Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I've tried IP mac and cheese and enjoyed them, but want to put it to the thread: anyone have any instant pot mac and cheese recipes they really love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Appreciate the recipes! Stovetop/kitchen space was at a premium so being able to cook it from another room was a lifesaver.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

NPR Journalizard posted:

Seconding this.

A hearty third. Goes fantastically with a steak.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm trying to improve the quality of the food I'm eating, and I'm hoping a pressure cooker can be a useful tool in that.
Username post combo!

My simplest go-to, adapted from a variety of online recipes, is a shredded cheesey chicken. Food processor takes it from easy to lazy.

Food:
2 lbs boneless chicken breast
3/4 cup salsa (I prefer the individual fresh veggies quickly chopped, but again we're aiming for lazy. Also no need to measure the salsa, it's an extra dish. Eyeball it!)
1/2 brick (4oz) of lowfat cream cheese
1 cup cheddar or pepperjack shredded cheese (also eyeball)
1 can drained black beans (optional af)
1 tsp each of your preferred seasonings (chili powder? Garlic powder? Anything you like. I usually go light here. Also eyeball)
Hot sauce if you like it
Salt & Pepper
Lime juice (1 small lime) if you feel like

Instructions:
  1. Open up pot
  2. Place in the chicken (on the trivet!) followed by the salsa and everything not cheeses or beans
  3. Close pot
  4. Cook on high pressure 20 minutes
  5. Allow natural release (on keep warm)
  6. Remove chicken, place in food processor and pulse 3-5 times until shreddey but not pulverised or sandy
  7. Whisk cream cheese and shredded cheese in the pot with the salsa&chicken juices until smooth (my signal is usually no chunks of cream cheese)
  8. add back in chicken (and add beans if using)

Works on salad (grocery store bagged salad kits makes it an easy af meal), sandwiches, tacos, rice, eggs, mixed with frozen veggies, or entirely by itself. Will also not clash with or overpower most sauces so you can add variety that way.

The various shortcuts here sap it of some of its quality and leave it a bit sodium heavy, but at the end of the day you've only sullied your pot, the food processor, and the whisk and the active time is around 5 minutes. It's not something I ever make to show off for others, but it's easier for me than deciding on delivery and quicker+better than the halfdozen frozen microwave meals it can replace.

ETA:

angerbeet posted:

Edit: I know, I know, but there’s always the dreaded salsa chicken. Chicken thighs (thawed overnight) and a jar of salsa plus a can of corn or beans or both. You dump it all in (trying not to get salsa on the bottom of the pot, put it last) and set on high for a little while, shred the chicken and adjust seasoning. It’s the very very most basic IP/Crockpot recipe but it’s usable in tacos, on salads, I made decent enchiladas with it once. Basic but easy.
Apparently I just can't read and missed the lower touch version of this. :tipshat:

404notfound posted:

Try looking up "dump-and-go" recipes, which don't require any prep beyond chopping up your ingredients. I don't have any particular source I like for that, but it's the keyword that everybody uses for those types of recipes
"One pot" can be more hit or miss, but also an option along with "dump-and-go"

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 9, 2023