Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
This may be a stupid question, but I cannot find a direct answer through searching.

With Google Drive's 1TB offer of $10 / month can I have 2TB at $20 / month and so on or is the only choice once 1TB is reached is to jump to the 10TB option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Over in the Mac Software thread ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3426005&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=632#post451868347 ) Arq - https://www.arqbackup.com - was mentioned. The software allows backup to Google Drive and AWS among other things. The few reviews I read make it sound good and it appears to have extremely robust features. It's also pretty cheap when you're just using their product to interface with your own storage.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice

68k posted:

Can anyone recommend me a good/best cloud storage service? I'm not looking for a free option. I am strictly using this to be an online backup of my music library and nothing else. I do not want to be able to stream my library from the storage itself or anything like that. I just want a bucket to throw it into in case my physical drives ever fail/are stolen/etc. Total size is currently a bit north of 150 GB, and I'm on Linux. I don't need fancy native applications to interact with the storage (a la Amazon Cloud Drive), since this will hopefully be something I would only have to access in an emergency, so a web-based interface is fine.

Well, Google Music is free, but it'd be a good solution for only 150 GB of music. It can hold up to 50,000 songs. I have all my stuff in iTunes Match, but prior to trusting Match I threw all of my stuff in Google Music and it was fine. It saves your custom tags and file names without issue. Upload and downloaded is handled through the web interface at play.google.com. I also have it all backed up with my documents in Spideroak.

But yeah, if you want to spend money - Crashplan should cool.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Veeam is pretty awesome. I've used it for VM backups and restores and it's pretty flawless and quick. Out of all the software I've used it's one of the very few that just works - no tweaks or weird workarounds.

• Locked thread