Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Trastion posted:

I used this one, her site has some good recipes, for one a few weeks ago and basically did the same thing again. https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cooker-fresh-berry-compote/

Basically a couple pounds of fruit, 1/4c or so of sugar and let it sit for 20 minutes to break down. Then seal up and cook under pressure for 1 minute. Apples and harder fruit will take around 5 minutes. Add whatever other spices you want before cooking of course. I put Cinnamon and Nutmeg in my apple compote and it is great.

I found that you don't really need to add the lemon/orange juice. Each batch has been pretty juicy after, even too much so. I added it to the raspberry and blackberry one because they didn't get very juicy after sitting for 20 minutes but in the end I don't think I needed it and will not so it next time.

Can you basically freely substitute other fruit in this recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I made this Bolognese sauce in the pressure cooker the night before last and my fiance is still raving about it. I didn't find pancetta so I just used smoked bacon and I forgot to add the cream at the end, but it was still amazing. We have yet to be disappointed by the pressure cooker.

EDIT: If I make this cream of mushroom soup but use my leftover beef stock instead of the vegetable stock in the recipe (and omit the added salt), does that sound like it would result in some sort of catastrophe or would that probably be fine?

Ignoranus fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 18, 2017

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Trabant posted:

I really want to try the bolognese, but the 30-minute browning on medium saute in the Instantpot... That sounds excessive, right?

I didn't track the actual timing, just stirred occasionally while working on other stuff, so I'm not sure if it took an actual half hour. It DOES take a bit of time though because, as written, it's not the ground beef by itself - it's the ground beef added on top of the pancetta/bacon, onion, carrot and celery stick.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I made this baked beans recipe from Serious Eats three nights ago and would heartily recommend it. I didn't have any leftover smoked meat, so instead I chopped up and cooked some bacon in the pressure cooker on saute to start the process. I used dried pasilla chilies, since that was what I could find at the store. The only thing I would change going back is that I forgot to salt the whole thing when I started it.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Matt Zerella posted:

Anyone have a IP bolognase recipe they like? I'm trying my hand at homemade pasta this week and I'm thinking that'll be a nice thing to go along with it.

I have made and enjoyed this particular recipe a few times, but I've been told in this thread that it's a mere sad shadow of whatever version Kenji published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I've decided that I'm going to try making instant pot yogurt overnight tonight. I've been looking at recipes online and they're basically all the same process: Boil milk with Yogurt setting, cool to 110, mix in existing yogurt, incubate.

The only thing that's throwing me off is that some sites (e.g. this one) say to avoid disturbing the bottom of the Instant Pot insert while stirring in the yogurt before incubating, but this one on Epicurious does not. Have any of you tried this and do you have an opinion on this? Epicurious just says to mix it in thoroughly.