already know what you're doing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you want riced cauliflower to have the texture/bite of a good rice then I would not cook more than 3 minutes. After that it turns to mush.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So I have a theory,. I can just take a standard carne asada marinade and huck that and a chuck roast into an instant pot and then crisp it up like carnitas right? I can't imagine that it'll get any more or less flavor if I marinate it overnight

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Guildenstern Mother posted:

So I have a theory,. I can just take a standard carne asada marinade and huck that and a chuck roast into an instant pot and then crisp it up like carnitas right? I can't imagine that it'll get any more or less flavor if I marinate it overnight

You also have the problem of changing a cow into a pig

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I can't find any pork! Its horrible! No pork butts, no TP, and my favorite par cooked whole grain mixes are all gone as well.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I forget who posted it, but someone in here posted a fish rice and greens recipe ages ago that I finally got around to trying last night and it was quick and delicious. Thank you.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

I forget who posted it, but someone in here posted a fish rice and greens recipe ages ago that I finally got around to trying last night and it was quick and delicious. Thank you.

The one with frozen fish? I did that the other night and loved it, too!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Weird coincidence, I made rice and frozen cod tonight but the fish was way overcooked, tough and chewy. I put a wire rack over the rice so the fish wouldn't wouldn't sit in the water. 8 min pressure, natural release, where did I go wrong?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Don't cook fish in a pressure cooker.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

wormil posted:

Weird coincidence, I made rice and frozen cod tonight but the fish was way overcooked, tough and chewy. I put a wire rack over the rice so the fish wouldn't wouldn't sit in the water. 8 min pressure, natural release, where did I go wrong?

I did 3 minutes at high pressure then natural release, and it was probably slightly under, but I seared the poo poo out of it skin side down in a fry pan so that made up for it. Was the fish frozen?

Johnny Truant posted:

The one with frozen fish? I did that the other night and loved it, too!

Thats the one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

marshalljim posted:

This is a bad and dumb post, I'm going to put a fish in my IP tonight :coolfish:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

marshalljim posted:

That was my thought but figured it was worth a try since it seems to be working for some.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just worked for me :yum:

I forgot to salt the fish fillet first which I didn't think would be a big deal but it was!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What kind of fish, how big, how long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Moot .1415926535 posted:

1 large block of velveeta cubed
1 box of cream cheese cubed
1 pound of cooked, drained ground sausage
1 can of Rotel
Slow cook it

I like to use hot sausage and hot Rotel but either way the queso is delicious.

I go even lazier with this and just mix together Tostito's salsa and queso with hot breakfast sausage and it's the first thing to go at the Superbowl every year.

As for fish, ATK's Mediterranean Instant Pot has a handful of fish recipes. I think they have you turn it off and quick release as soon as it reaches pressure.