Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

coyo7e posted:

I suppose if you consider "putting things in their proper place" as hindrance to your "workflow" then yeah it's super inefficient.

I have an aunt who goes by your logic - she can find any magazine in her house.. From any of the 3-foot-tall stacks she has scatted on every table, chair, and open floor space (there's even a stack blocking her bathroom door OPEN). Efficiency is keeping things as close to hand and out in the open as possible!
so by your stilted logic the place for your pressure cooker is at the back of your cabinets, still dirty from cooking.

coyo7e posted:

It takes way more effort to break out the pressure cooker and rinse it and set it up, than it does to toss a steamer attachment into one of my pans.
totally sounds efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Disco Salmon posted:

Little late but I did read of people using PVC pipe elbow to fit over the steam release valve and redirect the steam. I'm actually looking into doing this myself!
I would be wary of using pvc, it will probably soften/melt at the temperatures the evacuating steam can achieve.