Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I have a gig to consolidate 1.35TB of data spread over five computers and a NAS to a single location.
Sadly the password for the NAS was lost so I can only use the network because I am not playing the manual's "reset without destroying data, honest!" gambit.

I was wondering what the best Windows tool would be to copy that stuff over the network reliably. Seeing how this will take a whole weekend I don't want to babysit the transfer all the time. At most I want to pop in twice a day to check.

I know there's richcopy but that hasn't been updated since 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Ah right, robocopy. I nearly forgot that one.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

quote:

I swear, there has GOT to be a decent GUI for robocopy. Or at least something with a decent gui for drag and dropping.

I seem to have actually found a usable gui but it's in German only http://yarcgui.wilkes.es/

• Locked thread