Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Google wants their new backup and sync app to be the go-to backup software. Backing everything on all devices and making them instantly accessible by cloud. It's the permanent replacement for google drive.

Backup and sync is also really buggy. It backed up all my video files which I never marked for backup. Backed up every in-game screen-shot and every e-book cover. If it was an image file on my c drive it'd get backed up, with even odds of that happening to any image files on my phone.

It's really annoying to go from having 6 gigs of files on google drive to getting an email saying that almost all 120 gigs of space were used up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Furism posted:

Somebody read their Terms & Conditions/EULA? Pretty sure they're going to look at the files metadata for their usual marketing purposes. Microsoft already does this with Office 365 to sell you later on "business intelligence."

Note I'm not saying whether or not it's true or false or good or bad, just that people should make sure what Google is going to do with their files.

Well, I'm just uninstalling backup and sync and accepting that google drive is going to be taken offline in a few months.

Crashplan looks like it was the go-to until it went business clients only. What are the affordable alternatives?

• Locked thread