Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
I just upgraded to a new laptop, but haven't bothered to transfer really any files over because I don't need all the files on my old laptop. My old laptop though is a pain in the rear end to use because its very slow. Using my new laptop, is there a way to have my old laptop just work sort of like a cloud server or accessible storage device over wifi so anytime I need to grab an old file I can just open up it up in my new laptop and grab it? What's the easiest way to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST

ConfusedUs posted:

Uh, turn on something like Windows File Sharing?

Would that work across different networks? I.E. could I be on a seperate wifi network and access it like I would DropBox or Google Drive?

• Locked thread